Author Topic: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]  (Read 346436 times)

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]
« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2017, 08:43:06 PM »

Stone, your willingness to excuse pretty much anything Trump does with anything Clinton is very odd.

How do you react when you see Spicer's actions?
http://www.press.org/news-multimedia/president/2017/01/npc-statement-potus-and-spicer-comments-towards-journalists

First say no one can estimate to then go on and conclude that is was the most attended ever?? Trump's attitude and threats towards the press is extremely worrisome.

Anyways...turns out Trump speech at the CIA was cheered on by his staff and not CIA.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-cia-meeting-full-support-condemns-media-isis-a7539766.html

We are in for a lot of lies and deceit. Believe me that I would be at least as critical towards Clinton if this was her attitude and actions.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: January 23, 2017, 02:12:45 AM »
Rick Perry.  Hot damn.  Can I protest that?  Shit, yes.  I'm in Portland.  If I get a band and a beer tent it could be worth a street closure.

This is a F#$# You cabinet.  It is a Billionaire favorfest.  17 people with more combined wealth than a third of Americans.  Surprise, surprise.  Bring back Brownie!

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2017, 06:56:42 AM »
I'm not excusing anything Trump does. I think the guy is a dick. I'm simply laughing at the hypocrisy you guys are displaying. Pointing at corruption in Trump while ignoring it in Clinton. You say why is Hillary being brought up....because you all voted for the corrupt liar...now you're complaining that Trump is a corrupt liar? I can support Trump in one regard...blow away the status quo in Washington...a from the ashes rose the phoenix kind of strategy. Much of what Trump represents I don't care for...but I have a couple overriding issues where we do align. Enforce our current immigration laws and rewrite them so they are practical and logical, we need a compromise solution that is good for US business and citizens. I also want to slow the roll of globalization. I don't know that I'm really going to get those from him but I do know it was going to get worse under Clinton.

I don't think Trump will be re-elected unless his policies bring about a "Huge...it's going to be Huge" improvement to the lives of average Americans. If they don't see change the guillotines will come out again. My best scenario...he fixes our immigration mess and helps slow the bleeding of globalization in his first term...then he gets booted 4 years from now and the country elects someone who is moderate and rational and we stop the partisan power politics bullshit. Much of what we see is pumped up to create the divide...the more divided the more impassioned, the more impassioned the more you will ignore the arguments of the other side regardless of how rational they might be. I don't hold out much hope though...too much invested by both sides in keeping divisions in place and because the press makes money on controversy I don't think we'll see those echo chambers changing anytime soon.

You guys are also bothered by his attitude towards the press? The press deserves his disdain. If they are so concerned about how they are treated maybe they should stick to news and facts and not try to spin everything to fit their ideology and generate clicks amongst their faithful. The press deserves a slap for how they've been operating...but of course they are doubling down. If they stop spinning things to the left (or right in the case of Fox) they'll lose what viewership they have. You point to the NPC website like it means something..."The National Press Club welcomes a healthy discussion and debate on the stories of the day. However, it's absurd and unacceptable to insult and impugn the motives of credentialed journalists for accurate reporting"   what a fucking joke....start reporting accurately and that statement means something, otherwise..STFU.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 07:24:22 AM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

johnysmoke

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2017, 09:40:16 AM »
SIC F14
Bark Eliminator
C4 Beachboy

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #139 on: January 23, 2017, 10:13:25 AM »
And there goes NATO...
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/193

United Nations actually....and I doubt this will be anything but a tool to bring pressure on the UN...which I'm not against.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 23, 2017, 10:13:50 AM »
It's scary how closely Trump fits the profile of a typical demagogue:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demagogue

surfafrica

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #141 on: January 23, 2017, 11:11:56 AM »
Not sure why everyone is so worked up. "Alternative facts" are waaaay more fun than fact facts. Wheeeee! #overheadforsure #sopitted #fishwasthisbig #earthisflat #notdrunkalternativesober #lukeiamnotyourfather #potatopotatto

50 years old, 5'7", 150 lbs, intermediate
Infinity RNB: 7'6 x 28, 95 L https://goo.gl/SqlWR4
Kronos LB: 8'10 x 26.5, 84 L https://goo.gl/4iQdps
Kronos Nano: 7'4 x 26, 81 L https://goo.gl/kAM8W6

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 23, 2017, 12:51:32 PM »
It's scary how closely Trump fits the profile of a typical demagogue:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demagogue

Nah, in order for Trump to be a true demagogue, we'd all have to be, you know, ignorant and stuff...

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 23, 2017, 01:59:38 PM »
And there goes NATO...
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/193

Saber-rattling...not for the faint of heart.

My standard reply to this type of behavior in the past would have been, here come the threats of US bond redemptions (from the international community).   But Trump has already put the world (international bond holders) on notice, he will default as needed. 

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 23, 2017, 03:56:19 PM »
On all of this stuff, I have to say, so far, right on. NAFTA is stupid. Worse than stupid--WTF is there in NAFTA that benefits the US? I think Bob is totally out to lunch on immigration, but I do believe it should be orderly. Pretty funny seeing how no one can get anything done in SoCal these days because the Mexican economy is pretty good. Instead of fifty guys standing around outside the gates of Fairbanks Ranch, there's five, and they don't look so good. Most of the stories I read in the media about immigration are stupid beyond belief. Bleeding heart stuff.

Really? Talk about tone deaf.

I also think Trump is a Dick, but dissing the intelligence community? Really. Who the fuck cares. If you've ever spent time with a federal organization you know in any meeting there are ten guys vying for the top spot, twenty guys kissing the asses of the of the ten, and four people doing the work. the four people do the work because it needs to be done. The rest are just bullshit. Showoffs, suits, and a couple of people you'd have a beer with. If you don't know that, then your experience is lacking and your opinion isn't worth spit.

DC is like France in the reign of the Sun King. A bunch of powdered, privileged, do-nothing schmucks surrounded by supplicants, with a new king who understands that there's no way he can gain their loyalty. Even if Trump is a total schmuck, the only way he can function is to co-opt them. Not just government, but the media lining up to give them blowjobs, and three layers of useless before you get to people who actually give a shit about the job.

Yeah, it needs a grenade, but it's going to be messy. And yeah, I had to really hold my nose to vote for Hillary. I understood that she would do nothing to change what needed to change. Obama lied about hope and change. With Trump I'm afraid he didn't lie.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 03:59:27 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 24, 2017, 04:51:28 AM »
The Netherlands welcomes Trump in his own words

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 24, 2017, 06:11:47 AM »
And, clearly these happy Hollanders support Trump ;D

My point is simply that there are extreme views wherever we travel...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 06:15:28 AM by Bean »

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 24, 2017, 07:57:43 AM »
The Netherlands welcomes Trump in his own words

That was great, it's true. Fantastic. I loved it. It's true.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SUP Leave

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 24, 2017, 08:29:12 AM »
Great posts ^3 above.

Ponobill is right on about a bureaucratic meeting.

It was apparent on day 1. Trump is not going to change. He is going to just keep rolling grenades at the establishment every chance he gets. Sure, some are going to roll back to him before they explode, but he is just going to pretend it didn't happen. He is also going to remain an easily offended NY Democrat. He signed some easy stuff to make his party/base happy, but I got a feeling the right is going to be scratching their head over this guy real soon.

Make paddleboarding great again!

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 24, 2017, 09:12:44 AM »
Yugi, Loved that vid!

Keystone Kops Alert.

Buy bituminous now before the price increase.

Cough cough cough!
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

* Recent Posts

post Re: Sunova Ghost 8'10 SUP
[Classifieds]
kliss99
Today at 05:01:39 AM
post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
PonoBill
April 23, 2024, 07:55:28 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 07:26:43 PM
spindrift
April 23, 2024, 07:16:46 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 06:56:28 PM
post Need a new Impact Vest
spindrift
April 23, 2024, 06:36:51 PM
post Re: Ocean Rodeo Glide-Allula
kiteboarder
April 23, 2024, 06:06:50 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 04:22:52 PM
kiteboarder
April 23, 2024, 03:07:49 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 02:59:32 PM
Dwight (DW)
April 23, 2024, 02:41:07 PM
post Re: Erik Antonson interview with Stacy Peralta
[Random]
surfinJ
April 23, 2024, 01:34:42 PM
post Fanatic 8.3 Allwave
[Classifieds]
firesurf
April 23, 2024, 01:28:40 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 01:24:35 PM
post Re: At what age did you, or do you plan to retire?
[Random]
surfinJ
April 23, 2024, 01:24:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal