Author Topic: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]  (Read 344459 times)

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]
« Reply #990 on: March 17, 2017, 01:59:02 PM »
I believe that El Presidente just said he is sticking to his British story. BUT see he is just telling the entire multiverse what Fox News Reported.

Beef wid me? No Brah, beef wid Fox!

I didn't make this up. You cannot be serious..

No shaking hands with Germany either. Guess the pummeling with Japan tired him out.
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: March 17, 2017, 04:41:57 PM »
..I would have so much buyers remorse if I voted for him.

That's very disingenuous, since it would necessarily imply that at some point you might actually have considered voting for him.

Bullshit. Not at all the case. Just an acknowledgement that Trump is a lying SoB who is screwing over the very people who elected him.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 17, 2017, 04:52:27 PM »
Actually. he's doing pretty much what he said he would do, and that's big problem.  I don't think many of the people who voted for him considered all the unintended (and intended) consequences of what he promised.  Slashing the budgets of departments appeals to small government fans, stopping illegal immigration sound good to people who sweat that. Killing Obamacare sounds great to people whose insurance premiums have more than doubled while their quality of care and access to a doctor has plummeted.

Unfortunately without expert governance. any and all of those things will have huge consequences. So far I'm unimpressed with his ability to govern.

I expect a bloodbath at the midterms. That won't be good either. The idiot dems will consider it a mandate to go further left.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 17, 2017, 05:39:48 PM »

Unfortunately without expert governance. any and all of those things will have huge consequences.
You may have swerved into something that has no easy answer, "expert governance", where would that come from, our current crop of politicians?
Better yet, does our system even allow for "expert governance"?

Mostly rhetorical questions, no real need to answer.
It takes a quiver to do that.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 17, 2017, 06:53:04 PM »
Sad, but true. I know some successful businesspeople who decided they would get into politics--all the least qualified egomaniacs. People who don't understand that a significant part of their success had nothing to do with their genius. And now they want to take their minimal skills and lead in a bigger stadium. Trump is the upper, upper edge of that group.

We don't really have a system that educates politicians. The closest we come to that is teaching people to be bureaucrats. It's not the same thing. It's always been so. The Euros think they do a better job of that, the results don't show it.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: March 17, 2017, 07:59:27 PM »

That's very disingenuous, since it would necessarily imply that at some point you might actually have considered voting for him.

Bullshit. Not at all the case. Just an acknowledgement that Trump is a lying SoB who is screwing over the very people who elected him.
It feels like you're trying to connect with Trump voters on a shallow pretext.  No one is going to buy into that. 

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: March 17, 2017, 10:37:38 PM »

It feels like you're trying to connect with Trump voters on a shallow pretext.  No one is going to buy into that.

That makes no sense. How is it shallow if what I'm saging right? If you continue to support trump you're either retarded, rich (with no empathy) or just not paying attention. Most people will get totally fucked by this government. Just the fact that he denies climate science AND wants to shut down the EPA should have you so disgusted that you are embarrassed to ever consider voting for him.

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 18, 2017, 01:05:27 AM »
The Euros think they do a better job of that, the results don't show it.
Really? What is your evidence that we think we "do a better job of that", or is this just a thought in your head rather than ours?

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: March 18, 2017, 04:22:58 AM »

If you continue to support trump you're either retarded, rich (with no empathy) or just not paying attention.
So, how are you doing otherwise?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 04:58:47 AM by Bean »

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: March 18, 2017, 07:38:30 AM »
Really? What is your evidence that we think we "do a better job of that", or is this just a thought in your head rather than ours?

residual thought from an article I read in Foreign Policy magazine.

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: March 18, 2017, 09:02:25 AM »

That makes no sense. How is it shallow if what I'm saging right? If you continue to support trump you're either retarded, rich (with no empathy) or just not paying attention. Most people will get totally fucked by this government. Just the fact that he denies climate science AND wants to shut down the EPA should have you so disgusted that you are embarrassed to ever consider voting for him.
Yikes, okay I'm pretty sure that most people have been "paying attention", especially here, so that just leaves "retarded" or "rich (with no empathy)".
The left often proves themselves as being labelers of those who stand to the right of what they feel is the only way to think.
Well you sure have proven that, we here to the right of you have now all been labeled, thank you, it makes me/us feel so much better.
But in reality, you make it very easy for me to consider your post as being nothing more than run-away emotionalism, masquerading as intelligence.
It takes a quiver to do that.

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: March 18, 2017, 03:42:29 PM »

Yikes, okay I'm pretty sure that most people have been "paying attention", especially here, so that just leaves "retarded" or "rich (with no empathy)".
The left often proves themselves as being labelers of those who stand to the right of what they feel is the only way to think.
Well you sure have proven that, we here to the right of you have now all been labeled, thank you, it makes me/us feel so much better.
But in reality, you make it very easy for me to consider your post as being nothing more than run-away emotionalism, masquerading as intelligence.

Wait..so you prove that the "left" are labellers by....labelling them? Impressive mental gymnastics.

Look, I just dont get how anyone could support Trump. If you have some insight, please educate me. I agree partially with Pono...some of the things Trump promised he is doing, but the really important parts aren't part of that..

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: March 18, 2017, 05:22:48 PM »

residual thought from an article I read in Foreign Policy magazine.
Oh well, it must be true then.

I'm sure I don't need to point out to a marketing guy like you that articles are written usually to take a position, often as a provocation. They don't represent scientific surveys of opinion, which is what you'd require to be making the kind of sweeping statement you did. Since we don't have such surveys, the best we can do as an individual is to try to listen to as many people as we can before forming our opinions. So there you have it: read less, listen more, try not to stereotype.

And on that note, and in reference to your comments about Islam, I'd strongly suggest that if you are *really* interested in knowing about Muslim beliefs and practices, you put down your historical books and go and meet with an Imam at your nearest Mosque. Put to him the views of Islam that you have got from your books, and ask him if they are correct. Then please report back to us about what you heard. I think you'll find it enriching life experience, and it might help you feel less afraid of Muslims. You'll probably learn far more in a short space of time than you could reading any number of your dusty tomes. You might even have fun.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: March 18, 2017, 06:01:56 PM »
Didn't claim it to be true. It's an opinion.

I suspect if I based my opinions on personal experience, and they conflicted in any way with yours, you'd tell me to go read a book.

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: March 18, 2017, 06:34:32 PM »
Didn't claim it to be true. It's an opinion.

I suspect if I based my opinions on personal experience, and they conflicted in any way with yours, you'd tell me to go read a book.
Just go talk to an Imam. What have you got to lose?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal