Author Topic: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]  (Read 344476 times)

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]
« Reply #690 on: February 27, 2017, 07:26:21 PM »
They all wanted Hillary from day one, ignored her problems and propped her up on a pedestal.     During the primary they (media and DNC)wanted Trump on top as he seemed an easy opponent.    Oops, that didn't work !
Weird...if they "wanted" a candidate they would not have written anything bad about her, yet the final two weeks were all about a problem of non-existent emails.
If you look at what media matters writes about it: https://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/04/15/media-analysis-shows-hillary-clinton-has-received-most-negative-stories-least-positive-stories-all/209945
She actually got the most negative press of all.

Watching the shit show from my Libertarian perch. 

Is that the perch held up by oxymorons? ;-) heh.

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: February 27, 2017, 10:14:36 PM »

"Nobody knew healthcare could be so complex" - Trump
Unless, of course, you actually had any kind of competency about it.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/27/politics/trump-health-care-complicated/index.html

He also promises the health care insurance companies are going to: "I think we’ll get you on, and I think you’re going to like what you hear.". I hope is willing to push hard, but I am not sure I trust that insurance companies will like the same thing as their customers and the overall country. We'll see. 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/02/27/remarks-president-trump-listening-session-health-insurance-company-ceos

jpeter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: February 28, 2017, 05:08:49 AM »
Taut,  If you think Hillary got negative press coverage during the election,  then there's not much I can say.   My main point is that if The media was doing their job from day one,  reporting and investigating,  we would not have been in a lesser of two evils situation.   

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #693 on: February 28, 2017, 05:15:45 AM »
Did you seriously just use media matters as a source......no bias there.. ::)
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: February 28, 2017, 06:59:56 AM »

There are very few that fully understand the complexities of both the clinical and economic aspects of healthcare under the ACA.

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: February 28, 2017, 09:22:46 AM »

There are very few that fully understand the complexities of both the clinical and economic aspects of healthcare under the ACA.

Maybe he'll soon learn that environmental protection, immigration, job stimulation, equal rights, national security, etc, are also a bit more complex.

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: February 28, 2017, 10:28:52 AM »
Shock, horror! Kellyanne Conway has her shoes on the Oval Office sofa!

Geez, whatever next?

Maybe she'll hire some French police marksmen to do the security at Trump's next appearance :)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/kellyanne-conway-feet-up-oval-office-sofa-donald-trump-white-house-strong-reaction-twitter-a7603206.html

"Kellyanne Conway: "Stop mocking me. I actually lost my legs in the Bowling Green Massacre"" Hilarious!

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #697 on: February 28, 2017, 12:07:43 PM »
Ummm...let's remember that the ACA had to be passed so we could see what was in it. You guys were OK with that I assume.... ::)

I'd imagine there are a few stains still left on that couch from Clinton so having her feet up on it probably doesn't matter. Classless move but the ridiculous liberal outcry is so typical.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 12:22:06 PM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

SUP Leave

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: February 28, 2017, 12:30:55 PM »
The Shitshow live is coming tonight. Going to be very exciting, I fully expect it to be an absolute horror show for the media. I'm sure Trump will tell us how it is a record-setting crowd for a state of the union at least 2x.

I looked at Trumps spending plan - and it is pretty much what I expected: Not a disaster, not fiscally conservative and not very impactful (is that a word)?

Things that will get the left P.O.'d
- 14% budget cut to IRS
- 20% budget cut to EPA
- Increase defense spending by $54b

Things that are not conservative:
-Trillions in infrastructure (this was Bernie's idea)
-Won't touch entitlements (will any politician ever have the balls to?)

They are going to roll out a weak repeal of Obamacare too. It is all but guaranteed. It will be O'care light IMO. I just don't see the Rs having enough guts to make a real replacement, one that goes back to the free market. Bad political press is too important for them, and the D's are just daring them to do it so that they can trash them with all of the horror stories. What I have seen is basically O'care without the mandate to buy, but with more subsidies from the Gov't.

Another bad - The cuts above don't even come close to helping with the debt, plus the new debt from the infrastructure package. Infrastructure should be a local/state program, not national. The only way to ever touch the debt is the entitlements, and we may never see a politician in our lives touch them until the country is broke.

I urge all of you to read between the lines on this speech. It is going to be a full on load of baloney, and what we are getting is not what many voters on the Right were hoping for. Trump is hanging on to his base with the noise he makes (they love it), but unless he starts to actually do conservative things that is going to wear out pretty quickly. The biggest budget item is the infrastructure deal and that is something we would have gotten with Clinton or Bernie -except Trumps deal is bigger than Clintons!

Make paddleboarding great again!

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: February 28, 2017, 01:36:04 PM »
Geez, you mean ALL this stuff is complex, complicated, convoluted, and the laws of unintended consequences will act like a wolf and throw snow in your eyes ( a Sufi  Mystic quote..)!
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: February 28, 2017, 02:13:19 PM »
That about sums it up Biggie!

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #701 on: March 01, 2017, 03:33:09 AM »
- Increase defense spending by $54b

We need that to help replace the 27,000 nuclear weapons that we have reduced.  This is money well spent.  A trillion dollars a decade for something that makes us less safe.  But, freaking terrific for ratings.  Let's do it Bigly.

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 01, 2017, 08:36:15 AM »
On a happier note, Bloomberg:

So why is the Scandinavian nation (Denmark) finding it necessary to make cuts to its fabled welfare programs? Driving the new government’s push is a desire to finance a major round of income tax cuts.

"We want to promote a society in which it is easier to support yourself and your family before you hand over a large share of your income to fund the costs of society," the government of Prime Minister Lars Lokke Rasmussen wrote in its manifesto. (Emphasis added)

Now that's a refreshing perspective.

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 01, 2017, 08:45:29 AM »
^ do you have any idea of the level of taxation [or anything] in Denmark?

I mean as in before you go look that up after making your comment.

That result is like, duh. Hellooo. The message being? That somewhere taxes are being reduced? It means nothing if you take into account where they are coming from.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 08:56:55 AM by yugi »

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: March 01, 2017, 08:58:23 AM »
^ do you have any idea of the level of taxation [or anything] in Denmark?
So I looked it up.  A nudge over 48%
http://www.thelocal.dk/20141210/danes-face-the-worlds-highest-tax-burden-oecd

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal