Author Topic: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]  (Read 344493 times)

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2017, 01:29:07 PM »
I understand Trump hired his website designer after being impressed with p. 52 of the old Starboard catalog.

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2017, 01:41:00 PM »
I have to preface this by saying I’m Canadian, but I’m also a bit of a political junkie and tend to follow U.S. politics as well as my own. Funny thing is, on a day when you would normally think the inauguration should be what interests me, it’s not. I didn’t even look at the inauguration. Instead, I find myself looking a YouTube clips of Obama. Maybe I won’t get agreement on this, but I would think that no matter what you thought of his politics and policies, he was a pretty classy guy. Am sad to see him go.
Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2017, 02:00:12 PM »
I understand Trump hired his website designer after being impressed with p. 52 of the old Starboard catalog.
Now THAT'S funny!

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2017, 02:15:09 PM »
They had to use a picture lifted from a previous Obama event to make it look like there's a bigger crowd then there actually is. Low numbers according to my wife's friends on the ground in DC.
There will probably never be a bigger crowd than the one in '08 when we elected the first black president, everybody knew that going in. 
BTW Obama's crowd in '12 was about half that size.
It takes a quiver to do that.

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2017, 02:41:31 PM »
Probably the smallest number of supporters in modern times at the Trump inauguration.

Probably the largest number of protesters.

Probably the most rioting.

Probably the most unrealistic inauguration speech ever.

It's not a great start, is it?

supthecreek

« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2017, 03:19:23 PM »
Keep polling amongst yourselves.... it must make you feel better somehow  :)

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2017, 03:58:12 PM »
In Trump's favor regarding the low turnout--the bulk of his supporters aren't the Washington DC crowd, nor the types who'd travel far to see a political ceremony.  He drew large crowds elsewhere during the campaign.  It'd be hard to invent a politician more likely to draw a large DC nomination crowd than Obama, or less likely than Trump.

At the same time, the last time I read about crowds being exaggerated for an opening--in this case with photoshop instead of using photos from a different inauguration--was when the Church of Scientology opened a new facility in Portland.  I could imagine seeing Trump go the other way, and exaggerate how LOW the turnout was, and say it's because he's the Washington DC political establishment's worst nightmare.   

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2017, 04:44:56 PM »
Seriously? Some web/graphics work done by a low level staffer is propaganda created by and not paid for by Trump? You really think that is indicative of how Trump operates? He is certainly a sleazebag in many ways but pointing at something like that as a reflection on him....silly. We definitely should have elected Hillary then...her IT skills (not to mention her morals) are so much better.... ::)

Are you saying this wad not directed by Trump?

johnysmoke

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2017, 05:12:10 PM »
A picture is worth a thousand words...
http://wtop.com/inauguration/2017/01/trumps-inauguration-crowds-compare-photos/slide/1/
SIC F14
Bark Eliminator
C4 Beachboy

mjb1959

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2017, 05:48:27 PM »
Well apparently qclimate change is no longer a problem. https://www.whitehouse.gov/energy/climate-change

thank you DJT, in 20 years i will be eating steak every day.
i have many bets that as time goes on, we will find out "this climate change" will be no big deal.
just like the ice age they predicted in the 70's...

coldsup

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2017, 10:44:06 PM »
"Most importantly we will be protected by god."

Well, going by current standards I don't think we are in safe hands. Better off calling up 007.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2017, 02:58:45 AM »
There will probably never be a bigger crowd than the one in '08 when we elected the first black president, everybody knew that going in. 
BTW Obama's crowd in '12 was about half that size.

Crowds aside, Obama left office with a 60% approval rating.  65%) say his presidency was a success.  That is remarkable considering how polarized we are now.

supthecreek

« Reply #102 on: January 21, 2017, 05:01:08 AM »
A picture is worth a thousand words...
http://wtop.com/inauguration/2017/01/trumps-inauguration-crowds-compare-photos/slide/1/

and that would matter how?
but wait....no one  seemed quite so eager to compare crowds at the campaign rallies, between Hillary and Donald.
Odd  ::)

Facts that say a lot
Wikipedia on Obama's Inauguration:
"No one from the crowds at the swearing-in ceremony or parade was arrested on Inauguration Day. According to a senior federal agent associated with managing security, the fact that no arrests were made by any agency during the inaugural events was unheard of for a record crowd of nearly two million gathering in Washington, D.C

Trump Inauguration:
Washington (CNN)
"Six police officers were injured and 217 protesters arrested Friday after a morning of peaceful protests "

"Bursts of chaos erupted on 12th and K streets as black-clad "antifascist" protesters smashed storefronts and bus stops, hammered out the windows of a limousine and eventually launched rocks at a phalanx of police lined up in an eastbound crosswalk."

"Anti-Trump protests also broke out Friday in US cities, including New York, Seattle, Dallas, Chicago and Portland, Oregon. Authorities in Seattle say one person was in critical condition at a hospital with a gunshot wound"

Apparently the left is more than just sore losers.
so pompous and secure in the understanding of all things.

Actually, none of the speculation, crowd or Hitler comparisons mean anything to me at all.
Don't you get bored repeating the mantra???

I am waiting, with much interest, to see how he handles the job.... because unlike you..... I don't know the ending yet. :)
I have high expectations, but I actually have to see how he proceeds, now that he is in the chair.

It must be wonderful to know already... how do you do that?

johnysmoke

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2017, 05:21:53 AM »
Hey STC, I'll bet you $100 this guy is a mess. If by the CCBC of 2019 things are hunky dory, I'll donate a honey to whoever you want who's running the crossing. If shit is out of hand, ie we've started a new war, our public parks are getting stripped away, or more than the usual bs scandal, you donate a bill for my CCBC.
SIC F14
Bark Eliminator
C4 Beachboy

supthecreek

« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2017, 05:47:34 AM »
I don't have $100....I bet with my vote.

But anyway you can further the negativity.... go for it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal