Author Topic: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]  (Read 344541 times)

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]
« Reply #225 on: January 30, 2017, 11:39:19 AM »

President Donald Trump stepped up his criticism of financial regulations, pledging to go after the 2010 Dodd-Frank banking overhaul

This will be interesting. 

Of course, the rules could be streamlined a lot,
but a lot of mayhem could be created.

Yep.  It could very easily get way messier and be very costly to update systems and procedures which were put in place to adhere to these regulations. Very costly! I get the impression he doesn’t really think things through.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #226 on: January 30, 2017, 01:26:06 PM »
As for stopping further visas and immigration....we need to be far more picky about who gets let in...like I previously mentioned...believe in sharia...bye, bye.

I'm guessing that the overwhelming majority of Muslims trying to get here are trying to escape sharia law.

And if they can pass that test welcome. I have no concern of muslims in general, but I'd prefer we weren't bringing people here that want to tear our culture apart and replace it with their own......that doesn't just apply to sharia, orthodox/fundamentalist anything that want to force their beliefs through politics can screw. I'm certainly not happy with that part of Trumps admin.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #227 on: January 30, 2017, 01:46:16 PM »
Oh, and A10, your understanding of Islam sounds like it comes from a kids coloring book.  To virtually all Muslim sects, the worship of Jesus as god is idolatry. The reason sunnis kill shites is their low level worship of saints as representatives of God. Imagine what they think of people who worships Jesus AS god.  The "hey, Jesus is cool too" stuff is nonsense. Even Mohammed doesn't get a birthday celebration..
Wow, you and your brother are very quick to throw insults around, aren't you? I didn't say that Muslims believe in Jesus as a god. I said: "Jesus is arguably the second most revered religious figure in Islam" (after Mohammed).
And he didn't say you did...just that the worship of Jesus will get your head cut off in some places. Oh and love the false outrage about insults...from you that's funny....almost pdx level irony.... ::)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 01:47:54 PM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 30, 2017, 02:39:36 PM »
Careful Stoney, that head-chopper douche had a thick London accent.

Radicalisation stinks. It’s a distortion of a religion used for evil.

Let’s back off religious dick waving please.

deepmud

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #229 on: January 30, 2017, 03:15:13 PM »
I've read a lot of history of Asia and the Middle East. The history of Islam is particularly violent and political. It was from its very inception. Most of the successors to Mohammad were assasinated.  Yes, there are moderate muslims and secular muslims who don't deserve to be tarred with that brush. And yes, the history of Christianity and other religions is violent, brutal and repressive. But it's generally historical except for a few whack jobs. There's nothing that rises to the level or scope of Wahhabism and the general intent and scope of fundamental Islam. The brutality of sharia law should make that clear to anyone paying attention.
Well, I had to look up Wahhabism. I saw the word I wondered if that was something like Bananastan. Nope.
I looked up sharia as well tho that wasn't a new word to me I don't know lots about it. Still not convinced it is an all inclusive instruction manual to go along with the Book but I simply do not know. Seems more like an interpretation or addendum. That's always how I kind of thought it fit in I guess. Can't you take the ten commandments or any one of a number of things from the Bible and twist it in such a way it would be just as convoluted beyond recognition?  Putting the sharia law into the whole thing I guess answers my question about wondering what they are following.
Yeah, I am far more on board with what Mister Lama says.

Interesting that one of the things I read about sharia is:
"Sharia is a significant source of legislation in many Muslim countries but Saudi Arabia is the only one that practices it."
Hmmmmmm.

"Trump told the the Christian Broadcasting Network that Christian refugees would be given priority over Muslims in applications to come to the U.S.
"We are going to help them," Trump said of Christians in Syria." (ABC News.)
Yes, that is a terrible message that has been put out there. I did see that. I am not sure how you can not scratch your head at that with the message it sends. I will even go on board with the quote I just saw from Hilary. "This isn't what we are about". (ok, I didn't click and read further tho) It really just goes against the basis of why we are even a country.
What a mess.

I saw something on executive orders the other day. Most presidents do this alot in their first bit of time in office. (no, that doesn't mean I am on board with it)
Examples.
Emancipation Proclamation.
Japanese Internment.
Guantanamo.
Congress doesn't have to fund them. (guantanamo)
Supreme court has nixed them......(tho sounds like not often)
I don't know......

Not a fan of selling off public lands but I don't know enough about each instance to throw a broad brush over the whole thing. I do know that around here with the millions of acres and only a small amount of private land we are seeing our access just disappear out of nowhere the last while. They have closed off areas that have always had access (trails/roads/two tracks/etc) and not post them as closed. Vague to no explanation when people find out and it is questioned. Fall comes around and people go into these areas they have been going into for years and years and years and they get written up. The head of a forest district here came from some sort of government work and always lived back east and was never part of the forest service, public lands, etc. They chose him to run it. Imagine that. A person clueless to the way of the forest and someone from back east (hardly any public land) coming out west (public land as far as you can see) to tell us how to use our forest. This past summer they decided to plow up and bulldoze some areas to keep people out of them. Make it more apparent an area was closed I guess to keep what had happened the previous few years from having such bad press. Well, they bulldozed historical areas of the Lander Trail with ruts left from the wagon trains. These weren't secret areas. How dumb can they get? Kind of took the bad press from the previous years and amplified it. I guess what I am saying is if they are going to take away our access on public lands.........what's the use of having public land?

I think you are putting the finger on a problem the Dems didn't think was a problem - the locking up, mis"protection" of the land the public owns and uses.

This happened awhile back up here - Park Rangers acting like "illegal search and seizure" wasn't a thing - pulled guns/acted like "respek' ma' authori-TE' !! " was all they needed to jump on/arrest a citizen (70 year old guy out on the Yukon) .....

I am not sure of the final resolution on all this - it went a long way in the courts and we quit hearing about it.

Point is - this "shit show" was under Obama - the "nice guy".....This kind of frustration had me voting for Palin for Governor  - it just seemed like ANYBODY would be better than the "good ol' boys" ......

Looking back - I was wrong...... this might be part of why I'm so unhappy with Trump - he seems a lot like Palin.....say one thing to get to in, then to whatever you want to while in office .....( then quit seems unlikely this time...)

Link to the story - if you have time with ALL the stuff we have to read to try to make sense of all that is going on.....

https://www.adn.com/rural-alaska/article/feds-defend-aiming-shotgun-elderly-alaskans-yukon-river/2011/04/07/

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 30, 2017, 05:18:35 PM »
Oh, and A10, your understanding of Islam sounds like it comes from a kids coloring book.  To virtually all Muslim sects, the worship of Jesus as god is idolatry. The reason sunnis kill shites is their low level worship of saints as representatives of God. Imagine what they think of people who worships Jesus AS god.  The "hey, Jesus is cool too" stuff is nonsense. Even Mohammed doesn't get a birthday celebration..
Wow, you and your brother are very quick to throw insults around, aren't you? I didn't say that Muslims believe in Jesus as a god. I said: "Jesus is arguably the second most revered religious figure in Islam" (after Mohammed).

Here's a typical summary of the position as described by Tarif Khalidi, who is a Palestinian historian who now holds the Shaykh Zayid Chair in Islamic and Arabic Studies at the American University of Beirut in Lebanon:

"Jesus reinterpreted by the Qur'an is singled out, again and again, as a prophet of very special significance. Uniquely among prophets he is described as a miracle of God, an aya; he is the word and spirit of God; he is the prophet of peace par excellence; and, finally it is he who predicts the coming of Muhammad (pbuh) and thus, one might say, is the harbinger of Islam".

Sorry, that's nothing but bullshit.

And you are the last person I worry about insulting. Though my intent was not to insult. That's an honest reaction. If you buy that bullshit from an islamic scholar despite 2000 years of history then you'll buy anything that suits your worldview.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #231 on: January 30, 2017, 05:55:15 PM »
There have been a lot of head choppers since him Yugi.....and the head chop reference was a euphemism for just how little regard fundamentalist islamists have for other religions....which was my brothers point. Very simple....take a look at how the Saudi's treat other religions...no open practice....any items related to another religion are forbidden. How about someone converting religion in pretty much any of the Muslim majority countries.....better plan on moving to the west. Which again brings back my argument about sharia....if you believe in it don't come here. If the left hates intolerance so much why not have the test be based at least in part on a belief in tolerance?

Radicalization does stink....whether it be religion or politics. My continuing argument here which keeps being ignored is just that. I hate the far left and far right with equal passion. Hypocrisy so thick it destroys any logic. Both sides screaming so loud about getting their way...and only their way....that compromise is impossible. The pendulum just takes wild swings in either direction. This swing back to the right I'm afraid, like Trump himself, is going to be ugly and without grace.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 06:13:30 PM by stoneaxe »
Bob

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #232 on: January 30, 2017, 07:00:49 PM »
I voted for Bill Clinton. He seemed much like a JFK democrat. I was just reading his 95 state of the union address in response to some of the discussion here. It's weird reading it now. the things that he was recognized for at the time, generating non partisan ovations,  are negatives now......tough on crime, welfare reform, immigration.....funny...he sounded so much like Trump (granted with far more charm)  yet the press was giving him almost as many blowjobs as Monica.

"All Americans, not only in the states most heavily affected but in every place in this country, are rightly disturbed by the large numbers of illegal aliens entering our country. The jobs they hold might otherwise be held by citizens or legal immigrants. The public service they use impose burdens on our taxpayers. That's why our administration has moved aggressively to secure our borders more by hiring a record number of new border guards, by deporting twice as many criminal aliens as ever before, by cracking down on illegal hiring, by barring welfare benefits to illegal aliens. In the budget I will present to you, we will try to do more to speed the deportation of illegal aliens who are arrested for crimes, to better identify illegal aliens in the workplace as recommended by the commission headed by former Congresswoman Barbara Jordan. We are a nation of immigrants. But we are also a nation of laws. It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years, and we must do more to stop it."

Now we are racist dirtbags if you feel this way...... ::). The left has swung the pendulum so far out that they think the middle is the far right.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 07:17:43 PM by stoneaxe »
Bob

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 30, 2017, 07:59:26 PM »
.......and now, how dare they? Or would it be, how dare him?
During this magic week of festivities in Houston they are asking Tom Brady to explain himself in regards to Donald Trump.
hahahahahaha
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/01/30/tom-brady-donald-trump-super-bowl-li-51-patriots-falcons/97235644/
Yes, this is all important for Tom to do.......and he should look to Colin Kaepernick as an example on how this is done.
 ;)

Not a fan of selling off public lands but I don't know enough about each instance to throw a broad brush over the whole thing. I do know that around here with the millions of acres and only a small amount of private land we are seeing our access just disappear out of nowhere the last while. They have closed off areas that have always had access (trails/roads/two tracks/etc) and not post them as closed. Vague to no explanation when people find out and it is questioned. Fall comes around and people go into these areas they have been going into for years and years and years and they get written up. The head of a forest district here came from some sort of government work and always lived back east and was never part of the forest service, public lands, etc. They chose him to run it. Imagine that. A person clueless to the way of the forest and someone from back east (hardly any public land) coming out west (public land as far as you can see) to tell us how to use our forest. This past summer they decided to plow up and bulldoze some areas to keep people out of them. Make it more apparent an area was closed I guess to keep what had happened the previous few years from having such bad press. Well, they bulldozed historical areas of the Lander Trail with ruts left from the wagon trains. These weren't secret areas. How dumb can they get? Kind of took the bad press from the previous years and amplified it. I guess what I am saying is if they are going to take away our access on public lands.........what's the use of having public land?

I think you are putting the finger on a problem the Dems didn't think was a problem - the locking up, mis"protection" of the land the public owns and uses.

This happened awhile back up here - Park Rangers acting like "illegal search and seizure" wasn't a thing - pulled guns/acted like "respek' ma' authori-TE' !! " was all they needed to jump on/arrest a citizen (70 year old guy out on the Yukon) .....

I am not sure of the final resolution on all this - it went a long way in the courts and we quit hearing about it.

Point is - this "shit show" was under Obama - the "nice guy".....This kind of frustration had me voting for Palin for Governor  - it just seemed like ANYBODY would be better than the "good ol' boys" ......

Looking back - I was wrong...... this might be part of why I'm so unhappy with Trump - he seems a lot like Palin.....say one thing to get to in, then to whatever you want to while in office .....( then quit seems unlikely this time...)

Link to the story - if you have time with ALL the stuff we have to read to try to make sense of all that is going on.....

https://www.adn.com/rural-alaska/article/feds-defend-aiming-shotgun-elderly-alaskans-yukon-river/2011/04/07/
  I'm not sure if it's from 9/11 and homeland security stuff and ramped up with Obama or just what but it's really changing and seems around that timeline and just kind of snowballing. It was there a few years ago it seems but thinking back the last couple summers it was getting kind of different for a bit before you noticed. Definitely not the same going out in the woods anymore it seems. Hell, just running up and down the hiway that is in the forest. Seems when they started closing off areas around dams (some real ridiculous stuff happening with that around here) after 9/11 and has just really gotten more.......not the same since.
Trails and roads don't get rebuilt or maintained, campgrounds close down generally falling into disrepair and not maintained for a while before hand or perhaps during a high water year the river jumps it's banks and washes some away and they don't rebuild. Lots of different little things and then all these new cops or rangers or whatever they are are out there. I still can't figure out a reason to have so many forest service cops. This isn't the park, it's the forest but if you think the parks were bad with gung ho rangers before.......go check it out now. At the same time this is all happening at the advent of the four wheeler which is out there all over tho those are not in the parks.
Have had a forest service lease in the family around 90 years. They want to base the fee for the lease off of private land with infrastructure and services in nearby or same zip codes. Right in town with some comparisions. High demand, low inventory private land vs. a lease on public land where it can not be your residence and you ain't getting in without snowshoes or skis or a sled for honestly 4-5 months of the year. That's been going on for quite a few years and keeps coming up every few years it seems. Been lots of little changes over the years of what we can and can't do.
We are losing access and freedom to go into and use lots of areas and the management has been non too stellar in perception and in reality. Those are good ideas johnny. We have wrote to reps in the past regarding the lease. Never thought about it for any of this other stuff. Hell, I didn't think of it for that.  Would take a lot of thought to send something off regarding all that. Maybe a facebook page.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 30, 2017, 08:39:13 PM »
This is concise (a little too abbreviated) and correct. You should at least understand this much. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alastair-crooke/isis-wahhabism-saudi-arabia_b_5717157.html
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SaMoSUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 30, 2017, 09:02:16 PM »
This is an interesting read about the extreme vetting process before the E.O...

I think all the drama is because the status quo is being broken down now that sh!t is actually being done. Walk the talk. Change is a scary thing.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/01/i-went-through-americas-extreme-vetting-214703

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 30, 2017, 09:53:13 PM »
This is concise (a little too abbreviated) and correct. You should at least understand this much. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alastair-crooke/isis-wahhabism-saudi-arabia_b_5717157.html

I know. I grew up in a building where King Faisal would come to spend summer months. Wives, kids and servants in tow. I shared my playground with them (not that they play much). You would have loved their cars.

Saudi Arabia certainly is one place no amount of money could convince me to move to. The ruling elite impose draconian twisted sect-like rules on their people but live a completely different lifestyle. We get much of the elite in Geneva every summer where they party, misbehave and idolise jewelery/luxury goods  like there is no tomorrow. Total hypocrisy.

I hope you know that most of the muslim world thinks of Wahhabism as a pretty vile sect. Even Muhammad Ibn Abd al-Wahhab's father and brother opposed his views.  Hope you also know that the big allies of Wahhabis have been America and Britain. (Need I mention Saudi assets in the US?). Western “intelligence” (oh the irony) made a big booboo in igniting Salafi jihadism. Now how do we get that monster back in the closet? Certainly not with the religious hate Trump is stirring up.

If Trump’s goal was to create a war so that he could stay in power another term he certainly is taking the right steps.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 10:22:39 PM by yugi »

deepmud

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #237 on: January 30, 2017, 09:55:45 PM »

EDIT - I was typing while Yugi was typing - just FYI

So - question - I keep seeing posts on Muslims, and ISIS ( your link is ALL about ISIS) - I've have had Muslim neighbors - great people who left Afganistan.(EDIT: Left when the Russians invaded)   I'd trust - well, I DID trust, my children with them. When I think of the refugees, and the people with Green Cards, I think of them.

Do you mean to implicate/associate those Muslims with the ISIS Muslims? I realize, the "extreme vetting" is about stopping ISIS - but we shouldn't mistake their motives for the motives of most of the Muslims in the world -

Right? Or are you advocating that? Perhaps you don't realize it - but it is coming across like that when I read  your posts. I have co-workers who ABSOLUTELY do that and nothing I say can convince them otherwise - but then, they have voted for a guy who said "I prefer people who weren't caught" and they are extreme veteran supporting/cheerleading/advocating. Of all the things that are "not a deal breaker" that one shocked me.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 09:59:42 PM by deepmud »

deepmud

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #238 on: January 30, 2017, 10:01:30 PM »
BTW - this is much more educational of a discussion than I'm getting on Facebook - much more intelligent. Thanks.

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 31, 2017, 12:54:39 AM »
God knows.

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal