Author Topic: 25 1/2" x 13' flat water board  (Read 5779 times)

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: 25 1/2" x 13' flat water board
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2017, 03:07:25 AM »
 a 13ft board is quite a bit harder to fly than a 6fter so we have found!

coz the nose touches the water when overtrimming nose down?

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: 25 1/2" x 13' flat water board
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2017, 01:29:45 PM »
Very cool, that board should rock even without the foil. I'm getting antsy to get back to my shop and rework the Geezer foil. I have a lot of ideas now, and no way to execute. My only current creative outlets are cooking, sewing, writing, and learning drone cinematography. Going a little nuts. Good thing there's going to be some decent surf soon.

I did make one hell of a Valentines dinner for a group of friends. The whole valentine's heart thing cracks me up. How someone getting skewered with arrows and decapitated translates into a box of chocolates escapes me.

The whale tail foil looks very cool, but it will be tricky to tune that design. Too many things going on in a hydro environment. I think you're right about the bumps, though they might detach flow well. But sometimes you just have to go with some confusing cosmetics. Adrian Newy once confessed that some of his more outlandish aerodynamic elements in F1 design were just to confuse the enemy.

I like how the bottom of your board mirrors the foil angle at neutral AOA.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 01:32:02 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal