Author Topic: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]  (Read 345856 times)

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]
« Reply #495 on: February 15, 2017, 02:54:37 PM »
It's entertaining, which is why I gravitate to such places. I can't drive into Santa Cruz before I am laughing right away at some character toodling along.
2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 15, 2017, 03:32:12 PM »
...and it seems like the ones that are too nutty to fit in there move up here to Oregon.

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 15, 2017, 03:34:12 PM »
It's entertaining, which is why I gravitate to such places. I can't drive into Santa Cruz before I am laughing right away at some character toodling along.
Years ago the downtown area was a real treat for people watching. It probably had Telegraph in Berkley beat. I've wondered about that off and on and found this. Seems to ring a bell the quake did it in.
http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/article/ZZ/20091003/NEWS/910039896
I really need to get back that way someday.
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS HAVE ALL REPORTED.
I always just thought I was loud, I didn't know it was an American thing.....whew.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 03:36:56 PM by lucabrasi »

johnysmoke

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 15, 2017, 04:11:18 PM »
I remember seeing the most beautiful little chickie waltz through a street in Santa Cruz completely topless and carrying a bag on her head. I was probably 21 at the time and knew I would never see such perfect breasts again in my lifetime. Only spent a summer out there, if I had to do it again would have gone to school at UC Santa Cruz.

And suddenly there are Russians everywhere... http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35706238
SIC F14
Bark Eliminator
C4 Beachboy

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 15, 2017, 05:36:49 PM »
When I was in pro school at UCLA and lived on the Venice canals in 75 through 77, they did topless modelling shoots all the time on the beach around the pier.  It was pretty routine.

I still miss the cheek shots while driving of beautiful young girls wearing nothing bikinis riding bikes around Long Beach when I lived there in 80-81.

There were a bunch of tatted hipster photographers doing a pretty elaborate model shoot at Privates stairs a couple of weeks ago. 

Ironic, the grips and hangers on held a towel around the model while she disrobed and changed clothes. The pierced, tatted assistant looked at me like I was a perv for looking when I went up the stairs.  She was posing nearly nekkid, anyway.
2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 15, 2017, 09:03:41 PM »
In that respect, if my US colleagues are in a group together in a bar or restaurant, they will usually be the loudest there :) Why *do* you guys talk so loud haha!? :) This observation was actually first pointed out to me by one of my US friends btw, before you bite my head off..

I agree. I hate loud talkers--women who laugh like hyenas on crack in a nice restaurant. Men who keep raising the volume instead of listening. It's some kind of national insecurity, coupled with public manners that can only be described as "I can do whatever I want."

The only positive thing about people being rude, staring at their phones, is that at least the STFU. Until they get a call, and they want everyone in the room to hear what they are saying.

One of my daughters was briefly convinced that her kids should be raised like wild Indians.  I told her she could do as she pleased, but I wasn't going to be in public with them. Fortunately she got tired of the misbehavior and started leaning on them The two boys had so many "time outs" they had flat spots on their foreheads.

They're older now, and can be reasoned with. I tell them that manners are a measure of who they are. The oldest boy has asked us for dress suits for Christmas for several years.

Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

southwesterly

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 15, 2017, 09:37:09 PM »
This is pretty telling of the Trump administration:

A reminder: Trump did not fire Flynn, but he fired the woman who warned him Flynn was compromised   (washingtonpost.com )
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 09:43:50 PM by southwesterly »

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 16, 2017, 08:50:48 AM »
Perhaps it's only "telling" us what we want to hear.

(Fark.com huh?)

addapost

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 16, 2017, 02:20:34 PM »

(Fark.com huh?)
Ummm what exactly do you mean by this ^? It is a fact.
Bunch of old shit

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 16, 2017, 02:51:49 PM »

So at what point does a man who claims fake news...and then obviously has a poor grip on realities loose credibility with his followers?
SO many of his claims are demonstrably and empirically wrong...to me that discredits everything. This isn't a guy who is attempting to get at truth and then makes a mistake, or who learns and adapts, it is someone who believes he is right by definition and that realities should adapt to him. That is incredibly dangerous.   

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 16, 2017, 02:55:51 PM »
Wow - did you see Trump's press conference today?

The anti-Trump media are reporting it as unhinged. I wouldn't go that far. But his endless attacks on the media is getting tediously repetitive. If the media is reporting things that are untrue, why doesn't he take the opportunity to set the record straight in these press conferences, rather than just make vague accusations of "fake news"?

southwesterly

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 16, 2017, 02:58:44 PM »

(Fark.com huh?)

Great thing about facts. It's like science. It's either true or not.

In this case true. No matter where you read it.

Maybe pass this along to King Donald. He needs a dose of science.

SeldomScene

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 16, 2017, 03:26:25 PM »
This is pretty telling of the Trump administration:

A reminder: Trump did not fire Flynn, but he fired the woman who warned him Flynn was compromised   (washingtonpost.com )

Disclaimer:  I am not a Trump supporter.

That fact may technically be true and does make for good theatre, a good zinger or one-liner, but the firing of Sally Yates is a completely different event and in no way related to Gen Flynn's resignation.  It doesn't help "the cause" to posit such banal and brief observations which any moron can see right through. 

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 16, 2017, 03:31:16 PM »
^^ Agreed. I'd really like to see the media and the opposition raise all this up about five levels. It's the way to neutralize him. As it is now, I just assume everyone is lying because there are so many bleats that are just obviously not true, or at the very least not true in the manner they are presented.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 16, 2017, 04:25:00 PM »
Wow - did you see Trump's press conference today?

The anti-Trump media are reporting it as unhinged. I wouldn't go that far. But his endless attacks on the media is getting tediously repetitive. If the media is reporting things that are untrue, why doesn't he take the opportunity to set the record straight in these press conferences, rather than just make vague accusations of "fake news"?
I've clicked here and there and seen bits and pieces. I would agree with you there.  He didn't seem way unhinged but more flustered. His campaign schtick seems to be waning a bit.......thank goodness. I saw "chaos" as a headline to click and "mess" as well. He inherited a mess alright. Never heard him blame Obama...
I agree on the media thing as well..........getting old but cnn is one of the places I saw some and by golly if the stuff in the sidebar for other things to watch didn't have snl sketch like stuff for headlines attached to them.  I clicked here and there....lost interest.....couldn't be bothered. Maybe he'll turn them into the new national enquirer. Best thing to happen to them since before the internet. Hell, I don't know.
He almost seemed out of his league. I can't even imagine how that guys life has changed over the last 6 weeks. I think it is just starting to sink in.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 04:32:54 PM by lucabrasi »

* Recent Posts

post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
April 18, 2024, 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 16, 2024, 12:40:25 AM
post SIC Raptor Foil and Board For Sale
[Classifieds]
addapost
April 15, 2024, 04:25:26 PM
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 15, 2024, 02:40:38 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal