Author Topic: SUP Goals for 2017  (Read 12985 times)

WhatsSUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
SUP Goals for 2017
« on: January 05, 2017, 08:21:25 AM »
Note to self - My SUP goals for 2017:

- Be able to Hang 5 on my B&B on a somewhat consistent basis,
- SUP surf on at least a couple of new spots,
- Start turning out of rides before closeout,
- Buy either a Speeed or Skate for non-JL B&B days,
- Lot's more time/sessions SUP surfing!
- Meet more Zoner's!

Seems pretty attainable...we'll see come December 2017!

You guys?
Jimmy Lewis B&B Flat nose 10'1"
Sunova Creek 9'4" 
TAVA 11'2"
NSP Element 11'
KeNalu Wiki paddle
Kialoa Insanity paddle
Misc other paddles

GOTWAVZ

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: SUP Goals for 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 09:28:56 AM »
Goal #1 - go sub 100 Liters.....and its on order.....ill let you know how it goes.
Goal #2 - lose 10 more pounds (lost 27 last year), get back to my highschool wrestling weight
Goal #3 go sub 90 Liters...oh thats 2018 :)
HB, CA, Oahu, HI
JK 7'-8' x 28"x 4" = 99L
JK 7'-10" x 41/4" = 106 L
Joe Blair Gun 8-10" x 28 x 4 1/4
198 lbs - 5'-9"

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 09:37:03 AM »
I've got a few minor goals but my MAJOR goal is to sell my Hobie and replace it with another sup.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 10:03:12 AM »
Surf Trails and Santa Barbara breaks more.
Hopefully avoid dinging current boards. Not having quiver envy is kind of nice.
Sup surf with my nieces and nephew when they visit.
Drop weight, gain endurance, eat healthy and have fun surfing with Mrs. Slatch every chance we get.

NateNate

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 10:58:12 AM »
1. Paddle 4 times a week
2. Learn to carve back n forth (not up and down)
3. Learn to smack the lip and land
4. NOT PURCHASE anymore SUP boards or SUP related equipment.

In 4 months I've bought 4 boards, 3 paddles (Werner/QB/budget), boots, gloves, 2 leashes, SUP holder, car rack & straps, 2 stomp pads, 4 wetsuits (used spring broke, new spring, full, full/hoodie), ding repairs, deck pad replacement, and I hope I'm done for the year. New Kings Laser is on the horizon but closer to 2018.

robon

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 11:06:22 AM »
My goals are mostly touring/expedition related. Won't get all the trips in, but a few for sure. I want to do some river surfing and run rapids more often this year.

Lake Pend Oreille expedition- Idaho Pan Handle
West Arm of Kootenay Lake to the east shore-Crawford Bay-Kuskanook.
Chatham Islands - Discovery Island trip - Vancouver Island.
Trout Lake- Kootenays
Revelstoke to Castlegar on Arrow Lake - Kootenays.
Trail to Castlegar - Columbia River- Kootenays

I want to get another board or two. Surf style 10'6" to 11'6" for river cruising and rapids when water is higher. Inflatable for river running/travelling. Maybe a sportier do everything board to replace my Glide and perhaps a bigger touring board.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 11:27:31 AM by robon »

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 02:22:01 PM »

No goals to speak of here other than maybe as spring gets closer keeping thoughts of a custom Hammer or another board out of my mind. (hahahhaha.....good one)

Yeah Robon......I was looking at Bayview with some float houses for rent last summer which is near Farragut (I looked it up). Could be a good starting point as well. I couldn't convince my wife and daughter that staying on the float house for a few nights was a good idea. That area to Sand Point sounds like an awesome and doable excursion. That part of the country is still on the list for this summer. We will definitely be back sometime. We ended up on Twin Lakes last summer for a week and really, really, liked that as well. Year before just south at Hayden. Something with more public land around it for an excursion would be awesome. That whole arm looks pretty much like it. I have wanted to see the sub testing area the navy has there as well. If we heading up north that way I will holler. Good luck on your goals. Just as the weather and everything really sets up the days start getting shorter and summer just has this way of slipping away before you know it........

robon

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 02:57:48 PM »

No goals to speak of here other than maybe as spring gets closer keeping thoughts of a custom Hammer or another board out of my mind. (hahahhaha.....good one)

Yeah Robon......I was looking at Bayview with some float houses for rent last summer which is near Farragut (I looked it up). Could be a good starting point as well. I couldn't convince my wife and daughter that staying on the float house for a few nights was a good idea. That area to Sand Point sounds like an awesome and doable excursion. That part of the country is still on the list for this summer. We will definitely be back sometime. We ended up on Twin Lakes last summer for a week and really, really, liked that as well. Year before just south at Hayden. Something with more public land around it for an excursion would be awesome. That whole arm looks pretty much like it. I have wanted to see the sub testing area the navy has there as well. If we heading up north that way I will holler. Good luck on your goals. Just as the weather and everything really sets up the days start getting shorter and summer just has this way of slipping away before you know it........

Hey, Cool you liked that area and hope you make it back. I googled some kayak trips on Lake Pend Oreille and it's a sweet body of water to tour. I've done some short paddles around Sand Point and it's a nice lake. Very doable for paddling the whole lake in a relatively short time. It's a good size but not very long. The Clark Fork Delta on the East side would be a good area to explore because the river becomes quite braided with some islands and it's reportedly good for viewing wildlife. Not sure what the current is like late summer, so it could be possible to paddle upstream or just start upstream and do a trip to the lake. I might be making a couple trips out that way. Bigger Tributaries can become full day trips or more.

http://www.sandpointonline.com/rec/lakeguide/paddling.html

« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 03:04:27 PM by robon »

krash

• Rincon Status
  • Old fugger who loves to fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2017, 03:12:29 PM »
Catch more fish.. add
-Snakehead
-Clown Knife Fish
-Sunshine Bass
- Looking for at least 1 BineFish or Permit a month...

Get a job and make enough to get a better fishing SUP...
Old fugger who just likes to fish

Off-Shore

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • HksupaHK SUP and Downwinding
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 04:24:30 PM »
I'm going to keep my 1,000 kms goal again for this year for SUP paddling, and then aim to downwind in Maui/Ohau, South Africa, and Hood River in 2017.. and meet more Zoners
SB 9' x 33' x 4.1" - RPC 9'8" iSUP - SB All-Star 12'6" - Blue Planet Bump Rider 14 - SB Ace 14 x 27 - RedAir 14' Elite Race - SIC Bullet 14v1 TWC - SICMaui F16v3 Custom

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/HksupaHk_SUP_and_Downwinding

exiled

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 04:41:03 PM »
Working on:
Improve my backside technique enough to throw spray on turns.
Get down to an 8'0x28 board
Establish myself at two more breaks
Surf some triple overhead waves.

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2017, 06:35:18 PM »
I have a few:

1) Finish writing The Young Person's Guide to Standup Paddling and have my wife illustrate it.
2) Do more long distance paddles (20+ miles).
3) Take SUPing GoPro movies and share with my buddies.
4) Do some more events.
5) Keep working on my technique.
6) I'd love to do an overnight!
Pau Hana 11' Big EZ Ricochet (Beluga)

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2017, 06:10:28 AM »
Goal's for 2017:

1) 10th Annual Cape Cod Bay Challenge (CCBC #3 for me - promised Stoneaxe I'd use that Naish I won last year)
2) log more training and surf days than any prior years
3) try to get my daughter and family out on SUP's more this summer (inflatable in pool doesn't count)
4) enjoy everything more with less stress (life's too short to not live it to the fullest)
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
Custom Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2017, 08:29:46 AM »
This year I plan to do a better job of recording miles. I think 2000 miles is do-able. I THINK it's about what I do, but the only way to know is to log it. Of course, I started off the year with a couple of surf sessions that I didn't log, including an eight-mile paddle along Mission Beach. And so it goes.

I'm also planning to do the CCBC, and I need to train for that. We'll be at Canyon Lake until March, which should make training for long miles pretty easy.

I want to race more than last year. I'm going to check out what's going on in Socal for racing.

Lose 30 pounds and keep and/or add muscle. Of to a lousy start with the holidays and my birthday, but I'm back on track starting today (fasting for at least a day).

Other than that, I'll just keep having a great life and great friends and family.

Oh, and I need to finish my retirement book and publish "Riding Anouk".
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

ukgm

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2017, 09:30:39 AM »
My goals.

1) 3% improvements in raw speed (~0.3kph) in my flatwater training sessions from now until my peak races in April/May.

2) A top 3 in my age group at a national championships in the Naish one design class.

3) A top 3 in the 40+ age group at any national series race on the 14ft.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal