Author Topic: One SUP 17'7 Unlimited downwinding VID  (Read 19462 times)

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: One SUP 17'7 Unlimited downwinding VID
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2016, 01:59:25 PM »
I know that you guys are so righteous and fair. Perhaps you have complained to every single magazine, manufacturer's website, and videos... whenever a man or a woman wasn't wearing a leash or a PFD.

Anyone seeing what I am seeing "just right there on the RIGHT SIDE OF YOUR SCREEN"?
Do you guys see the Makai ad on this page?
Do you guys see a leash?
Have you complained about it?
Did you even think about complaining about it?

Hypocrite is probably a better ref. than a "dick" - but please, go on.

mine is on the left so your argument doesn't apply

I don't view it as complaining but rather suggesting.

I think the overwhelming consensus that came out of the "leashs save lives"  debates is that it is a good suggestion that industry and magazine (website) photos show a leash worn. Yes, competent riders in conditions where they don't need them will be annoyed and during the change there will be some bickering. But it still is a good idea. People are stupid and it will make a difference.

You may complain about our suggesting if you like but we will keep giving you shit.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 02:01:23 PM by yugi »

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2016, 02:32:49 PM »
I know that you guys are so righteous and fair. Perhaps you have complained to every single magazine, manufacturer's website, and videos... whenever a man or a woman wasn't wearing a leash or a PFD.

Anyone seeing what I am seeing "just right there on the RIGHT SIDE OF YOUR SCREEN"?
Do you guys see the Makai ad on this page?
Do you guys see a leash?
Have you complained about it?
Did you even think about complaining about it?

Hypocrite is probably a better ref. than a "dick" - but please, go on.

mine is on the left so your argument doesn't apply
Mine is right in the middle.  oops I see you were referring to the ad.

angiepangie

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2016, 03:35:49 PM »
Anyways back to the boards. Yesterday was my first time on an 17'7 unlimited and WOW i had the best fun ever. Here are some of the times we logged on this beast. It truly was so much fun. Happy Paddling and Merry Christmas - Angie Jackson

LaPerouseBay

• Teahupoo Status
  • downwind dilettante
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2016, 03:47:18 PM »
^ Wow!  that's flying!   

Support your local shaper

Off-Shore

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • HksupaHK SUP and Downwinding
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2016, 06:29:18 PM »
^ That is what is possible on big boards in big conditions, and why the grin factor on 17+ boards is ear to ear.  ;D
SB 9' x 33' x 4.1" - RPC 9'8" iSUP - SB All-Star 12'6" - Blue Planet Bump Rider 14 - SB Ace 14 x 27 - RedAir 14' Elite Race - SIC Bullet 14v1 TWC - SICMaui F16v3 Custom

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/HksupaHk_SUP_and_Downwinding

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2016, 10:12:40 PM »
PhotoFR, you're ignoring a simple reality. If I chose to do a downwinder without a leash (unlikely) it's a simple, personal choice. Take a video of it, revel in my freedom. So what? Yeah, I'm a jerk, but I'm not trying to sell anything, I'm not trying to present my company as a professional and capable organization.

What most people are saying here is that it's not very bright for a manufacturer to show people downwinding without a leash. That's simply true. Some people go a little further, but that's their opinion. No one said Jacko is a super bad guy out to destroy the industry--well, I guess he did, but that was just part of being condescending about the issue.

In my unpleasant career as a professional bullshit artist, I've had a front row seat too many times, watching businesses damage their reputation and harm their sales because they choose to argue or poke fun at legitimate concerns expressed by customers and potential customers. They'd be better off ignoring such issues. But if they choose to confront it, the useful approach is "I've heard your concerns and I understand them. We'll take them seriously."

No commitment, no argument, go about your business. Shitstorm over. Or you can roll around in it, and express your contempt, but don't expect to make friends and increase the customer base. True in any business.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2016, 12:39:02 AM »
Wow Angie, is that average speed? Looks like you are never dropping off planing. Sweet. How windy was it?

photofr

• Peahi Status
  • Dakine… fun
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Outdoor Photography
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2016, 01:21:22 AM »
PonoBill: Yeah, everything you say ^ above pretty much makes sense to me. It seems logical, and actually very well put.

Call me old or somethin' somethin' - but it's a darn shame that we are nearing 2017 and can't make the distinction between an AD showcasing glide and a SAFETY AD.

Yope: ads in the 70's were a lot more pleasant to look at: motocycle without helmets, a couple in a park enjoying their bike with their hair flapping in the wind, someone drinking a beer on national TV, etc...

Our current generation sometimes referred as "degenerates" will soon be promoting a 6-men canoe all wearing helmets and life 150 newton life vests while crossing the Molokai Channel.

Too bad the distinction can't be made - it's just sad.
Nelo SUP - 14' x 23"
Nelo Surfski 560M - 18'4" x 17"

coldsup

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2016, 01:46:36 AM »
Anyways back to the boards. Yesterday was my first time on an 17'7 unlimited and WOW i had the best fun ever. Here are some of the times we logged on this beast. It truly was so much fun. Happy Paddling and Merry Christmas - Angie Jackson

You see - you can go that fast and have a grin the size of America....be stoked out your brain......and wear a leash at the same time. 8) 8) Have a good Xmas.

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2016, 01:57:47 AM »
Nice play by the way, Angie, taking the conversation back to the boards and ignoring the noise.

So... how wide are they?
Are the spec up anywhere?
How much wind did you have for those averages?

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2016, 03:36:19 AM »
Angie's reply to that question..

Widths are 24 25 26 Volumes are 335lt ? 379lt 
Sorry I don't have the 25 Lt on hand atm.   
There also is the option for u to go wider if needed.   
They are super stable. 

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2016, 07:55:09 AM »
Since there are three widths for these boards, how much do the three different width boards weigh? Cost would be nice to know too.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

angiepangie

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2016, 02:38:40 PM »
Hi Night wing,

The Australian RRP on the 17'7ft Unlimited ONE is $4400.00

We have worked extremely hard the last 2 years to get this right so everyone can enjoy unlimited board at 14ft prices!

The wind on that particular day was gusting 20knots to 25knots, Ocean Bumps.

Current weight is 15kg and they are super stiff.

This is the first time i have been on this board with rudder hahaha and I'm so excited to get more time on it.

Still waiting on some reply's from Shops in the USA that might be interested in ONE. So far we have distributors and boards available in New Cal, Tahiti, Korea, Australia and looks good for Europe aswell.

Website is still in the works but its www.onestanduppaddle.com for those interested.

Looking forward to a great 2017

XX angie
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 02:43:23 PM by angiepangie »

coldsup

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2016, 01:46:12 AM »
Nice and colourful website Angiepangie.....looks the business. Great visuals too.

I found it hard to read the print on the page about you guys....hope that is helpful since you said that it was in progress.

Happy paddling.

UKRiverSurfers

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2016, 03:49:26 AM »
two words folks

BLAME CULTURE
SIC Bullet 17v2 Custom
Richmond Custom Carbon 16'
Starboard Point 14'8
Starboard K15