Author Topic: Ear phones  (Read 3079 times)

Cruisinby

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Ear phones
« on: January 23, 2017, 06:50:48 AM »
What the choice of earphones being  used for flat water paddling ?   

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Ear phones
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 08:36:26 AM »
Hey Crusin, I've gotten addicted to the nice sound of my Bose wireless headphones.  But they are the over the ear variety and definitely not for sports of any kind, so I'm also searching for some quality in-ear phones.   

Cruisinby

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 11:50:10 AM »
Looking for a sports / water resistant type. I'm using a pr of reg in the ear type that slip out off and on.   I'm not looking to a lot of money.

thanx

SUPvol

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 12:50:35 PM »
Not water resistant, but for $25 these have been great for the past 18 months. AYL 4009152 Wireless Bluetooth V4.1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014EGE9G6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

BrownSugah

• Malibu Status
  • Like Pahhtay wit me ?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 01:52:23 PM »
http://www.istayalpha.com/products/alpha-sound-active..... never falls out when i use them and have excellent range so normally if i am doing just some sprints or flat water training i can leave my phone on the dock or on the shore.  and water resistant ive dropped them in shallow and was able to pull them back out and keep sing them no problem.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 01:55:05 PM by 253SUP808 »
ALOHA

MaineSUP

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 05:21:28 PM »
Jaybird Freedom wireless are water resistant and work well.
Coreban Dart 14'
SIC Bullet 14 V2
Sunova Speeed 9'2"
Red Sport 12'6"

Cruisinby

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 05:48:11 PM »
Thanks for the info.   

Paddle on !

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 08:28:01 PM »
I just got the Treblab Noise-Cancelling Waterproof BT Headphones from Massdrop. Remarkable. The noise canceling is very effective and the sound quality is amazing--at least as far as my somewhat compromised ears can tell.

Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SUP Sports ®

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Stoked For Life ®
    • View Profile
    • SUP Sports ®
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 12:05:11 PM »
Swim Buds by Underwater Audio ($40) are the most popular waterproof in ear headphones that we carry in our shop...great sound and they stay in...
We haven't had a failure yet...
Folks also like them with our waterproof iPods...

• 100% Waterproof with gold plated stereo jack to prevent corrosion.
    Flanged ear buds create a tight seal and are designed to stay in during flip-turns
    No more stuffing long headphone cords under your swimcap or goggle strap!
    Waterproof audio extension cord included for when you need a longer fit
    Find your best fit: 4 earbud tip options included

• Designed for Water. Designed for Athletes.

NEW! Improved Audio Quality: Now the best sounding waterproof headphones you can buy
    Listen without interruption: the 25cm (10-inch) hassle-free short cord doesn’t get caught or snagged
    Never switch headphones: use the free 99cm (39-inch) audio extension cord for different activities
    Find your fit: multiple ear-bud tips are included to help you get the best comfort and sound possible

Starting January 2014, all Swimbuds feature 2nd generation HydroBeat technology that provides the best audio quality of any waterproof headphone you can buy.

Swimbuds Waterproof earbuds have it all: beautiful sound, comfort and ease of use. These signature short cord headphones have an extra-short cord that is designed to stay put during tight flip turns and the most rigorous aquatic workout. That means fewer interruptions and more swimming. They are uniquely suited for swimmers, triathletes and water sports enthusiasts; no more wrapping long lengths of cord around goggle straps and Velcro pieces! There is less drag in water and no loose cord loops to get caught in gear or moving body parts.

Swimbuds earbuds create a waterproof seal that allows sound in and keeps water out. Three different sizes of earbuds are included so you can create a custom fit. In addition, a set of earbuds is included that doesn't create a seal. It's for use in "splash zone" activities, like stand up paddle boarding, kayaking, etc.

Waterproof to IPX8 waterproof standard
    For safety reasons, please don't use these, or any earbuds that create a tight seal, below 3.05 meters.
Mahalos...{:~)

WARDOG ®
Owner/CEO  StandUp Paddle Sports®  &   SurfingSports®.com, Inc.

(805)962-SUPS (7877) store
(888)805-9978 toll free

Retail Store:
Standup Paddle Sports, LLC
121 Santa Barbara St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 06:28:13 AM »
Just received the Treblab xr500 (took PB's advice). 

The sound is really good.  I like that they provide both silicone ear buds and foam expandable.  Also aptX so will work with other aptX Bluetooth devices to help eliminate out-of-synch video/audio.

Caribsurf

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 05:47:04 AM »
I have a set up from H20 Audio. It's a waterproof arm band that holds an iPod shuffle and has waterproof headphones as well.  Great set up that I have used for years. 
https://h2oaudio.com/products/amphibx-waterproof-armband-small
Hobie Raw 8'10"
Jimmy Lewis Kwad 8'7"
Naish Hover 95 liter 5'7"
F-One Rocket foil board 5'5" 90 liters
Fanatic Aero 1250, 1500, 1750 HA foils
CabrinhaMantis 3.5, 4m 5m. F-One Strike 7m CWC
Hobie 14' race board

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal