Author Topic: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]  (Read 344561 times)

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2017, 01:26:00 PM »

Drain the swamp my ass: http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/16/politics/tom-price-bill-aiding-company/
"Trump's cabinet pick invested in company, then introduced a bill to help it"

This will be the most corrupt government in history.
These will just keep on coming. Like the communication advisor that was forced to withdraw after her widespread plagiarism (even for her god damn PhD dissertation!!!) were discovered.
There is just no defense for this crap.. 

mjb1959

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2017, 01:48:03 PM »
Yes,  maybe some of the Trump supporters are delighted, but I wonder if all that voted for him would do it again knowing what they know now.
pretty sure if the progressives keep moving left, he will get more votes...

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2017, 02:00:59 PM »

Drain the swamp my ass: http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/16/politics/tom-price-bill-aiding-company/
"Trump's cabinet pick invested in company, then introduced a bill to help it"

This will be the most corrupt government in history.
These will just keep on coming. Like the communication advisor that was forced to withdraw after her widespread plagiarism (even for her god damn PhD dissertation!!!) were discovered.
There is just no defense for this crap..
The most corrupt?  Really.
For those of you on the left who are certain that the Clinton Foundation is and always has been a purely benevolent charity, that does nothing but good things for the disadvantaged all over the world, then why are they closing their doors?
 Wouldn't the results of Hillary's campaign, her loss of getting back into the White House, have no effect on the foundation?
 Shouldn't it continue to do its wonderful work?

Maybe, just maybe it was never really that, they just did just enough to make it seem that way, when in reality it was something else, something that required Hillary to have her own server for fund raising while Sec. of State.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heads Are Finally Beginning To Roll At The Clinton Foundation

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/14/heads-are-finally-beginning-to-roll-at-the-clinton-foundation/#ixzz4VxaXoeES 
It takes a quiver to do that.

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2017, 02:28:49 PM »
Some more info on the Clinton Foundation should be coming out in the new Hillary Clinton autobiography, "In My Own Words" that Melania Trump has written.

supthecreek

« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2017, 04:00:26 PM »
If Donald Trump's election bewilders you, here is a great explanation of why.

Sit back, when you have the time, and listen to Mason Weaver.

There are a LOT of great thoughts in this video..... please don't think you "get it" after 3 minutes.

The video directly addresses Congressman John Lewis's remarks about Trump....
but goes much deeper into WHY he (Mason Weaver) left the Black Panther movement and became a passionate Conservative.

I am not black.... I have never seen their struggles, but I have always felt this is exactly what is wrong with Liberal "compassionate" solutions.

Please listen to the entire video.... it is VERY important to hear and contemplate his views.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faT4RHqIML8&feature=em-subs_digest

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2017, 06:17:30 PM »
The most corrupt?  Really.
For those of you on the left who are certain that the Clinton Foundation is and always has been a purely benevolent charity, that does nothing but good things for the disadvantaged all over the world, then why are they closing their doors?
 Wouldn't the results of Hillary's campaign, her loss of getting back into the White House, have no effect on the foundation?
 Shouldn't it continue to do its wonderful work?

Maybe, just maybe it was never really that, they just did just enough to make it seem that way, when in reality it was something else, something that required Hillary to have her own server for fund raising while Sec. of State.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heads Are Finally Beginning To Roll At The Clinton Foundation

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/14/heads-are-finally-beginning-to-roll-at-the-clinton-foundation/#ixzz4VxaXoeES

Why is your response to the bullshit that goes on in the Trump camp still about Clinton? She wasn't elected, and will not govern ie. cannot be the most corrupt government in US history (unless she decides to run again and she somehow manages to surpass what Trump is about to stick up the US population collective hole. 

I'll try to watch the video.

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2017, 08:08:06 PM »
I don't agree with everything MW said but he really does make some interesting points.  Nice find STC.

SUP Leave

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2017, 08:56:20 AM »
Interesting thread. I was just talking about the Clinton Foundation yesterday with my business partner and he said:

Funny how Trump and a lot of his cabinet picks are taking huge pay cuts to join the Fed, when the Clinton's are taking huge pay cuts to leave the Fed.

None of that means there won't be any corruptness in the new cabinet, but I feel better about Trumps cabinet than I do about the current one.

Our feelings about politics are largely based on our experiences. I have worked for the Federal government, and even as a young engineer the waste and abuse of the system was plainly, grossly, obvious. It shaped my world view regarding bureaucracies and their ability to actually get things done. Having moved out into private practice and run/owning a few small businesses I feel like I understand someone with a business background much better than a bureaucratic background.

I probably trust a business person more than a bureaucrat for the simple reason: A business person knows when they are screwing someone over, and a bureaulifer can screw someone over and be completely oblivious to it.
Make paddleboarding great again!

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2017, 10:49:32 AM »
Interesting thread. I was just talking about the Clinton Foundation yesterday with my business partner and he said:

Funny how Trump and a lot of his cabinet picks are taking huge pay cuts to join the Fed, when the Clinton's are taking huge pay cuts to leave the Fed.

[...]
I probably trust a business person more than a bureaucrat for the simple reason: A business person knows when they are screwing someone over, and a bureaulifer can screw someone over and be completely oblivious to it.

Well now you are just assuming a shit load. I am willing to bet that he is not as rich as he says he is...otherwise we'd see his taxes. So there is STILL that. Secondly, Trump stands to make a lot of money off of this. Apparently the same goes for his goonies.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/the_dismal_science/2017/01/how_much_will_trump_profit_from_the_presidency.html

Because you have seen waste in one organization you feel someone with no competencies is somehow better? I Mean I have worked in private and public jobs, and seen a massive amount of waste and inefficiencies in both. Maybe we should have a plumber run a multi-billion dollar tech company?

EVERY time I talk with someone who says that qualification and competencies isn't a requirement for doing a great job, will when I ask them if someone random douche off the street could do their job, they say no.

Imagine the skills and competencies required to do a great marketing campaign? Clearly someone else could learn how to do it, but any dick off the street just do a good job? Even if he had managed a set of workers before? Even if he had advisors? Nope, experience, in-depth understanding and expertise matters, in all facets. At least some basic understanding of what marketing is would be beneficial. 

SUP Leave

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2017, 02:53:46 PM »

[...]

Well now you are just assuming a shit load. I am willing to bet that he is not as rich as he says he is...otherwise we'd see his taxes. So there is STILL that. Secondly, Trump stands to make a lot of money off of this. Apparently the same goes for his goonies.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/the_dismal_science/2017/01/how_much_will_trump_profit_from_the_presidency.html

Because you have seen waste in one organization you feel someone with no competencies is somehow better? I Mean I have worked in private and public jobs, and seen a massive amount of waste and inefficiencies in both. Maybe we should have a plumber run a multi-billion dollar tech company?

EVERY time I talk with someone who says that qualification and competencies isn't a requirement for doing a great job, will when I ask them if someone random douche off the street could do their job, they say no.

Imagine the skills and competencies required to do a great marketing campaign? Clearly someone else could learn how to do it, but any dick off the street just do a good job? Even if he had managed a set of workers before? Even if he had advisors? Nope, experience, in-depth understanding and expertise matters, in all facets. At least some basic understanding of what marketing is would be beneficial.

Presidential salary is $400k, I'm sure Trump's taxes are most likely a confusing bunch of accounting stuff, but I would bet quite a bit that if you add it all up, its more than $400k/annum. Of course he and his cabinet stand a chance to make money after being in the WH, but I have no intention of reading a Slate article about that. That can easily be assumed.

Your words : Imagine the skills and competencies required to do a great marketing campaign? -Not sure what your point is, but some dick off the street managed to run a good enough marketing campaign to get himself elected president.

If your point is that we need experienced politicians my point is emphatically we don't. I want real-life experience in my politicians. Someone who has seen an actual profit and loss statement. IMO it is not meant to be a lifetime job, but a service to your country for a short period.

That is what the democrat party has done to itself. The old adage "dog-catcher to senator" is what is killing them. Republicans are much more open to second careers and politicians moving back and forth between private and public. Which is why they are quicker to load up new talent than the Democrats. Anytime someone from the outside tries their luck they get shot down from the old-guard.
Make paddleboarding great again!

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2017, 03:04:18 PM »
That is what the democrat party has done to itself. The old adage "dog-catcher to senator" is what is killing them. Republicans are much more open to second careers and politicians moving back and forth between private and public. Which is why they are quicker to load up new talent than the Democrats. Anytime someone from the outside tries their luck they get shot down from the old-guard.

When you look at a lot of the GOP candidates I guess it is relative in terms of quicker...I do not disagree with your main point in this.
I also do think that pretty much all lawmakers are imbeciles, but what the GOP senators are doing right now with health care is despicable. Voting to remove someone else healthcare while keep their own...oh man its hard to find fitting words. 

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2017, 11:41:25 AM »
"Remove healthcare" is an interesting choice of words. Obviously you mean insurance. Obamacare certainly benefits a number of people, but it applied a huge burden to a greater number of people.  It's a political clusterfuck of epic proportions, and it will be incredibly messy to replace. That's kind of the definition of clusterfuck. So what's the choice? Just live with it?

Life is self-interest. Politics raises that to the 10th power and adds bumbling. I don't fool myself about the level of self-interest in business leaders, but there is only one path to success for politicians, there are many for business leaders.  Competence and intelligence are likely to be present in at least a few of them. That would be progress.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 11:46:23 AM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

surfshaver

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2017, 03:33:18 PM »
Bill I have to say I agree with you, I have a bias toward competence (which comes from experience) and intelligence when it comes to elected leaders. 

Which is why the current situation is so disconcerting to me.  With the clear exception of James Mattis (who is reportedly already in conflict with other members of the Trump team), Sessions (regardless of what you think about his values), and perhaps Elaine Chao, Trump is filling up his cabinet with amateurs and lightweights -- loyalists, cronies, people who are to a greater extent (Carson) or completely (DeVos) unqualified for their roles.

Perhaps the best example is Trumps insistence on having Jared Kushner -- a 35 year old with no major accomplishment in life other than being a real estate heir like Trump who got over his skis in the one major business deal he did -- to have a formal role in the White House.  This is the kind of thing that happens in Banana Republics.

mjb1959

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2017, 05:00:12 PM »

Perhaps the best example is Trumps insistence on having Jared Kushner -- a 35 year old with no major accomplishment in life other than being a real estate heir like Trump who got over his skis in the one major business deal he did -- to have a formal role in the White House.  This is the kind of thing that happens in Banana Republics.
[/quote]

the last 8 years in America is an example of a banana republic, this is how we end up with DJT. when you look at Obama not working hard to bring parties together to accomplish things,  see "phone & pen".
and when historians judge the last 8 years... exactly what will remain?
not the Obamacare
not any "pen and phone" decisions
so when history looks for his accomplishments... he got Bin Laden, may be all the record there is to judge...  i am thankful for that.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2017, 05:26:59 PM »
Any elected official (or business leader) surrounds himself with cronies and sycophants. Obama certainly did. The idea that people who spent their lives in politics have some kind of expertise is a little strange. They don't do anything significant beyond the court dance of politics.

I used to really enjoy the TV show "West Wing", I considered it a reasonable approximation of the reality of political power. The remarkable thing was that the "accomplishments" of the president and his staffers was so consistently hollow. That's what I've experienced in my exposure to actual political leaders.

I'm not impressed in any way by Trump, except that he is willing to throw monkeywrenches in every direction. It will be an interesting time.  At the very least, watching the increasing insanity in the liberal press is entertaining. They really have a very light hold on reality.

Kuchner is deeply connected. He's the classic inside man. No different than Obama's choices other than the nature of the connections.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal