Stand Up Paddle > Sessions

Exit Strategy - today's session required one

(1/5) > >>

supthecreek:
We had the usual winter swell.... some size, with a built in penalty.

Some swells hit Cape Cod with a complimentary direction, and waves peel.
Not today.... it was drop, run and get out  ;D
I made 2 waves all session.... so much for taking off too far back.

I was on my 9'2 Speeed and my buddy Tommy G was on his 7'6 Angulo carbon "Blue Squared", which he rips!  (my name for his board.... don't know the model)
Julia was tearing it up on her Green Exocet, she's a full on cold weather charger.

First 3 shots are one of the bombs that Tommy dropped.... bigger in person, I can tell you..... he manned up, committed over the ledge and got punished for it.

Last 5 are Julia showing us how to pick the right waves and rip them up.

The rest are me, giving a clinic on how to kick out  ;D ;D

Overall, pretty fun... no bad rips or shorebreak, so that made the "short & exit" more fun :)

NEsupSURF wisely chose another beach.... I hope he found a workable bar down there.

Zoner "Weed" shot the action, and as always, did a great job!

TallDude:
Nice session Creek. Sometimes those quick drops and kick-outs run make the sessions more intense. Helps having Weed around on your sessions 8) ....... to take pictures.....

Night Wing:
Great action shots. At this time of the year, I envy you polar bear types who put on your wet/dry suits and brave the cold water for some great sup surfing.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

Badger:

--- Quote from: Night Wing on January 22, 2017, 03:37:33 AM ---At this time of the year, I envy you polar bear types who put on your wet/dry suits and brave the cold water for some great sup surfing.

--- End quote ---

It's not really as cold as some might think. There's no bravery involved. As long as you wear the right gear, it's usually quite comfortable out there. Yesterday in NH, sea temp 43, air temp 43 and I was almost sweating. We had to take our hoods off now and then to cool off. I get cold easy. I'm not a polar bear. I hate being cold. I don't consider it cold unless it's below 20 degrees and even then it's not too bad. I usually feel warmer when I'm surfing than I do when I'm sitting at home.

surfinJ:
Those looked tasty on the initial drop, clean. What a shame they then walled up and needed an exit. But that's way better then not surfing at all. Great stoke.

The cold of the winter is a mental obstacle for me. I need to way ahead psych myself to pass it, commit to the session. Once suited up and in the water it's not that bad. Just gotta get up and over the idea of the cold. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version