Author Topic: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]  (Read 344551 times)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
Re: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]
« Reply #540 on: February 18, 2017, 03:30:49 PM »
Damn this weak barin!

SeldomScene

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 18, 2017, 03:42:07 PM »
Ok, so now the Trumpettes are blaming Obama. Just like the Ginger Whinger, it's always someone else's fault.

Obama wouldn't have anyone to rally if Trump was conductimg himself with a bit more respect for his position and for the majority of US voters.

Here's the root of your problem:

US Election results 2016.

Donald Trump 62,980,160 votes.

Hillary Clinton 65,845,063 votes.

(Source: BBC.)

So nearly 3 million more US voters wanted Clinton than Trump.

So you bet if the majority of people don't get the President they voted for, then they are going to let their opinions be known. That is how democracy works.

So you'd better get used to the constant barrage upon Trump. It is the majority telling Trump not to dismiss their views. They will stop opposing him when and if he starts finding a compromise between his current extreme (and minority) views, and what the majority of the electorate wants.

As an independent who did not vote for Trump or Clinton, two things:  it is tue that Clinton got more popular votes.  But it is also true that in the big Dem states such as Cali, Washington and NY, many Republicans didn't vote because it's pointless to do so under the Electoral College system.  It is also true that the Electoral College affects the way that candidates campaign, concentrating on the few swing states that matter.  I don't see any Dems touting Bill Clintons win with 43 per cent of the popular vote. 

Secondly, from the looks of things, your assertion that Trumps opponents would be satisfied if he went to the center and moderation, "compromise" was your word, probably isn't accurate.  The only thing that would prevent the level of noise from the losing party would be to have one of their own in the White House.  Sadly, the notion of compromise dies when the Dems went all Pelosi. 

It's just so left wing, it's now out of the mainstream.  I had voted Dem previously, but doubt I will again any time soon unless they clone Sam Nunn.  Just the other day, I was in a National Parl Service office.  There were two bathrooms, both one holers.  Rather than just having a sign that said "bathroom", they had big elaborate notices that they were gender neutral one holers.  Since they were one toilet operations with locks on the doors, it is just a big political message to cater to the one hundredth of one percent of people who are transgendered and their "supporters".  This is the kind of stuff that people who are worried about losing their jobs, or people like me who have been hammered with radical increases in our health insurance deductibles as a result of the ACA, find to be unnecessary and in the way of good government. 

If both parties still had the word "compromise" in their vocabulary, this country would be far better off.  Most Americans are somewhere near the middle, but both parties are controlled by far left or far right.  That's why Trump is the Commander in Chief now.  There are a great many members of Congress in both parties who are sensible and moderate.  In the current climate of screaming bomb throwers, none of them would have a chance. 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 03:57:17 PM by SeldomScene »

SeldomScene

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 18, 2017, 03:48:48 PM »
I am watching Trump's Florida rally Live right now.  He is a really good campaigner.   I think he has a chance of wining the presidency.
"Wining the presidency":o   Yeah i think you may mean P-R-E-S-I-D-E-N-S-Y ? What a moran.

Shoot, I had to look it up.  It is Presidency, with. "C".  There's still time to delete this "Moran" post before anyone see it.   ;D

southwesterly

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 18, 2017, 04:13:32 PM »
Safe to say that this pie chart applies to our shitshow thread.
Funny how that works.

all~wet

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 18, 2017, 04:35:42 PM »
Facebook/Twitter.... about the most vacuous bunch of overtly image conscious/psuedo celebrity mindrot.... too many align themselves with a persona/image/people they'd like to think they are like.... or one they'd like to present to the world... and reflexively share/pass it on. Those who don't align are shouted down.

The nature of our present day society/the computer age, media/political parties that are literally owned by big business/ a few special interests... is that we have to be MUCH more proactive than ever to get the full spectrum of information. It's like trying to eat right... much easier to ingest shit. And there is SO MUCH out there to sift through. Much... most is so very one sided. The very nature of how the internet/web searches works is by design it feeds into our confirmation biases. The more stories you read from one end of the spectrum, the more you are fed! One has to willfully, ACTIVELY search out news sources from all ends of the spectrum. It takes time, Energy. Things most busy people do not have. Seems most are content to sit back and be spoon fed their opinion.

Election night, I sat on my sofa and flipped the dial between MSN, CNN and Fox.... checked into a variety of websites across the political spectrum.  It was very striking. Would be difficult to tell they were speaking of the same events. Both sides have their points, both sides have more than their share of hype and fear mongering.

It takes a lot of work and personal responsibility to sift through the bullshit, maybe even contradict people you may like or respect. However, being fully informed, having a firm grip on reality and reaching ones own conclusion based on ones own intellect and conscience... I couldn't think of too many things more important and that represent what true independence and self ownership/reliance depend on.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 04:43:32 PM by all~wet »

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 18, 2017, 05:41:00 PM »
At least there is a lot of energy out there, which I would think is better than no energy, just so long as nobody damages property (oops), or other people (oops again), we should all be fine.  Right?  :-\
It takes a quiver to do that.

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 18, 2017, 05:58:29 PM »
All-wet: True.

But I have learned quite a bit from this thread. What I have learned is the viewpoints of others. I could live my entire life here in the UK and never speak to someone who likes Trump. They just don't exist here. Or anywhere else in Europe. So it is really a privilege to be able to converse with people through this forum who hold views I'd never otherwise encounter, and as a result I think I'm just beginning to understand your election result, which to us Europeans looks like half your country had a mass brain fart, and elected a perverted and vain old reality TV star with no experience of office who promised you lots of things he could never actually deliver. Now I see how divided the US is, and how skewed your media has become. I have heard a shocking level of distrust in your own government institutions, and a pessimism that your political system will ever truly represent the interests of ordinary folk rather than big business. Overwhelmingly it seems that you see government as an obstacle to your goals, not a vehicle for your safety and security that exists to make your life easier. Certainly in Europe we are also cynical about government. But there is not the same level of distrust, and we are happier for our governments to provide healthcare, education, and other infrastructure to a degree that you are not, because we distrust big business more than we distrust our elected representatives.

So, through this social media outlet, the Zone, I have been both entertained and informed, and it has very much allowed me to be exposed to views I wouldn't otherwise be exposed to. That is quite the opposite of the echo chamber view of social media. So I guess maybe it boils down to whether you are willing to invest time and effort into trying to understand the viewpoints of people who hold views different from your own.

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 18, 2017, 06:17:48 PM »
I am watching Trump's Florida rally Live right now.  He is a really good campaigner.   I think he has a chance of wining the presidency.
"Wining the presidency":o   Yeah i think you may mean P-R-E-S-I-D-E-N-S-Y ? What a moran.

Shoot, I had to look it up.  It is Presidency, with. "C".  There's still time to delete this "Moran" post before anyone see it.   ;D
No.  Remember "c before y sounds like k in sky".  As in cyote.  ki-ote not si-ote.  Lunasy to argue otherwise.  Even admin admitted he has a weak barin.

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #548 on: February 18, 2017, 07:41:26 PM »
Sometimes we need to put all this shit aside and surf.
Pau Hana 11' Big EZ Ricochet (Beluga)

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 18, 2017, 08:51:12 PM »
Sometimes we need to put all this shit aside and surf.

Dude, you have no idea how right you are. You'll recognize this double when you are out for 8 months. :/
I'm 4 months in...I'm not going to last another 4 with no water time.

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 18, 2017, 09:29:57 PM »
I'm 4 months in...I'm not going to last another 4 with no water time.

Couldn't get Obama to commute your sentence? ;D

Seriously, hang in there!

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 18, 2017, 10:41:25 PM »

Couldn't get Obama to commute your sentence? ;D

Seriously, hang in there!

haha, I would take that.

Funny thing about Obama is that is not that left leaning..he is the ultimate pragmatist. He has sent out more illegal aliens than any other president. I am not necessarily agreeing with it...but it is not a GOP position to be against cheap labor. Bush wanted to allow more in, simply because it makes sense.
Personally I liked that stance from Bush.

To me socialized healthcare makes economic sense. It is also the only way to create a great innovation / information economy. If you think the future is going to be hard...just wait and see if we segregate people on right to live (via healthcare and not).

...now you see what staying out of the water does to me?????

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 19, 2017, 02:41:45 AM »

Also..I think possible treason is way more interesting to look into than a blowjob.

All the info about possible calls...the well-coordinated attacks on Clinton with leaks on Wikileaks...people resigning over contact and the constant defending of Putin...its worth looking into. If you do not think so you are not thinking about the wellbeing of the country but your belief in a team (this is not the same).

johnysmoke

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 19, 2017, 07:08:30 AM »
The hcosupb thread is the real victim here.
SIC F14
Bark Eliminator
C4 Beachboy

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 19, 2017, 08:27:35 AM »
The hcosupb thread is the real victim here.
Then reanimate it, nobody will complain, and it's easy.
It takes a quiver to do that.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal