Author Topic: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]  (Read 346042 times)

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]
« Reply #915 on: March 11, 2017, 01:45:57 PM »
Boris and Natasha, NSA, nope!

Beans cartoon was the catalyst, but I really liked BK's post.

Watch out or BiggieRat will get ya!
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

supthecreek

« Reply #916 on: March 11, 2017, 02:28:10 PM »
The left has based it's entire assault against Trump, on the Russians stealing the election from them.
Imagine the damage if a real investigation proved the Russians had zero effect on the election.

If you are saying that Russian interference maybe wasn’t the reason the Democrats lost the election, then I could see that. But if you’re saying Russian interference actually didn’t happen in the election, then I guess you’re saying you don’t believe even one of your security agencies?

You would have to re read my statement to answer that  :)

SUP Sports ®

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Stoked For Life ®
    • View Profile
    • SUP Sports ®
    • Email
« Reply #917 on: March 11, 2017, 05:53:50 PM »
Regardless of where you stand on the two dimensional political spectrum...it's very bizarre (IMO) that we have the first president since McKinley,end of the 19th century, to not have a family dog in the White House...makes one wonder if the reason for this anomaly is one of another Donald's (Rumsfeld) known knowns...or, an unknown unknown...;-)

For the sake of humanity, or his family at a minimum...I hope this guy gets some puppy love soon...;-)

Money can buy you a fine dog, but only love can make him wag his tail.

Kinky Friedman

Mahalos...{:~)

WARDOG ®
Owner/CEO  StandUp Paddle Sports®  &   SurfingSports®.com, Inc.

(805)962-SUPS (7877) store
(888)805-9978 toll free

Retail Store:
Standup Paddle Sports, LLC
121 Santa Barbara St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: March 13, 2017, 08:24:47 AM »
coz he can't "fire' a puppy?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 08:54:07 AM by yugi »

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #919 on: March 13, 2017, 08:55:28 AM »
I think the only good thing to come out of this thread (for me anyway) is that Kinky Friedman quote. I'm going to have to remember that one. I've always felt that a persons dog is a window into their soul....I wouldn't be surprised to find out that if Trump had a dog that it didn't like him.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: March 13, 2017, 09:01:17 AM »
<insert [12 million] Family Guy excerpts>

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: March 13, 2017, 09:10:23 AM »
DT is looking for a dog, but he can't seem to find the right one.  It has to be huge, but with smallish paws...

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #922 on: March 13, 2017, 11:01:22 AM »
We've all heard about the Russian hack of the embarrassing (for Clinton) to Wikileaks but without the why and in exchange for what, it was hard for me to see the relevance of it.  I failed to see that relevance until I heard about the change to the GOP platform ’softening’ (in Trump’s own words) concerning our position on supplying military aid to the Ukraine.  I felt that was alarming. Trump admits with his own words that the hack and platform change have happened.   

So in the Art of the Deal dept. The allegation is this: whether there was quid pro quo with god damn Putin.  It’s also been clear is that Putin has been supporting populist governments in Europe and definitely has designs on at least annexing back the areas of the former Soviet Union that are now independent sovereign nations, like the Ukraine.  Love or hate HC, her stance towards Russia was tough and even the previous GOP platform was tough on them.  The GOP has always been strongly opposed to Russian intervention in any sovereign nation… till now.

The allegation reasoned that the use of wikileaks was for the plausible deniability when the operation had been conducted with full knowledge of the Trump and senior members of his campaign.

Trump has denied involvement.  In one interview he said, "I wasn’t involved", five times just to make sure we got it.  All his campaign staff have denied being a part of the platform change, despite the fact that at least three of his campaign team met with Russians and then lied about it.  Sessions lied about it at his confirmation hearing for AG.  Who changed the platform? 

But even though it looks like a duck, so far we don't have any direct evidence linking one to another in a quid pro quo. If that were to be proven, then a Watergate level crime or perhaps what some may claim as something much worse will be on the table. Many anti-Trump advocates might see this as great way to get rid of him but I think it will be as damaging for the country as the Vietnam War. Nobody wins with this. But beyond our own politics, one thing for sure is that we don't want to let the Russians feel like they can have their way with us. Contrary to what Trump says, the enemy isn't the press. One of our enemies are the Russians or rather Putin himself. 

Chilly

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #923 on: March 13, 2017, 12:25:01 PM »
Great post Headmount! It seems like McCain is the only one in the GOP with balls.
NSP 2016 12'6 Surf Race Pro

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: March 13, 2017, 12:42:50 PM »
Mr. Putin is not a nice guy. I recently read "Red Notice". Interesting book. Nothing definitive on Russia, but a lot of insight into the politics and "legal" system in place.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #925 on: March 13, 2017, 12:45:01 PM »
Mr. Putin is not a nice guy. I recently read "Red Notice". Interesting book. Nothing definitive on Russia, but a lot of insight into the politics and "legal" system in place.

That's why I referred to him as god damn.

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: March 13, 2017, 01:54:23 PM »
I think the only good thing to come out of this thread (for me anyway) is that Kinky Friedman quote. I'm going to have to remember that one. I've always felt that a persons dog is a window into their soul....I wouldn't be surprised to find out that if Trump had a dog that it didn't like him.
I knew an architect who said she was meeting a new potential client.  I told her the guy had a horrible reputation for screwing everyone he did business with, and that he was the type of guy who'd kick his own dog.  She ignored me, then said when she met with him, his dog came out and he actually did kick his own dog.  Then she did some work that ended in a lawsuit.

Here's George W. Bush talking about his dog and Putin's: 

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 13, 2017, 02:36:22 PM »

That's why I referred to him as god damn.

If you didn't see 60 Minutes last night, you should look it up on the internet. Scary stuff.

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 13, 2017, 04:00:05 PM »
I knew an architect who said she was meeting a new potential client.  I told her the guy had a horrible reputation for screwing everyone he did business with, and that he was the type of guy who'd kick his own dog.  She ignored me, then said when she met with him, his dog came out and he actually did kick his own dog.  Then she did some work that ended in a lawsuit.

See this is such a perfect metaphor for what I think Trump is and how he will screw over the US. Everything we have seen of this guy through history suggests that he is legendarily unfit to be commander in chief.
Everything he has continued to do as presidents suggest that he will not change (he is incapable of it).
This has nothing to do with party line, and especially since the only Party Trump knows and adheres to is the Trump party.

He will kick the dog if he feels like it.

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 13, 2017, 04:04:31 PM »
If you didn't see 60 Minutes last night, you should look it up on the internet. Scary stuff.

Thanks Tom. Just watched it. Very scary indeed.
Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

* Recent Posts

post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Dusk Patrol
April 19, 2024, 12:51:49 PM
post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Night Wing
April 19, 2024, 06:29:07 AM
post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
April 18, 2024, 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard