Author Topic: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]  (Read 344488 times)

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]
« Reply #285 on: February 02, 2017, 07:31:22 PM »
all these years later....
this can be tolerated.....endlessly and with many other examples....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lukBfKi88Vc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY3FAavrn0s

but these seem to stir something else up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U56q428amN0

I would have to say...there is a difference in the presentation of the two. The later does seem....I might have to say downright mean spirited and basically taunting (so much so I really don't see the humor in them where I find the first pretty funny. is it the translation? I don't think so) but I don't think that really changes it as I am certain I can find far more brutal examples of the first in the same vein as the later and I am sure some out there would find these examples already here in the first just as brutal as someone may find in the later.

There is a difference in the paths of the two over the years and where we are now and the world is such a mess there is reasoning in this.

Watch these testimonials for a better understanding of the dynamics of international order and the threats being faced.

The State of the World: National Security Threats and Challenges
http://youtu.be/7XmNbxAZyXw?t=11m58s

In this video, General Petraeus says the following. It is worth reading carefully:
".......We must also remember that Islamic extremists want to portray this fight as a clash of civilisations with America at war with Islam. We must not let them do that. Indeed, we must be very sensitive to actions that might give them ammunition in such an effort".

politics and religion........sheesh
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 07:45:07 PM by lucabrasi »

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 03, 2017, 12:26:52 AM »
Trump is not my president but, as a citizen of this world, his actions do affect me in two areas: working for peace and respecting the environment.

In "The State of the World: National Security Threats and Challenges"
   http://youtu.be/7XmNbxAZyXw?t=11m58s   
General Petraeus opens with how the US lead to establish a system of global alliances and a foundation for prosperity. “This is the world America made”. For that, US allies are grateful.

Among fears discussed by General Petraeus and John McLaughlin are China’s aggressive trade (and military) moves to check US influence and dominate Asia, and specifically mentions Australia if the US does not stay heavily engaged.
   https://youtu.be/7XmNbxAZyXw?t=36m28s

Did anyone notice, the same day BTW, Trump outdoing himself by hanging up on the Australian prime minister?

Sorry, but what an idiot.

From  https://psychpedia.blogspot.ch/2017/02/trump-hung-up-on-world-leader.html

Trump hung up on a world leader. A psychologist says we should be worried

“Trump acts like a child who hasn’t yet developed enough to consider anyone else’s opinion”

There are few situations where hanging up on someone mid-phone call is considered acceptable, least of all an important call between two national leaders.

And yet that is reportedly what Donald Trump did just 25 minutes into what was meant to be an hour-long conversation with Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull.

According to the Washington Post, the US President abruptly ended the call with Turnbull over his demand that the US honour the refugee deal agreed with former President Barack Obama.

Trump apparently subjected Turnbull to a torrent of vitriol (which the world has seen many a time on Twitter), became exasperated and started yelling, before terminating the conversation.

It is behaviour largely associated with stroppy teenagers who can’t deal with not getting their way, but does acting like this suggest yet another worrying red flag when it comes to the new POTUS?

Behavioural and celebrity psychologist Jo Hemmings believes Trump’s behaviour on the phone is another large indicator of his malignant narcissism.

“He has a messiah complex, no conscience, and lacks complete empathy,” she told The Independent, adding that hanging up the phone is “just like a child having a tantrum.”

According to Hemmings, most people grow out of this behaviour by the age of three or four, although there’s sometimes a reappearance during adolescence due to hormones.

“Trump acts like a child who hasn’t yet developed enough to consider anyone else’s opinion,” Hemmings says.

She believes that the President’s behaviour further suggests he’s never wanted for anything in his life or had to modify his behaviour, which has fueled his narcissism.

“Trump is clearly used to getting his own way and is very hot-headed,” she says. “He won’t see things from anyone else’s perspective and gets very annoyed when challenged.”

The President’s malignant narcissism results in a desperate need and entitlement for power, according to Hemmings, and she says Trump is likely to see no point in continuing a conversation after someone disagrees with him because he’s “massively bloody-minded.”

But as we have already seen, not all the world leaders will play his game and Trump will fall out with anyone who doesn’t agree with him, which is likely to lead to problems down the line.

“Trump thinks he’s invincible,” says Hemmings, who doubts whether his advisors will ever question or criticise him.
“Usually leaders choose the people around them to keep them in check, and Trump needs people to temper his hotheadedness and aggression. Instead, he’s picked advisors who worship him.”

It remains to be seen how other leaders will react.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 12:36:17 AM by yugi »

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #287 on: February 03, 2017, 03:01:43 AM »
I heard that when Trumpy hung up on our PM our PM kept talking to make it look like he didn't get hung up on.. So funny..  ;D

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 03, 2017, 06:12:03 AM »
DJ - I think your PM has just gone up the rest of the world's leaders' estimations.

The UK's Prime Minister seems to be floundering today in a meeting with Europe's leaders, where she is trying to sell the UK as a bridge between the US and Europe. Many of the EU leaders seem to feel that Trump would like nothing better than if the European Union collapsed, so they are not too concerned about building bridges right now.

Some of my US scientist colleagues were set to have an international conference in October this year. But concerns over Trump's policies towards foreigners means that they have now relocated the conference to the Netherlands.

I guess that a common enemy can unite different groups of people. Unintended consequences... when you push very hard in one direction you can't be sure how the pieces are going to fall.

freetobeme

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 03, 2017, 06:18:25 AM »
http://www.npr.org/2017/02/02/513126985/house-votes-to-overturn-obama-rule-restricting-gun-sales-to-mentally-ill

Its all making sense now...guns in the hands of the disturbed and polluted waterways. Im not sure which I despise more Big Pharma, Big Oil or the NRA.

Im all for individual liberties but cmon. 

And then this - https://www.boston.com/news/politics/2017/02/03/ap-fact-check-conway-cites-massacre-that-didnt-happen

Bowling Green Massacre??

Yup, the term shitsow does work here.

Can anyone expound on this??  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/03/donald-trump-plans-to-undo-dodd-frank-law-fiduciary-rule.html
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 07:08:59 AM by freetobeme »
"Everything you want is on the other side of fear" - George Addair

CoreVac Cannibal BOMB 8'8

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 03, 2017, 07:19:16 AM »
Dodd Frank? There is a lot of   short   term   money   to   be   made   before  the  economy  collapses .
Follow  the  money 

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 03, 2017, 08:02:08 AM »
Dodd-Frank needs some work, but I certainly hope they don't toss the baby out with the bathwater. It's a hell of a burden, beyond it's necessary elements.

Ditching fiduciary responsibility regulations means the administration is firmly in the pocket of Wall Street. The "more choices" nonsense is the mantra they used to try to fight the department of Labor regs.

From the book I'm writing on retirement:

There has been talk about reforming the financial industry and requiring greater fiduciary responsibility (meaning a legal duty to act solely in your interests). So far the effort has produced more noise than results. If you had any notion that congress is not bought and paid for, read the sleazy bill sponsored by Rep. Ann Wagner of Missouri that aimed at stopping the Department of Labor from moving forward on its rule to amend the definition of "fiduciary" for retirement advice. Wagner’s bill, in blatant newspeak titled the Retail Investor Protection Act, passed in the house, but apparently died in committee in the senate after President Obama threatened veto.  the Department of Labor wrote a new rule defining and regulating fiduciary responsibility, but it does not take effect until mid-2017. I listened to Ann Wagner's speech about the bill. What a lying liar--she just about made me puke. But even if the Department of Labor ruling stands under the new administration, there's no guarantee that the advice you are given will be effective, worthwhile, or honest.

Kind of odd quoting myself, but it's handy and I know the source.

The estimate for the cost to Americans saving for retirement of the inflated fees and self-serving financial "advice" is $17 billion per year. I think that's conservative.

Wall street and the banks are essentially saying that if they have to put the interests of investors first, that they won't be able to provide services. Let that sink in for a moment.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 08:16:45 AM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

all~wet

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 03, 2017, 08:17:58 AM »
Yup Pono, agreed. And my fear is that while folks are going ballistic/quibbling over semantics like is it a ban or vetting, the crowd size at the inauguration, Trump's flippant ratings comments at a prayer breakfast, his adolescent tweets- he and his WallSt.,BigOil-centric cabinet will be doing everything they can to completely untether themselves from any oversight/accountability.  Was 2008 really so long ago that we forget?

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 03, 2017, 09:04:17 AM »
I heard that when Trumpy hung up on our PM our PM kept talking to make it look like he didn't get hung up on.. So funny..  ;D

Well, with an approval rating south of 35% what's a PM to do... ;D

I may not agree with most of Turnbull's liberal views, but he certainly is a class act.

johnysmoke

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 03, 2017, 09:05:44 AM »
Whatever side you're on, this shouldn't stand. I don't see clean water as "excessive regulations."
http://time.com/4658794/congress-coal-debris-streams-approval/
SIC F14
Bark Eliminator
C4 Beachboy

all~wet

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 03, 2017, 09:13:31 AM »
Not that good stewardship of our resources/environment is an aside but... on top of "That"......... hanging on to archaic technology/energy like coal in the name of "jobs" is completely misguided. Will absolutely cripple the economy, put our nation at a huge disadvantage. An educated workforce and modern, efficient infrastructure are everything to the economy- jobssssssssseseses.

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 03, 2017, 09:23:37 AM »
... 2008 really so long ago that we forget?

apparently

The derivatives that caused the 2008 crash were just fantastically ridiculous. I'm an engineer and I work in systems for financial services. My job is to understand what business does and help them with systems (like risk management). In other words my job is to ask questions. I'm the kind of guy who is not afraid to say when I don't understand something. That industry sector is filled with egomaniacs who's greatest skill is to pretend they know stuff. Most of my questions were met with outrage. When the crash happened it answered all my [unanswered] questions. I wasn't surprised in a bit. There is a film which is close to my experience.

My biggest surprise was where was the oversight. How could that have been allowed?

It’s a fine line between having enough regulations to stop criminal activity and too much which is a hassle. No doubt.

Does a guy like Trump, the people who paid to put him in power, the cabinet he is putting in power, or his advisors have your best interests in mind? Or do they have a solid track record, and psychological makeup, of making the most for the themselves and the rest be damned?

You decide.
(get smart now, there is a clear pattern to recognise in there)

Either way. Any change to the rules will imply that systems change yet again and that is always a heavy burden and expense.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #297 on: February 03, 2017, 09:35:35 AM »
Wall street and the banks are essentially saying that if they have to put the interests of investors first, that they won't be able to provide services. Let that sink in for a moment.

First thing I thought of when I heard it....like they don't make enough $ now?
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 03, 2017, 10:00:59 AM »
^ it's been a bit damped since dodd-franck

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 03, 2017, 10:37:03 AM »

Well, with an approval rating south of 35% what's a PM to do... ;D

I may not agree with most of Turnbull's liberal views, but he certainly is a class act.
I heard Trump was in a bad mood when he called Australia because he resented having to talk to the country that Arnold Schwarzenegger came from.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal