Author Topic: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]  (Read 345833 times)

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]
« Reply #780 on: March 05, 2017, 09:40:27 AM »
This one is really bad Bob. Really hard to forgive the support for this nightmare.
Well that didn't last long.
How about this, a great lesson for at least some of us here.
It takes a quiver to do that.

addapost

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: March 05, 2017, 10:33:05 AM »
That was funny! Thanks for that. Here's another similar...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bunch of old shit

freetobeme

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: March 05, 2017, 11:05:45 AM »
Too much therapy happening here to quit now Bob. 

But ya, name calling is def not necessary or productive. 

Someday after a dramatic shift in how the republic of America controlls the masses the ideal of Centrism will be common place. Till then we gots a shit show.
"Everything you want is on the other side of fear" - George Addair

CoreVac Cannibal BOMB 8'8

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: March 05, 2017, 11:32:03 AM »
It was a lot easier to be centrist when "Commie" was a bad word. Under Eisenhower and Kennedy the Dems were center to slightly right and the republicans were conservative but more "progressive", in this case, progressive meaning less racist, more likely to favor equality for women, and generally true to conservative principles--opposed to religious influence on politics and interested in a minimal government. The two parties were bunched into the middle by a recognizable foe--the march of communist influence in the world and the existential threat of nuclear war.

Now the left wing of the democrats are a caricature of liberalism with the middle strongly corporate/union-influenced and the right wing of the republicans are some strange mix of religious nutballs, nationalism, and self-interest.

I think 60 percent of the population don't fit in either party and are wandering around wondering who represents them.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 05, 2017, 11:40:51 AM »

Stick your angry white label up your area.... 10.

Quote from AAA report
https://www.aaafoundation.org/sites/default/files/2011Unlicensed2Kill.pdf

"Nearly half of all fatal crash involved drivers who lacked a valid license"

NOT soccer moms A-10.... and hummmm, why are they unlicensed?

The politically correct weenies will not allow studies to include immigration status. I wonder why?

Yeah... I can't quote solid "proof"... because the statistics are forbidden by the PC crowd.... but read enough studies and a pattern becomes reasonably provable.

http://www.fairus.org/issue/unlicensed-to-kill
https://www.aaafoundation.org/unlicensed-kill
http://www.naic.org/cipr_topics/topic_uninsured_motorists.htm

But yeah.... I'm probably making it up. Soccer Mom's are the real danger. I bow to your superior insight Area 10.... open the doors and let em' in.
Exactly why I don't like to partake in this bullshitshow

Yeah you are making it up. I mean I am not saying you intentionally mislead, but the articles you cite actually write something else.
12% are unlicenced...and a total of 18% are unlicensed or wrongly licenced. You quote cut off before the end of the sentence...it is supposed to read:"Nearly half of all fatal crash involved drivers who lacked a valid license were influenced by alcohol". But the articles you cited were pretty upfront about the numbers.

So yeah you kind of are making it up. Also, there is nothing PC about research, if the data is there you can study it, but I am willing to bet that your assumption on immigrant involvement in accidents is not statistically significant.

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 05, 2017, 11:43:35 AM »
I think 60 percent of the population don't fit in either party and are wandering around wondering who represents them.
There are certain advantages with a two party system, but it doesn't work when the parties are completely divided, and power itself is more important that their duty to citizens. I think having a different electoral system with more parties could be good.

SUP Sports ®

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Stoked For Life ®
    • View Profile
    • SUP Sports ®
    • Email
« Reply #786 on: March 05, 2017, 11:56:03 AM »

The fictional candidate “Did Not Vote” won by a landslide in this presidential election cycle...

As a percentage of eligible voters, Clinton received 28.43% (65,845,063) of all votes compared to Trump’s 27.20% (62,980,160) and Did Not Vote’s 44.37% (102,731,399).
Neither Candidate even won a majority of votes cast, Clinton got 48.0% vs Trump’s 45.9%.

As a percentage of the entire US population (including those too young or other ineligible to vote) Clinton got votes from 20.30% of the population and Trump got votes from 19.41% of people.

http://brilliantmaps.com/did-not-vote/
Mahalos...{:~)

WARDOG ®
Owner/CEO  StandUp Paddle Sports®  &   SurfingSports®.com, Inc.

(805)962-SUPS (7877) store
(888)805-9978 toll free

Retail Store:
Standup Paddle Sports, LLC
121 Santa Barbara St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: March 05, 2017, 12:58:13 PM »
Wardog, that's quite a find--thanks.  Makes me wonder what it is about those few states that didn't go to the DNVs.  They're not obviously similar in any way I can see.  Similarly, what do the DNV states have in common with themselves, that keeps their turnout low? 

Maybe there are multiple reasons states ended up in one group or another, so for instance, Colorado voters turn out for entirely different reasons than Maine voters?  Maybe there's not a lot to do in Wisconsin or Iowa than vote?  Maybe only one state in the western half of the U.S. didn't go into the DNV category because people were hearing returns and thought the election was already decided?

Shame on Oregon.  We have mail-in ballots.  You can vote from home.

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: March 05, 2017, 01:13:08 PM »
What I find interesting is that the DNVs can't find the energy to fill out a mail-in ballot, or go to the polls and vote, but they can find the energy to make signs, put on their masks, go outside and protest.
Is it because one pays and the other one doesn't (voting), or, is it because one isn't a party (voting), and the other one is?
Me thinks a combination of both.  Totally stupid either way.

It's getting windy, so I have better things to do.
It takes a quiver to do that.

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: March 05, 2017, 01:52:31 PM »
I'm totally with you Weasel.

Re the wind that is.

addapost

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: March 05, 2017, 02:35:29 PM »
I served on my town's School Committee for three years and it was mind-boggling to me that people wouldn't even go vote on election day to support the schools their kids went to. Stayed home in gigantic numbers- well over 50%.
Bunch of old shit

freetobeme

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 05, 2017, 03:17:36 PM »

Just listened to this Sam Harris podcast with David Frum, a Republican journalist who seems to have a reasonable take on all that is Trump. I don't necessarily agree with his politics but he makes good sense of the situation.

Interview on Sam Harris podcast:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/waking-up-with-sam-harris/id733163012?mt=2&i=381454624

Frum's recent article from The Atlantic which I have not read yet:

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/513872/

"Everything you want is on the other side of fear" - George Addair

CoreVac Cannibal BOMB 8'8

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: March 05, 2017, 03:19:46 PM »
I served on my town's School Committee for three years and it was mind-boggling to me that people wouldn't even go vote on election day to support the schools their kids went to. Stayed home in gigantic numbers- well over 50%.
Yes, the total number of potential voters is vast, so the half that stays home is half-vast.

supthecreek

« Reply #793 on: March 05, 2017, 03:30:30 PM »

Stick your angry white label up your area.... 10.

Quote from AAA report

"Nearly half of all fatal crash involved drivers who lacked a valid license"

NOT soccer moms A-10.... and hummmm, why are they unlicensed?

The politically correct weenies will not allow studies to include immigration status. I wonder why?

Yeah... I can't quote solid "proof"... because the statistics are forbidden by the PC crowd.... but read enough studies and a pattern becomes reasonably provable.

http://www.fairus.org/issue/unlicensed-to-kill
https://www.aaafoundation.org/unlicensed-kill
http://www.naic.org/cipr_topics/topic_uninsured_motorists.htm

But yeah.... I'm probably making it up. Soccer Mom's are the real danger. I bow to your superior insight Area 10.... open the doors and let em' in.
Exactly why I don't like to partake in this bullshitshow

Yeah you are making it up. I mean I am not saying you intentionally mislead, but the articles you cite actually write something else.
12% are unlicenced...and a total of 18% are unlicensed or wrongly licenced. You quote cut off before the end of the sentence...it is supposed to read:"Nearly half of all fatal crash involved drivers who lacked a valid license were influenced by alcohol". But the articles you cited were pretty upfront about the numbers.

So yeah you kind of are making it up. Also, there is nothing PC about research, if the data is there you can study it, but I am willing to bet that your assumption on immigrant involvement in accidents is not statistically significant.

Boy you guys are good!
Yup I made it all up. You are right.

"UNDOCUMENTED DAD TAKEN BY ICE WHILE DROPPING KIDS OFF AT SCHOOL"
that story is 100% correct
He was innocent... and a Dad... another hapless victim of Trumps out of control deportation policies.
He never got an OUI
He never disobeyed a previous Obama deportation order
He never had multiple prior criminal convictions... he was a Dad.

You are so right... and....I lied about how I conduct my life. I am drunk all the time.
I lied about the research.... drunk driving deaths caused by illegals are not important. I have no right to discus them.

Carry on.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 05, 2017, 03:52:00 PM »
Bellow all you like Creek, but why did you twist the quote to make a point that is completely false?
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

* Recent Posts

post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
Today at 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 16, 2024, 12:40:25 AM
post SIC Raptor Foil and Board For Sale
[Classifieds]
addapost
April 15, 2024, 04:25:26 PM
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 15, 2024, 02:40:38 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal