Author Topic: what down wind board?  (Read 2403 times)

haydie

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
what down wind board?
« on: February 04, 2009, 07:08:38 AM »
My problem is i cant try out any boards as i'm not in the USA. But what board maker would you guys recommend?

1. Ron house
2. bark
3. Richmond
4. penetrator (i know not in the us but still far away from me (scilly isles))

17 foot is my limit on length. Weight wise i'm the wrong side of 200lbs.

Please help me decide.

conditions will be windy and rough, and flat water stuff.

thanks hayden

noworrieshawaii

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: what down wind board?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 12:53:32 PM »
What about the Naish? Never ridden one but they look kinda cool.. Couple folks here ride them and like em.

12' Naish Glide

Velasco

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 08:45:42 AM »
I've tried the Glide - good board if you're limited in length you can store.

The guys who let me try the glide spoke very highly of the prototypes for the 14' Bark.  May be an option if you have access to a dealer who is in the Surftech network.

If you go custom, the sky is the limit (the Footes look very good as do the SICs - but the feedback I've gotten from my friends on Oahu is the unlimited Barks are killing it right now in windy-downwind conditions), but keeping in the production realm, I would go with the surftech bark 14'

Ronan "Doc Jacobs"

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 12:45:06 PM »
Hi Hayden
There are also a 14' Naish on the way, a Starboard 14' and 15'. I suffer the same problem, being just on the other side of the Channel(Brittany)and can't try boards. If you find means to contact Joe Bark, I'll be interested to buy a 12'6" or a 14' and we could share the shipment, but I guess there's such a hype on those long-distance boards that the domestic market will feed the board builders for a while.
Consider that for our waters, we might need more canoe/prone paddleboard-like boards(Bark, Stuey Campbell, Richmond) than downwinders
As for myself, I wait a little knowing the stock models will reach Europe one day

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal