Author Topic: Downbreezing Scotland - Loch Lomond  (Read 4789 times)

Twofeetpete

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Downbreezing Scotland - Loch Lomond
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2017, 07:13:49 AM »
Hi, thanks for all the comments, happy to take constructive points on my paddling or lack of technique, or if your a close pal just say it as it is ;D Its not fun seeing myself on video so there is my motivation for this year, along with loosing a few stone and hopefully I will post a better video later , Technique wise, in the year or Off-Shore will  ;). Flat water or light breeze paddling is my weakness, I enjoy a good 40-50mph downwind but primarily stick to sup surfing. Loch Lomond produces two foot waves and glides in excess of 25m on a good day, I have a five mile route which picks up the most swell and is safe too. I am lucky enough to have friends with a wake board boat and we have been having fun days on the sups behind that on flat days on the Loch . Well this is my first post on this forum and I am sure it wont be the last.
Starboard Drive 10'5, Starboard Nut 9'5.

Off-Shore

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • HksupaHK SUP and Downwinding
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2017, 05:37:12 PM »
Cockle Let Rip (CLR) - Welcome to the Zone! There is plenty of information here and those willing to assist in probably every endeavor you may possibly encounter in life as I have found out. From improving paddle technique to what type of computer to upgrade to, from who does the best cover songs to how to deal with difficult people (in the line up or otherwise). Really you can change your homepage from Google to the Zone and you will be better served and more knowledgeable  ;).

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to my next visit to Loch Lomond, or the Forth, or it seems now, the Sound of Iona not once, but several times in 2017, and since we have the great Robert Stehlik coming to Hong Kong for a short while next weekend, I'm going to brush up on my paddle and downwind technique with him so I can pass his Yoda-like wisdom onto you when we next paddle together.  ;D
SB 9' x 33' x 4.1" - RPC 9'8" iSUP - SB All-Star 12'6" - Blue Planet Bump Rider 14 - SB Ace 14 x 27 - RedAir 14' Elite Race - SIC Bullet 14v1 TWC - SICMaui F16v3 Custom

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/HksupaHk_SUP_and_Downwinding

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2017, 11:00:14 PM »
welcome to the zone, ripper

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal