Author Topic: Neck entry wetsuits ..any tips?!  (Read 8250 times)

NateNate

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
Re: Neck entry wetsuits ..any tips?!
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2017, 12:02:28 PM »
Have a 4/3 hoodie front zip that works great right now for the cold weather. Not a big struggle to get off, just do one arm first as suggested. However on my 3/2 O'neill reactor back zip. The damn back doesn't always hold & the zipper up. I had to use that suit the other day because my 4/3 was still wet. I got blasted on my back by a wave & my whole damn body was cold & soaked because the zipper doesn't hold up. I suppose I can safety pin the zipper least to my collar but wasn't looking to put holes in it every time I use it.

HaHa SUPvol - Just last week i had it up to my chest & realized shit was backwards. Laughed at myself and was glad nobody was around.

outcast

• Peahi Status
  • Ambassador for Nihilistic Surf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2017, 04:15:55 PM »
They do rip at the shoulder eventually....the fabric is thin there
I have quit being a super live by-the-code-surfer and ask for help over the shoulder when i can ...to prolong the life of the suit.
If someone grabs that with two hands, it distributes the tearing force vs pulling down wtih one hand
I know it's a wus move, but i want them to last

but SO much better/dryer  than a back zip...

On Xcel now...Rip Curl more flexible and fun, but the seams don't seem to hold as long, and the zippers always broke for me

Too many for the rack
Some in the shack
Some under decks
Some have straps

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2017, 07:11:32 AM »
Received a long sleeve rashguard as a gift. Changes everything. Everyone in the multiverse who is in heavy winter hooded suits should IMMEDIATELY buy one!
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

robcasey

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Salmon Bay Paddle
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2017, 04:10:03 PM »
Know the feeling. I have a 5.5 x 4mm RipCurl. I prefer back zips but in extreme cold this fleece lined suit does the job.

- Wear a think rash guard under to help slide your sleeves on and off (really helps). I also do polypro for cold days.
- Or plastic bag around your hand then shove it through (and feet).

Rob Casey
Salmon Bay Paddle
PSUPA
Seattle

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal