Author Topic: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]  (Read 346358 times)

supthecreek

Re: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]
« Reply #750 on: March 04, 2017, 08:30:50 AM »
STC - 10% of all US road fatalities caused by illegal immigrants? If records aren't kept, as you claim, then how is this figure known?

And anyway, if 90% of road fatalities do NOT involve "illegal immigrants" then you'll probably find that twice as many are killed by soccer moms. Is deporting soccer moms going to help the situation?

It sounds to me like these numbers are just being plucked from the air, and you are probably being every bit as manipulated as those you criticise. It's the easiest vote in the world to win right now: angry old white guys.

Stick your angry white label up your area.... 10.

Quote from AAA report
https://www.aaafoundation.org/sites/default/files/2011Unlicensed2Kill.pdf

"Nearly half of all fatal crash involved drivers who lacked a valid license"

NOT soccer moms A-10.... and hummmm, why are they unlicensed?

The politically correct weenies will not allow studies to include immigration status. I wonder why?

BUT... as I stated above... the Dad of a victim got pissed and slogged through reports designed to "smoke screen" the problem.
His findings were considered valid enough to be presented to legislators.
http://unlicensedtokill.org/the-story/

Yeah... I can't quote solid "proof"... because the statistics are forbidden by the PC crowd.... but read enough studies and a pattern becomes reasonably provable.

http://www.fairus.org/issue/unlicensed-to-kill
https://www.aaafoundation.org/unlicensed-kill
https://www.aaafoundation.org/sites/default/files/2011Unlicensed2Kill.pdf
http://www.naic.org/cipr_topics/topic_uninsured_motorists.htm

here's a site you can poo poo to your PC hearts content
a very sad memorial to victims of illegal immigrants... stories of the dead and their killers
http://www.ojjpac.org/memorial.asp

But yeah.... I'm probably making it up. Soccer Mom's are the real danger. I bow to your superior insight Area 10.... open the doors and let em' in.
Exactly why I don't like to partake in this bullshitshow

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 04, 2017, 09:20:17 AM »
Ah, And there we see it: Angry old white man in all his glory.

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 04, 2017, 09:21:01 AM »
Thank you creek.  ;)

Unfortunately, I expect the press to continue to cherry pick for the next 4 years at least, they are obviously apoplectic over their loss to an outsider, that was not supposed to happen.

Anybody see the New York Time's ad on the TV proclaiming their integrity?  Anybody ever remember any big newspaper having to run an add like that?  Obviously feeling the heat, as they should.

I'm just waiting to the next big story to hit the press, everyone is whispering about it, so it should be coming out fairly soon.
Ivanka Trump is having an illicit affair with Kim Jong-un behind her husband's back!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 09:42:51 AM by Weasels wake »
It takes a quiver to do that.

maxsonic

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #753 on: March 04, 2017, 10:22:45 AM »

What is wrong with being an angry old white man?

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 04, 2017, 10:23:09 AM »
Yeah, the Times is everywhere with that proclamation, which simply means they know people understand they have a serious integrity problem and are trying to bullshit their way through it.  Advertising your way past an integrity problem--the irony is overwhelming. Next the Washington Post will do journalistic integrity infomercials.  I need some PDX assistance here.

Anyone who says they don't lie, does.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 04, 2017, 10:24:03 AM »

Ah, and there we see it--high quality deflection.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 04, 2017, 10:36:33 AM »
I'm having a tough time reading the Russian Contact stories. Trumpet headlines and then five columns of nothing. WTF???

The latest one that really tossed me was lying to Al Franken. That's amazing. Every time I use the term Lying Liars I'm plagiarizing from Al. I read the entire article and felt like I was reading some circular e e cummings poem. How are these folks maintaining their outrage when they don't seem to have anything of substance to report? It's getting hard to separate the wheat from the chaff, and there's plenty of both. I think they're all secretly working for Trump, and they're just going to wear us down until no one cares.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 10:39:43 AM by PonoBill »

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 04, 2017, 11:03:47 AM »

Not at all. I just couldn't be bothered to argue. But since you asked, here it is:

STC accused Tom of being motivated by a "sob story", and then promptly motivated his own rant with a sob story of his own.

He followed this up by accusing "politically correct weenies" of being manipulated by the media, but in support of his position quoted statistics which by his own admission are just a guess, and have been compiled by people who are extremely likely to be presenting a biased view.

Then, the arguments are presented with added aggression and insults, aimed at bullying critics into silence.

In the U.K. we have a phrase for this kind of person: a Daily Mail Reader. The Daily Mail is a National Newspaper that prints endless stories aimed at outraging the socially conservative xenophobic older person whose principal motivation in life is hate and fear. The paper gets them all riled up and passing on their stories all over social media in a Chinese whispers way. Often these stories turn out to be blatantly untrue, or based on half-truths, but the damage is already done, and they resonate through the years, often reappearing in different forms. "Political correctness gone mad" is a key phrase used by the Daily Mail Reader.

Lately, the Daily Mail has been doing very well. Trump is a godsend to them. So
Is Nigel Farage in our own country. They all just love to whip up the Angry Old White Man into a frenzy of paranoia and hate, and take money off them on the pretext that they will remove some perceived threat that probably doesn't even exist - or if it does, is much less of a threat than others which might require more critical self-reflection to address.

We are all being manipulated. But only some of us let it get to us so badly that we use agressive language towards people who we might otherwise call friends, or e.g. claim that we are better fathers than another person who we don't even know, and about which we may only know half the story.

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 04, 2017, 12:18:14 PM »

Not at all. I just couldn't be bothered to argue. But since you asked, here it is:

STC accused Tom of being motivated by a "sob story", and then promptly motivated his own rant with a sob story of his own.

He followed this up by accusing "politically correct weenies" of being manipulated by the media, but in support of his position quoted statistics which by his own admission are just a guess, and have been compiled by people who are extremely likely to be presenting a biased view.

Then, the arguments are presented with added aggression and insults, aimed at bullying critics into silence.

In the U.K. we have a phrase for this kind of person: a Daily Mail Reader. The Daily Mail is a National Newspaper that prints endless stories aimed at outraging the socially conservative xenophobic older person whose principal motivation in life is hate and fear. The paper gets them all riled up and passing on their stories all over social media in a Chinese whispers way. Often these stories turn out to be blatantly untrue, or based on half-truths, but the damage is already done, and they resonate through the years, often reappearing in different forms. "Political correctness gone mad" is a key phrase used by the Daily Mail Reader.

Lately, the Daily Mail has been doing very well. Trump is a godsend to them. So
Is Nigel Farage in our own country. They all just love to whip up the Angry Old White Man into a frenzy of paranoia and hate, and take money off them on the pretext that they will remove some perceived threat that probably doesn't even exist - or if it does, is much less of a threat than others which might require more critical self-reflection to address.

We are all being manipulated. But only some of us let it get to us so badly that we use agressive language towards people who we might otherwise call friends, or e.g. claim that we are better fathers than another person who we don't even know, and about which we may only know half the story.

Ah. Well, okay then.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 04, 2017, 12:27:32 PM »
It's the economy..

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/mar/04/crash-1929-wall-street-what-the-great-depression-reveals-about-our-future

Comments are priceless.

Reasonably intelligent comments. I guess writing a somewhat complex historical/opinion article weeds out most of the morons.

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 04, 2017, 12:38:09 PM »
RE Toms tear jerker "story"
Ok…. cuz you are so horrified by this bit of raw meat, bullshit story... I am compelled to jump in.

As always, the oh so empathetic left, focus ONLY on the plight of the poor family of the “undocumented DAD”...

...Your blind, manipulated empathy toward stories like this, is disturbing.
I'm not sure who your "you" and "your" are referring to.  The only comment after Tom posted it was from me, and it was the opposite of empathetic. 

I agree some of "the left" may be blindly empathetic, easily manipulated, easily horrified, etc. but I don't see that describing anyone here.

SUP Sports ®

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Stoked For Life ®
    • View Profile
    • SUP Sports ®
    • Email
« Reply #762 on: March 04, 2017, 01:07:56 PM »
Alrighty then...since we are playing cowboys and indians...here's an attempt to lighten things up...;-)
I'll raise your Clint Eastwood with Iron Eyes Cody...;-)

L@@K...fook all of the partisan polarizing and politically biased diatribes about this and that...that & this...& everything in-between...all of these multi-faceted rationalizations, that every one seems to be using to fortify their pillars of cognition and schemas...in an attempt to appease the drunk monkey inside their skull trying to reach an understanding of whatever it is that is firing in front of their eyeballs from the dirty projector of dirty media manipulations...etc...etc...but, can't we all watersport humans, agree that it's a bad thing to sh*t or piss in your own drinking water and fook up the air that we breathe?!?!

This is a whole earth, human global participant, forest beyond the trees type of question...

Regardless, I believe that there should be a special place in hell for people that intentionally help to destroy the environment that we recreate in...especially, for those that are motivated by profit and exploitation(s)...much harder to solve that problem than those who pollute simply due to ignorance...

Now back to your regularly scheduled, regularly biased, media outlet programs of fooking fake news...;-)

Who remembers Iron Eyes Cody?

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2016/02/iron-eyes-cody-native-american-actor-wasnt/

As long as the tear is real, does it really matter if he was a Sicilian Cherokee?...;-)

If a tree falls in the forest, did anyone hear the one hand clapping?...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 01:41:34 PM by SUPsports »
Mahalos...{:~)

WARDOG ®
Owner/CEO  StandUp Paddle Sports®  &   SurfingSports®.com, Inc.

(805)962-SUPS (7877) store
(888)805-9978 toll free

Retail Store:
Standup Paddle Sports, LLC
121 Santa Barbara St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

supthecreek

« Reply #763 on: March 04, 2017, 01:40:57 PM »
funny (not really)... a story is posted.
It promotes a classic liberal "victim"
The poor innocent Daddy, being dragged away from his terrified children, by Trump's jack-booted thugs. (yawn)

I stated that, if illegal immigrant parents don't want to be arrested, they need to live within the law, like everyone else.
There is no "get out of jail free" card for criminal parents.

In my way to illustrate EVERY parents responsibility, I pointed out some very deliberate decisions that I made after my children were born.
Since I don't live a criminal life, I chose to share decisions about drinking and driving, since a few extra beers can have a drastic negative effects on family life.
Apparently that was unwelcome.
Some of you have chosen to defame my statements. Fine, I can't control that... just my own actions.

The facts I linked to, are more facts than were included in the story. Certainly not definitive, never were claimed as such.... just a window into an alternative look at a very one sided story.
But feel free to unleash the attack machine of "deflect and accuse". Do not, under any circumstance, consider the alternative view.

PDX
The "you" and "your" are simply referring to liberals in general, many of whom believe this type of one eyed reporting.... no one in particular, apologies  if that wasn't clear.

Well, it's been fun prodding the beast.

Carry on.... I gotta go get shit-faced, drive drunk and complain about it when I get busted.
I am sure the networks will carry my plight of the drunk, angry white man, live at 11. Riots of support are sure to follow.  ;D

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #764 on: March 04, 2017, 01:57:09 PM »
As an old white guy, I really do get a kick out of watching other old white guys getting angry at being called old angry white guys. I take with a grain of salt being called libtard, libturd, liberal trash, commie traitor, snowflake, cupcake, etc. Lol.  I remember a young Marine vet coming up to my face and telling me to have a stroke when he overheard my wife and I talking about voting for Clinton and decided to walk over to our table lol.  Likewise I laugh at seeing my fellow liberals get butthurt at these kinds of names or getting angry when they get mocked for saying terms like "check your white make privilege at the door" or "first world problems".  I as a lefty am the first to admit we are just as guilty as conservatives for being overzealous and oversimplifying things as being black and white.  Both sides are full of crap in some way or another and both sides know this (but will never admit it).  And believe it or not, liberals who think like me are not that unusual.   Just like I don't think all or most conservatives are white racist nut jobs. 
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 02:09:16 PM by surf4food »

* Recent Posts

post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
PonoBill
April 23, 2024, 07:55:28 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 07:26:43 PM
spindrift
April 23, 2024, 07:16:46 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 06:56:28 PM
post Need a new Impact Vest
spindrift
April 23, 2024, 06:36:51 PM
post Re: Ocean Rodeo Glide-Allula
kiteboarder
April 23, 2024, 06:06:50 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 04:22:52 PM
kiteboarder
April 23, 2024, 03:07:49 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 02:59:32 PM
Dwight (DW)
April 23, 2024, 02:41:07 PM
post Re: Erik Antonson interview with Stacy Peralta
[Random]
surfinJ
April 23, 2024, 01:34:42 PM
post Fanatic 8.3 Allwave
[Classifieds]
firesurf
April 23, 2024, 01:28:40 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 01:24:35 PM
post Re: At what age did you, or do you plan to retire?
[Random]
surfinJ
April 23, 2024, 01:24:13 PM
post Re: Jimmy Lewis Super Frank
[Classifieds]
firesurf
April 23, 2024, 01:17:06 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal