Author Topic: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]  (Read 344480 times)

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]
« Reply #675 on: February 26, 2017, 09:15:59 PM »
how does it go?
We were the coolest, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN5zw04WxCc

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: February 26, 2017, 10:26:23 PM »

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: February 26, 2017, 11:26:35 PM »
Side bar again.
I swear.
Is this the shit or what?
Wow!
more thatn enough from me.....
Back to your regularly  scheduled shit show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEjkftp7J7I

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 27, 2017, 04:18:44 AM »

His grip on reality is so poor that there is nothing visionary about it...more like hallucinatory...and that doesn;t create good presidents  precedents.

I am just glad it seems his security suit fitting team has tightened things up a bit...well except for throwing Bannon in there.... Best that guy isn't seen in a suit that fits.

^ fixed it for you

deepmud

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #679 on: February 27, 2017, 09:01:26 AM »

So if this isn't worrying you there is something severely wrong with your judgement. Banning legitimate media based on to extent they agree wit has  it not is nothing short of facist.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/02/24/white-house-blocks-cnn-new-york-times-from-press-briefing-hours-after-trump-slams-media/?tid=sm_fb&utm_term=.d167ecb98470
"Fascist"?  You too?  SMH.

EDITED - this is to weaselswake - I'm genuinely interested in understanding this different point of view - END EDIT:

Not to push your buttons - but to get inside your shoes - you clearly see this cartoon as a valid representation of Trump's frustration with the media. How you feel is how you feel - it's real.

Can you articulate it ? Does the cartoon really validate your feelings or is it over the top?

My feelings are more like this one:

That being said - Jefferson had a "pocket" newspaper . He didn't invent Fake News - but he was was perhaps the first source of it in the United 13 Colonies. He pushed John Adam's buttons to the point that the First Amendment was in serious trouble from the get-go (IMHO) - "The Sedition Act resulted in the prosecution and conviction of many Jeffersonian newspaper owners who disagreed with the government." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_and_Sedition_Acts

I personally can't stand that Trump - mostly for his BS factor - I don't actually care that he's spending 3 million a weekend in Florida - but it annoys me he loved to talk up Obama flying to Hawaii as if it was a real vacation (Presidents are always "on-call"/working) .  The freakin' US of A  can afford a few million here and there  for the President.  I can't stand that he gets butt-hurt all the time - example : by a comparison of crowds vs. Obama's inauguration ( my God - the first black president is going to have big crowd get over it who cares -  Trump should not give a damn ).

I already voted for a Maverick once -  I thought "how could it be worse than the shitshow we already have?" - it turned out it COULD BE worse. She quit at two years and we were left with the stand-in. Would Pence do ok if Trump bails out? Speaking from experience - it seems a possibility.

Re-quoted with both relevant cartoons still in there. Sorry to have to repost.

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 27, 2017, 10:01:50 AM »
Deepmud, thanks for reposting the cartoon I posted, I really like it.

To answer your question I'll use an example.
Remember Tom Foley?  He was the speaker of the House during the Carter administration, he said, while referring to the false accusation that George Bush made a deal with Iran to hold all those 400+ American hostages until after Reagan got elected to embarrass Carter, "The seriousness of the charge mandates that we investigate this", and followed up with "even though there is no evidence, the seriousness of the charge is what matters".
I lost my faith in the left and their willing partners in the main stream media during that.
Very similar to when I lost my faith in the judicial system on the day O.J. Simpson was found not guilty.

I believe being suspicious is a healthy thing.
It takes a quiver to do that.

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 27, 2017, 10:54:56 AM »

Remember Tom Foley?  He was the speaker of the House during the Carter administration, he said, while referring to the false accusation that George Bush made a deal with Iran to hold all those 400+ American hostages until after Reagan got elected to embarrass Carter, "The seriousness of the charge mandates that we investigate this", and followed up with "even though there is no evidence, the seriousness of the charge is what matters".
I lost my faith in the left and their willing partners in the main stream media during that.
Very similar to when I lost my faith in the judicial system on the day O.J. Simpson was found not guilty.

What do you mean no evidence? He lost lost several people due to their connections with the Russians already. There are reports of direct close ties and contacts with Russia..and Trumps unwillingness to be transparent would have most of you guy up in arms if it were the any of the dems. Definitely more than enough to warrant an investigation...

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 27, 2017, 11:40:47 AM »
Yeah, and while they are at it, they should investigate how in hell did the Russians hack the Oscars also.
They are good, very, very good.

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 27, 2017, 12:48:23 PM »
So you guys are going to spend 54 billion dollars more on defence? You already have a bigger military machine than just about everyone else put together. What on earth are you scared of? You could obliterate any enemy many times over. Wouldn't it be more productive of change to spend that money on e.g. job creation schemes, education, or healthcare?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39108194

freetobeme

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 27, 2017, 01:01:31 PM »
So you guys are going to spend 54 billion dollars more on defence? You already have a bigger military machine than just about everyone else put together. What on earth are you scared of? You could obliterate any enemy many times over. Wouldn't it be more productive of change to spend that money on e.g. job creation schemes, education, or healthcare?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39108194

Geesh. What'd ya think this is all sunshine and unicorns over here. That healthy smart people anecdote your conjuring up ain't gonna make Merica great again. We got brown people to kill, resources to stockpile and God will bless us the whole way through. Hoorah.
"Everything you want is on the other side of fear" - George Addair

CoreVac Cannibal BOMB 8'8

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #685 on: February 27, 2017, 01:11:08 PM »
You could obliterate any enemy many times over.

Except the ones that we actually fight.

deepmud

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #686 on: February 27, 2017, 02:14:11 PM »

Well - Iran/Contra later made it seem less "tin hat", don't you think?  - but how do you connect Foley with the media? Why do you see media as "kiss my hand, etc? in the cartoon?

Wasn't it 52 hostages?

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: February 27, 2017, 03:38:10 PM »
Yeah, that sounds better, I was thinking the number of days being held by accident.

jpeter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 27, 2017, 06:27:06 PM »
I am starting to tire of the news media thumping their chests about freedom of the press and how important it is so they can do their job, and save us from the evil Trump.  Fact is the mainstream media is the reason Trump is in office right now.   They all wanted Hillary from day one, ignored her problems and propped her up on a pedestal.     During the primary they (media and DNC)wanted Trump on top as he seemed an easy opponent.    Oops, that didn't work !

Trump is a complete ass who will embarrass us daily,  but is so out of place in politics it is somehow sickly refreshing. 

DT's biggest problem is going to be how to steer the republican congress to keep them from hanging themselves.  All the while keeping back a revolt if he doesn't do every stupid thing they want.   Until he pisses off a quarter of his own party for being too liberal and brings over the same amount of democrats,  he is doomed.

Watching the shit show from my Libertarian perch. 

JP       

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: February 27, 2017, 07:17:32 PM »
Yeah, and while they are at it, they should investigate how in hell did the Russians hack the Oscars also.
They are good, very, very good.

I mean the hacking of the DNC wasn't very clever...it was just an incredibly poor job of the DNC staff that fell for it. Was social hacking with a slight twist. Not hard at all, but it takes a bit of effort. 

A.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal