Author Topic: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]  (Read 344483 times)

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]
« Reply #615 on: February 23, 2017, 08:16:26 AM »
Check out Sunsara Taylor, there are clips of her on YouTube, yikes, her brains are on fire, alt-left all the way.
hahahahhaha. What have I been missing? Holy cow. For reals? Wow.
There's people out there like that and I guess there always has been but now it's easier to get a bit of exposure tho her twitter doesn't look like it got enough people following for how busy she is with it.

Her and others like her do not represent the majority of liberals.  In fact she makes us cringe tho at the same time it's sort of fun to antagonize people who think like her.  Again she hardly represents most liberals, including those who consider themselves progressive. 

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 23, 2017, 09:39:50 AM »
Just so long as you and the rest of the liberals (aka progressives) realize that it works both ways.
It takes a quiver to do that.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #617 on: February 23, 2017, 09:46:47 AM »
I have a great idea.....lets put all the alt-left and alt-right on a deserted island with nothing but baseball bats...should make for good TV.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #618 on: February 23, 2017, 09:51:11 AM »
Just so long as you and the rest of the liberals (aka progressives) realize that it works both ways.

I think that goes without saying.  There's always extremists and extremists among extremists on both sides.  Then there's always people on which ever side who make blanket claims that all on the opposite side are all the same and think alike.  It's actually quite entertaining despite the consequences. 

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 23, 2017, 10:22:05 AM »
she swung so far left she might be getting close to right. Alt something for sure. I wouldn't have a clue where to put her other than.....her brain is on fire.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 10:29:44 AM by lucabrasi »

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 23, 2017, 03:19:02 PM »

This behavior should worry even the most ardent support of Trump (what happens when Trump gets his own man in the FBI):
"White House officials had sought the help of the bureau and other agencies investigating the Russia matter to say that the reports were wrong and that there had been no contacts, the officials said. The reports of the contacts were first published by The New York Times and CNN on February 14.
The direct communications between the White House and the FBI were unusual because of decade-old restrictions on such contacts. Such a request from the White House is a violation of procedures that limit communications with the FBI on pending investigations."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/23/politics/fbi-refused-white-house-request-to-knock-down-recent-trump-russia-stories/

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 23, 2017, 04:14:22 PM »
About the screaming.....
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2017/0222/In-age-of-Trump-apocalyptic-rhetoric-becomes-mainstream

I've always considered Christian Science to put the moron in Oxymoron, but the Christian Science Monitor is pretty much the only newspaper I trust. Never have understood how or why that should be so.

I should research that.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 24, 2017, 04:55:11 AM »
Interesting views on how China is handling world stage events.
   http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-39061702

Smart.

I gather it may be hard for those within the US (watching a certain flavor of news stream) to realise the degraded image America is now forging for itself. Nor it’s impact. Meanwhile world-stage “bad-boy” China is smart to profit and is bumping up its image.

The article only mentions in passing how China took the high road Re committing to respect international accords on protecting our fragile environment. That was a relief to one of my biggest fears in Trumps [after all not so] strange move [given he IS the corrupt swamp monster himself] to slap respect for the environment in the face by “selling out” to big oil and putting Pruitt in charge. Not pretty. I sure get the impression a good portion of America doesn’t understand the effort and the years of work it takes to actual make an international agreement. Even if it seems a day late and a dollar short.

I cannot understand how a forum where there are a majority of US surfers isn’t more outraged at the direction the protection of the environment is going.

Wake up! I live and SUP in a place where the efforts and regulations to protect the cleanliness of the waters has paid off. Yes, it did cost industry to be more clean. No, industry can’t pay off government just to make more profit by being more dirty. We are a democracy here and the people would not stand for it. No way would the people let industry pollute by simply corrupting the government.

In the 70’s people wondered if it was safe to swim in the lake where I paddle. Now I don’t even take a water with me, I drink directly from the lake when I’m thirsty. I enjoy top quality tap water - it’s better than any bottles stuff. No way do I drink tap water in the US, at least where I go. I now so distrust “official” US messages that I think I wouldn’t dare drink tapwater anywhere in the US. Just out of distrust.

I’m the kind of guy the last time I was in India I drank the tap water there from day 1 to the end. Never would I dare in the USA.

I’m deeply saddened by the news i hear of California surfer health issues. That’s more the kind of news one may expect from developing countries these days, not leading nations.

On a surf forum why aren’t we hearing more outrage on respect for the environment dammit? Is the propaganda there so effective or have they drugged you?

Wake up. Fight for your rights. One thing I expect Trump to do is create a whole new sector of activists. A la Louis IIV.

(same drapes BTW! although Louis IIV at least wore suits that fit him and may have had better taste is hairstyle!).

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 24, 2017, 05:10:02 AM »
Uff, on that note I'm outa here..

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 24, 2017, 07:16:36 AM »
Yugi, I   am   more   than   outraged ,  this  is  just  not  where  I  express  my  outrage .

johnysmoke

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: February 24, 2017, 07:21:22 AM »

I cannot understand how a forum where there are a majority of US surfers isn’t more outraged at the direction the protection of the environment is going.

Yes on this, can't understand why either. Don't want to return to the days of the Boston Harbor white fish floating around after a busy Friday and Saturday night. Or adorning my kid's sand castles with tampon applicators as I did 35 years ago as a kid.
Also I think investing in coal is similar to investing in steam engine technology. Oil is never going away, unless it runs out, but investment in renewables seems like the future, unless you own oil interests. Drilling national parks is something I'd only consider if it were a matter of national security.
Maybe Toyota can make the change, show people the shiney NASCAR race cars on tv during the weekend, and sell hydrogen fuel vehicles during the week.
SIC F14
Bark Eliminator
C4 Beachboy

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #626 on: February 24, 2017, 07:45:23 AM »
You won't drink the tapwater in the US but you will in India? ....that tells me all I need to know of your argument.

Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

johnysmoke

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 24, 2017, 08:02:09 AM »
You won't drink the tapwater in the US but you will in India? ....that tells me all I need to know of your argument.
You spent a lot of time on the ground in India lately?
SIC F14
Bark Eliminator
C4 Beachboy

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 24, 2017, 08:29:13 AM »
Yugi, can you explain Cap and Trade as it applies to pollution credits to me?

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #629 on: February 24, 2017, 08:40:02 AM »

I think the notion of willingly drinking tap water in India but not at all in the U.S. is over the top, but the overall point of Yugi's argument is pretty valid. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal