Author Topic: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]  (Read 346305 times)

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]
« Reply #315 on: February 03, 2017, 05:09:51 PM »
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 05:20:10 PM by yugi »

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 03, 2017, 06:04:20 PM »
On Friday, while signing Sweden's new climate law, Ms Lovin urged European countries to take a leading role in tackling climate change as "the US is not there anymore to lead".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38853399

Wow, there's a happy looking bunch. Cocktails after??
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Subber

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 03, 2017, 07:00:47 PM »
On Friday, while signing Sweden's new climate law, Ms Lovin urged European countries to take a leading role in tackling climate change as "the US is not there anymore to lead".

Woman-caused global warming,
I mean climate change?

Brings a chill.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 07:02:37 PM by Subber »
Jimmy Lewis Black & Blue Noserider 10'1"x31"x4.25," 164 liters, 24 lbs, 1 box
Pearson Laird Surftech Longboard 10'6"x23"x29.75"x18"x4.375," 154 liters, 24 lbs, 3 boxes
Takayama Ali'i II Surftech 11'x21.375”x28.5”x17.25”x 4.25,” 162 liters, 26 lbs, 3 boxes

Subber

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 03, 2017, 07:10:15 PM »
“Dodd-Frank is a disaster,” Trump said earlier this week during a meeting with small business owners. “We’re going to be doing a big number on Dodd-Frank.”

The president said he’ll be discussing the topic with top CEOs and banking executives at a meeting Friday morning at the White House, where attendees included Jamie Dimon, the CEO of JPMorgan Chase.

“There’s nobody better to tell me about Dodd-Frank than Jamie, so you’re going to tell me about it,” Trump said.

He told the group that he expects his administration “to be cutting a lot out of Dodd-Frank because frankly I have so many people, friends of mine that have nice businesses that can’t borrow money. They just can’t get any money because the banks just won’t let ‘em borrow because of the rules and regulations of Dodd-Frank.”

Possibly good, but Potentially very scary.

He'll get some good objective, non-conflicted info & recommendations - gulp.

If they want to deregulate it, they need to lower the government guarantees, raise reserve ratios, lessen monopoly powers, etc.
 - like that is going to happen.

Of course, JP Morgan, etc. wouldn't even be here now without the trillions of bailout monies.

Not so sure Trump will be negotiating this for most of the citizens' benefit.

Of course, we will see.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 07:18:38 PM by Subber »
Jimmy Lewis Black & Blue Noserider 10'1"x31"x4.25," 164 liters, 24 lbs, 1 box
Pearson Laird Surftech Longboard 10'6"x23"x29.75"x18"x4.375," 154 liters, 24 lbs, 3 boxes
Takayama Ali'i II Surftech 11'x21.375”x28.5”x17.25”x 4.25,” 162 liters, 26 lbs, 3 boxes

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 03, 2017, 11:39:24 PM »
Seriously though. What would you say if Obama had demoted the joint chiefs and put a black supremacist friend in charge?

I'd be up in arms.

Bannon is a self-admitted leninist, leader of a white power fringe media / fantasy / hate outlet...holy shit that any one defend this bullshit is beyond me.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #320 on: February 04, 2017, 01:57:02 AM »
“Darkness is good. Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Satan. That’s power. It only helps us when they [liberals] get it wrong. When they’re blind to who we are and what we’re doing”.

That was Bannon in November.  He should be stoked because we are as blind as a bag of bats.

It would also be funny (if it were not so dire) that the "common man" has been duped into believing that this crew has their best interests in mind.  The slight of hand is working all around.  These guys are mouth populists and feet oligarchs.

And the R's really are getting in on the Darth Vader fun via the congressional review act.  The first five things that need to be overturned:

The stream protection rule for coal mining. This regulation, finalized in December 2016, would sharply restrict coal-mining companies from dumping debris and waste into nearby waterways in the future. Also, before starting a new mine, coal companies would have to develop a plan and set aside money to restore affected streams once finished. Advocates say the rule is crucial to protect fragile ecosystems and limit the dumping of toxic heavy metals into water supplies. But the coal industry — which is already in sharp decline — says it would put large swaths of the nation’s untapped coal reserves off-limits and further crunch mining companies.

The methane waste rule. This Department of Interior regulation, finalized in November 2016, would require oil and gas companies to reduce methane leaks from operations on federal and tribal lands. Instead of just flaring it or letting it waft into the air, companies would have to capture the methane and sell it off. This rule was a component of Obama’s climate plan, which aimed to reduce emissions of methane — a powerful greenhouse-gas — from oil and gas drilling 40 percent by 2025. But the oil industry preferred this be regulated at the state level (which is typically looser).

The “resource extraction rule.” This SEC regulation, finalized in June 2016, would require publicly traded oil, gas, and mining companies to disclose payments they make to foreign governments. It was done under the auspices of the 2010 Dodd-Frank financial reform bill. Its supporters say the increased transparency would deter corruption from oil companies working abroad. But oil companies hate it — when Trump’s new Secretary of State Rex Tillerson was head of ExxonMobil, he flew to DC to lobby against it, arguing it would put US energy companies at a competitive disadvantage.

The “blacklisting” rule for contractors. This rule, finalized by the Department of Labor in August 2016, would require federal contractors to disclose labor law violations from the last three years — and change their practices — before they can receive a contract. In October, a federal judge halted this rule from taking effect, saying it went beyond the authority Congress had given the executive branch.

The Social Security gun rule. Under this regulation, finalized in December 2016, the Social Security Administration would submit information on recipients of disability insurance to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System if they met certain “mental impairment” criteria. Gun-rights advocates said the system could block those on disability from being able to buy guns and rallied to repeal it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 02:02:53 AM by Admin »

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 04, 2017, 04:56:13 AM »
Here's a courtroom video showing part of the argument that Trump's travel ban was religiously motivated. I didn't realise that Trump's own advisors had said on TV that Trump specifically asked them to come up with a way of banning Muslims. Did anyone see such an interview - and if so, who said it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38866415

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #322 on: February 04, 2017, 05:03:43 AM »
Here's a courtroom video showing part of the argument that Trump's travel ban was religiously motivated. I didn't realise that Trump's own advisors had said on TV that Trump specifically asked them to come up with a way of banning Muslims. Did anyone see such an interview - and if so, who said it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38866415

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/316726-giuliani-trump-asked-me-how-to-do-a-muslim-ban-legally

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 04, 2017, 08:52:10 AM »
Yeah it was Giuliani.

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 04, 2017, 09:29:17 AM »
Giuliani's statements are clearly taken out of context. 

He reiterated that the ban is "not based on religion."

"It's based on places where there are substantial evidence that people are sending terrorists into our country," he said.

I would question, if the "five things" stated above were so critical, why did it take the prior administration until late 2016 to finalize the related rules?  They look great on the surface, but have we considered all the pork attached and special interests affected?

Take a deeper dive...

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #325 on: February 04, 2017, 10:30:15 AM »
Ummm, I suppose we hear what we want to hear.  starts at 3:08

« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 10:35:55 AM by Admin »

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 04, 2017, 10:38:26 AM »
Yeah, the point made in court was I think that that the origin of this EO - the intent that first started the ball rolling - was a "Muslim ban". But clearly Trump knew that such a thing would be illegal, so he asked his acolytes to find a way to achieve the same effect but legally. This interpretation is well supported by the excerpt of the interview on Fox News above.

The concern is that Trump sees himself as a knight in shining armour, and a knight needs a crusade...

cru|sade
[kruːˈseɪd]
NOUN
each of a series of medieval military expeditions made by Europeans to recover the Holy Land from the Muslims in the 11th, 12th, and 13th centuries.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 10:40:19 AM by Area 10 »

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #327 on: February 04, 2017, 01:10:36 PM »
I guess SOME people just forget... ::) or weren't old enough to ever know....

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4351026/clinton-1995-immigration-sotu

We tried to stop those Italians from immigrating in the 1940's, some good it did. One of them was found posing as the best man in my wedding.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 01:26:59 PM by TallDude »
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 04, 2017, 03:51:29 PM »

Holy shit guys. Many people's ability to defend Trumps ridiculous behavior is weird.

Post a clip about Clinton talking about illegal aliens??? What Trump has done is barring legal travelers from countries, revoked legal visa's clearly based on religion. It is categorically different. They detained a former prime minister with a diplomatic passport. It is a poorly formulate and executed order.

At the end of the day, this is a fight over ideas. We (all of the rest of the world) need to partner with the majority of muslims to fight the extremist muslims...what trump does is literally the dumbest thing he can do, he is simply proving ISIS right, when they are portraying the US as this enemy of islam. The bullshit cowboy mentality doesn't work. It never has. 

Torture?? If you can say that you are for torture, then you are screwed up. It doesn't work.

The best way to fight all this shit is to educate the world. Equal rights and schooling is also coincidentally the best way to lower the population explosion and limit climate change. With this government, fat chance any of that will happen.

addapost

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 04, 2017, 05:00:04 PM »
The fact that so many people defend him and apologize for him is the scariest thing of all to me.
Bunch of old shit

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal