Author Topic: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]  (Read 345700 times)

southwesterly

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]
« Reply #510 on: February 16, 2017, 04:25:07 PM »
What was it that Michael Flynn do that was right? The secret calls to the KGB or the lying about it?

“I don’t think he did anything wrong. If anything, he did something right.” ~ Donald Trump

This was the president’s defense of former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn, who resigned Tuesday night. Flynn submitted his resignation after it was reported that he had discussed the Obama administration’s sanctions against Russia with the country’s ambassador, and then lied to Vice President Pence about the topics of their conversations.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 04:28:39 PM by southwesterly »

tallguy

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 16, 2017, 05:43:26 PM »
Speaking of science and facts, here is a recent article that speaks to The Donalds Administration's views regarding intelligent dialog, or fact based evidence...No need to concern ourselves w/ warming oceans, coral bleaching, fisheries collapse, or global warming generated changes....we will just deny the science.....

http://www.salon.com/2017/01/07/donald-trumps-glorious-victory-for-anti-intellectualism-drain-the-swamp-just-meant-the-eggheads/

Paddle faster, cause the incoming tides are getting bigger.....

southwesterly

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 16, 2017, 05:54:06 PM »
On climate change.

On November 6, 2012, Donald Trump tweeted: "The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive."

You got a question about that?

tallguy

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 16, 2017, 05:56:18 PM »
Realllllllyyyyyy hard to not see Melissa McCarthy, when looking at Spicey...HAHAHAHA!!!!

SeldomScene

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 16, 2017, 06:12:07 PM »
What was it that Michael Flynn do that was right? The secret calls to the KGB or the lying about it?

“I don’t think he did anything wrong. If anything, he did something right.” ~ Donald Trump

This was the president’s defense of former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn, who resigned Tuesday night. Flynn submitted his resignation after it was reported that he had discussed the Obama administration’s sanctions against Russia with the country’s ambassador, and then lied to Vice President Pence about the topics of their conversations.

In the interest of fairness and using a fact based option, calling the Ambassador is entirely different than calling the KGB.  How would he even know who the KGB was and how would he get the number?  These guys don't hand out KGB business cards, you know.  The NY Times headline that Trumps people were in touch with the KGB is not supported in the least in the article.  The whole matter is under investigation, and has been since the first overhears.  It will be interesting to see where it goes but let's got get there on our own with conjecture.  For me, it's hard to fathom the General calling the Ambo and discussing sanctions unless Trump told him to or at least knew about it.  But we will know when we know. 

all~wet

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 16, 2017, 08:12:12 PM »
I watched the press conference. Definitely a little hyperbole from the press... Trump wasn't compleeeetely unhinged. The proceeding was rather.... unusual. He did play the victim rather than the man in charge. The whole thing was rather helter skelter, unfocused, confrontational, devoid of specifics, loose with facts. You know... same-same.

The man looks tired. Frustrated. In over his head. I actually found myself feeling a weeeee bit sorry for him. Frankly, it seems he came into this thinking it was another version of "The Apprentice" with he and his over the top persona playing the part of president rather than actually being one.... dealing with the extreme pressures and responsibilities inherent to a very difficult, brutal, thankless position. I wouldn't be surprised to see him self sabotage/look for a way out... martyr himself.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 08:26:12 PM by all~wet »

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 16, 2017, 08:32:09 PM »
Perhaps it's only "telling" us what we want to hear.

(Fark.com huh?)
Ummm what exactly do you mean by this ^? It is a fact.
AP and SW. 

No, they are two facts which when put together out of context, become misleading. 

I am assuming Yates is the person you are referring to.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 09:09:13 PM by Bean »

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 16, 2017, 08:54:43 PM »

This guy is crazy. No other ways to explain it. A poor grip on realities isn't cutting it anymore. Delusional is more like it.
"characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-news-electoral-college-ronald-reagan-biggest-win-claim-a7584481.html

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 16, 2017, 10:11:06 PM »
Wow - did you see Trump's press conference today?

The anti-Trump media are reporting it as unhinged. I wouldn't go that far. But his endless attacks on the media is getting tediously repetitive. If the media is reporting things that are untrue, why doesn't he take the opportunity to set the record straight in these press conferences, rather than just make vague accusations of "fake news"?

I don’t know A10. I maybe wouldn’t call it unhinged if it was a news conference by some no name leader of some banana republic country that few have ever heard of. But this guy is the leader of the most powerful nation on earth. I think we might expect some level of sophistication given the position of power he holds. But it’s a far cry from sophistication with this guy. I mean really, who the hell cares how many electoral college votes he got? And why is he so fixated on it? And he can’t even get that right.

Would almost be comical if it wasn’t so scary. And I'll take what Tautologies says above and raise it. He's not just crazy, he's batshit crazy.
Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 16, 2017, 10:59:41 PM »
Would almost be comical if it wasn’t so scary. And I'll take what Tautologies says above and raise it. He's not just crazy, he's batshit crazy.

Are you talking about when he defended the guy he just fired for doing what he fired him for by saying he would have directed him to do it if he hadn't? FUUUUUU##K

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 17, 2017, 03:41:24 AM »
Wow - did you see Trump's press conference today?

Frankly, would anyone be surprised if he showed up wearing a crown and robes in front of those gold drapes and changes his name to Donald Sese Seko Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga to spurt out that shit show of lies and shameless self promotion?

Meaning "Donald The warrior who knows no defeat because of his endurance and inflexible will and is all powerful, leaving fire in his wake as he goes from conquest to conquest”.

Oh! Right. He’s supposed to be the democratically elected leader of the free world.

America: you’ll get more accurate facts if you watch hockey than White House so-called-press conferences:
   http://youtu.be/RZusaswEBH4

« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 03:51:51 AM by yugi »

southwesterly

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 17, 2017, 10:32:36 PM »
This is what happens when Trump is called out on his alternative "facts", what I call lies.

I'm so glad that somebody got the chance to bust him in person.

https://youtu.be/KUdZgbDIe-w

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 18, 2017, 12:53:28 AM »
All Trump's supporters see there is a bunch of smart-arse intellectual libtards trying to trip up a decent man. You see a decent man trying to extract the truth from a charlatan. I just don't think it will matter one jot to the "Trump-ette" cheerleaders how many times he's called on the "facts". Trump has so successfully convinced them that there is a grand media conspiracy going on that they will just feel sorry for Him. And in fairness to Trump, the wall-to-wall anti-Trump media, with much of it rather petty, does seem to be playing to that narrative.

Surely a problem Trump might face is simple media over-exposure? We just see so much of him, and saying the same things in the same way, that I'm already feeling like he's been prez for 4 years not 4 weeks. Surely he can't keep up this level of media exposure? He'll just become this annoying repetitive background buzzing noise, even if you support him. It's exhausting for us news-watchers to follow every twist and turn of his presidency, so I can't imagine how it must be for an old(er) gentleman like him. The problem with the Trump "direct communication with the voters" strategy is that it requires him to be in effect a full-time press secretary rather than delegate to others - and let's face it, Spicer and Conway have managed to make themselves the story rather than relate the story, which is a bit of a media no-no. So I'm not sure how long they are gonna last.

Is anything actually getting done, behind the scenes? Is all this media fluff a cover for something more substantial? Maybe it is actually all there is....?

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #523 on: February 18, 2017, 08:19:59 AM »

Frankly, would anyone be surprised if he showed up wearing a crown and robes in front of those gold drapes and changes his name to Donald Sese Seko Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga to spurt out that shit show of lies and shameless self promotion?

Meaning "Donald The warrior who knows no defeat because of his endurance and inflexible will and is all powerful, leaving fire in his wake as he goes from conquest to conquest”.

I wasn't going to bother posting here anymore but I have to admit thats a pretty funny visual and title.....and I can absolutely see him that way...always thought his ridiculously gaudy homes reflected his character.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

supthecreek

« Reply #524 on: February 18, 2017, 08:41:46 AM »
Morning lefties.
I sure am glad you have this thread to pontificate on.... cuz you got nothing else.
No President
No Congress
No Senate
Almost No Governors
Bleeding seats in every state. It must be frustrating to be so unappreciated all the time. ;D

ok, ok.... I'll say it for you, so you don't have to trouble yourselves
STFU creek, you “racist, Nazi, alt-right, misogynist, sexist, Islamophobe, xenophobe, deplorable climate-denier, uneducated, angry white man, drone cheerleader”

Enjoy your day scouring the interweb for more nasty things to say about the moron supporters of DT. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

* Recent Posts

post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
Today at 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
Today at 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 16, 2024, 12:40:25 AM
post SIC Raptor Foil and Board For Sale
[Classifieds]
addapost
April 15, 2024, 04:25:26 PM
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 15, 2024, 02:40:38 PM
[SUP General]
Dusk Patrol
April 15, 2024, 01:37:51 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal