Author Topic: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]  (Read 344481 times)

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]
« Reply #120 on: January 21, 2017, 06:56:06 PM »
Other protests in:

Melbourne
Macau
Ghana
Bangkok
South Africa
New Zealand
Italy
Germany
Hungary
Finland
The Czech Republic
France
Mexico

It's quite extraordinary how far the anti-Trump movement is stretching across the world. Indeed, if there is any positive to come out of this, it might be that he could unite the rest of the world, albeit unfortunately in opposition to him and the new US policies he promises.

This doesn't sound like good business to me. No wonder he's just done a complete U turn and is now sucking up to the CIA like there is no tomorrow, claiming he is "1000%" in support of them, despite having spent the last few months deriding them and claiming that the CIA Director pedals fake information.

He's also wiped billions off the value of those US-based companies he's said he will punish for using overseas labour. That doesn't sound like good business either.

Protests in Canada as well.
Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 21, 2017, 10:48:04 PM »
Wow.  Guess we should put the concerned foreign states in the electoral college, since the American President impacts so many of them, too.
2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: January 21, 2017, 11:20:54 PM »
Freedom doesn't come for free. Too many Americans have mistaken freedom for free. Foreigner's come to this country for free health care, free education, free everything they can get. Yet we hardworking citizens pay for everything. Some still pay for it with their lives, limbs, and mental well being. I look at the protesters and say, GET TO WORK. It's what made America strong.  Hopefully Trump will slow the bleeding deficit. Obama has run that printer long enough. Personally, I don't like Trump. I like the potential for change. Clinton's would have just kept the printer running and so everyone stays happy. We can't afford to print up another $700 billion. That was Obama's credit line. Oh ya, and he doesn't have to pay it back.     
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 21, 2017, 11:44:32 PM »
Wow.  Guess we should put the concerned foreign states in the electoral college, since the American President impacts so many of them, too.
Yes, of course, the natural response of a US citizen to protests in other countries is likely to be "so what?". But I think there is just an acceptance these days around the world that (a) the world economy is a deck of cards, and that American protectionism is unlikely to end well for anyone; (b) having a loose cannon with the morals of a semi house-trained polecat (to borrow a phrase from the UK politician Micheal Foot) could be very dangerous for world peace; (c) as the substantial rise in hate crimes against foreigners after the Brexit vote has shown, populations take their moral cues from their leaders. So having a self-confessed sex offender popular withe the KKK elected to the most powerful position in the world raises worries that this choice by the US populace signals a return to a less kind world where the concerns of minorities and women are ignored.

The issue of Clinton is a red herring. The protesters around the world are not Clinton supporters, and they do understand the desire by the US citizens for change. Rather, what they are worried about is the solution that the US system has thrown up. You guys got to choose between two of the most unpopular candidates of all time in US history. That's nuts. The system is clearly broken if it does not produce any options that the population wants. But that does not mean that the solution is hiring a complete newbie with a total disregard for, and lack of respect for, the things that made America great in the first place. The world is worrried that you've thrown the baby out with the bath water, basically.

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2017, 04:10:06 AM »
I don't think the people out there reporting stuff took anything away from their stupid ass polls they so gleefully followed and courted up to that Tuesday last November.
It is actually pretty funny how that was interpreted.  The average of polls http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html were only off to the actual results by 1 percent (well within the margin of error).  The polls weren't bad, people just read them as they wanted.
Hmmmm, 3.3 pre vs. 2.1 to end it. That is in the margin. No one should have been surprised nor thought a slam dunk based on that. Going down those numbers more seeing them broke out......Clinton seems to have far more favor in regards to Trump to make that small average (3.3) at the end. Not sure how that ends up that way. Maybe didn't look thorough enough. Doesn't really matter. Still a small number for anyone to consider something like an election a slam dunk. USA Today, Reuters, AP, ABC and others jump out as huge Clinton leads but many, many others as well. A few clicks more in and.......the little maps we kept seeing.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_elections_electoral_college_map.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_elections_electoral_college_map_no_toss_ups.html

It is all about how they are looked at for sure. Anyways......

NPR I guess has been running a segment called something like "these divided states" for months.
"we are so divided" "the country is divided....." Oh my word. How many times have we heard that every day when you turn on or look at anything.
Weren't these for the most part women's marches yesterday?  I guess even in other places around the world as well but especially here?

I think anyone with some sort of sense would see the thinking and reasoning behind that, organizing women's marches so the new president would see.....I don't know...as a whole the group wants to be heard. It doesn't take a genius to realize there is reasoning to organizing such a thing considering things said. 
How did they turn in to just plain "protests" and "protesters". What am I missing? Something seems different here than say....something like the people up in the Dakotas. Those are protesters. I guess you get a bunch of people together to march for a cause then they are protesting but something seems different with this and it seems the flames are getting fanned and fueled by all sorts of other things.

I think the real voice for what this whole thing was supposed to be organized for has been lost in the tizzy turning it into an anti Trump rant and nothing else.

Obama was polarizing, Trump even more so I would say.
We'll be fine if people will just think with their own head and not with the one we are getting told to think with.

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: January 22, 2017, 06:32:49 AM »
A few "sore losers" of our past prez, and not the brightest bulbs in the package.  I don't in any way shape or form believe the people in these pics represented the majority of those who didn't vote for and were not fans of our previous prez, but there were no shortage of them either.  I think referring to all the protesters now as sore losers is a bit childish.  And before anyone brings up the riots, anyone with a pulse knows good and well they do not represent the majority of us liberals.  In fact, the make us cringe. 
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 06:36:46 AM by surf4food »

IRideYellow

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: January 22, 2017, 09:13:19 AM »
I ran across this from the Standard via HuffPost.  Someone is pushing alternate reality to compliment alternate facts.

"But here's the thing: None of that matters. Obama was a terrible president who shepherded the American economy through a weak-kneed recovery, increased partisan divisions, diminished America's presence abroad, abandoned our allies, and emboldened our foes. He trapped his party inside a flaming wreckage so terrible that it enabled Donald Trump to get elected president."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/trumpism-corrupts-spicer-edition/article/2006432
Starboard WidePoint 8'10, Sunova 8'10 Speeed (Sold), Wardog  7'10 Jammer,  L41 8'8 S3 (sold), Naish Mana 10 (sold), 3 Wavestorm 9'6

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 22, 2017, 11:20:35 AM »

My friend, take it as a compliment that people outside your nation look towards your’s as an example and a leader.

Worry when nations such as China appear on a moral higher ground  than yours when it comes to caring for a planet which we all share. Who would have thought that a year ago? Helloooo. Wake up. We thought you guys were the good guys.

"China warns Trump against abandoning climate change deal"
   http://tinyurl.com/haghdc6
[edit to add] sorry, if link doesn't work try google the text and you'll get to a readable link.

We like you in the lead. Leading with science. Facts. You know, smart educated stuff based in reality.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 11:34:01 AM by yugi »

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 22, 2017, 12:58:23 PM »
So, Trump and his team pick another pointless fight with the media. I'm aware that in the US you get different media coverage than we do so this is what we are hearing:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38707722

Wow, this guy is very thin-skinned indeed. It's a gift for anyone who wants to make a name for themselves and up their web traffic. Expect the mainstream media now to go into full "wind him up to generate column inches and thereby make our jobs easier" mode. The British press in particular are notorious the world over for this kind of stuff. If Trump has even a mouse skeleton in his cupboard they'll find it and torment him night and day with it. I also expect the gap between what people inside and outside the US hear and see will start to grow even further. My US work colleagues are always surprised at how big the gap is already. Your mainstream media is much more controlled than ours.

mjb1959

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 22, 2017, 01:18:49 PM »
I ran across this from the Standard via HuffPost.  Someone is pushing alternate reality to compliment alternate facts.

"But here's the thing: None of that matters. Obama was a terrible president who shepherded the American economy through a weak-kneed recovery, increased partisan divisions, diminished America's presence abroad, abandoned our allies, and emboldened our foes. He trapped his party inside a flaming wreckage so terrible that it enabled Donald Trump to get elected president."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/trumpism-corrupts-spicer-edition/article/2006432

what in that paragraph is untrue?

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 22, 2017, 01:59:09 PM »
I guess that the emphasis is wrong. Obama isn't the reason for Trump. Trump is a symptom of a political system where you have to have squillions of dollars behind you before you can get anywhere near elected office, and (related to this) Hillary Clinton. Clinton gifted the presidency to Trump, not Obama.

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 22, 2017, 07:16:04 PM »
Perhaps I'm taking you out of context A10.  But, in the event that you are being serious, please rest assured personal wealth is not a prerequisite in US politics.  There are just too many good examples to the contrary for that to be even remotely correct.  And, HC certainly did not gift the office to DT. 

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 22, 2017, 07:45:50 PM »
And, HC certainly did not gift the office to DT.

Correct, it was the FBI that did that.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 07:47:33 PM by Quickbeam »
Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #133 on: January 22, 2017, 07:52:14 PM »
George Bush begat Obama, Obama and globalism begat Trump
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #134 on: January 22, 2017, 08:20:04 PM »
Seriously? Some web/graphics work done by a low level staffer is propaganda created by and not paid for by Trump? You really think that is indicative of how Trump operates? He is certainly a sleazebag in many ways but pointing at something like that as a reflection on him....silly. We definitely should have elected Hillary then...her IT skills (not to mention her morals) are so much better.... ::)

Are you saying this wad not directed by Trump?

You're saying it was? I'm not saying it doesn't match his style just that I highly doubt the Donald was personally picking photos. As for why Hillary is relevant to this conversation....you guys were willing to vote for her, give her a pass for email....like she knew nothing....but now Donald is directing web design on the night of his inauguration. You guys act as if Hillary wouldn't have had her own version of these kind of tactics. The only difference is that you wouldn't have had every major media pouring over everything and exposing every little detail they can in hopes of embarrassing the new president. You never would have seen it.

I have no problem with the protests.There is much to worry about with Trump as president. The comparison of elections and the response doesn't work. Protests are a progressive thing...pretty sure the folks at the Boston Tea Party were seen in much the same light by King George. The more rare conservative protester is usually further out on the fringe. There's simply not as many of them and people simply don't become  as impassioned about conservative causes.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal