Author Topic: What SUP gear is Santa going to bring you?  (Read 5658 times)

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
What SUP gear is Santa going to bring you?
« on: December 17, 2016, 05:08:40 PM »
For me it's a wetsuit and maybe some SeaSpec surfing sunglasses.  How about you?
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
Re: What SUP gear is Santa going to bring you?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 05:09:19 PM »
GoPro Session and maybe some 6.5 mm booties!
Pau Hana 11' Big EZ Ricochet (Beluga)

Glowmaster

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 05:46:06 PM »
booties like Supcreek.  Wait, I bought them myself!

thanks Rick.

ee

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 07:16:15 PM »
I'd be happy with some waves.
2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 07:34:30 AM »
I'd  be happy with another sup. But I'll have to make room in my garage for that. I'm working on a plan starting in January and hope "the boss" doesn't find out about it.  ;)
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

supdiscobay

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 07:59:04 AM »
A swell and clean conditions on the same day. It seems like we have had one or the other for awhile, but not together.
8'5" Starboard Pocket Rocket, 8'0" Kazuma Fugu custom,  8'10" Kings Sidewinder, 10' Starboard Noserider, 14' BARK Carbon Dominator, SIC F16 V3, KeNalu and Quickblade paddles, 19' Eaton Prone, 67" Goode 9700

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2016, 08:20:08 AM »
Nuttin'. I kind of hate gifts. They tend to be random stuff that you can never get rid of. I'm in the simplification stage of life. I really had to dig to think of something Diane could give me for my birthday. I am looking forward to the Inspire 2 though. And I just bought a new TuffSew sewing machine for building some prototype stuff. Not sure how that fits in with the simplification scheme. Now I'm going to have to get some strong reading glasses--threads are damned hard to see.

See what I mean--one thing leads to another. Now I'm going to have three strengths of reading glasses and I'll be searching for the right pair constantly.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

krash

• Rincon Status
  • Old fugger who loves to fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2016, 08:20:55 AM »
None, UI usually just get a hunk of Coal !!!!
Old fugger who just likes to fish

Easy Rider

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2016, 09:41:29 AM »
Nuttin'. I kind of hate gifts. They tend to be random stuff that you can never get rid of. I'm in the simplification stage of life. I really had to dig to think of something Diane could give me for my birthday. I am looking forward to the Inspire 2 though. And I just bought a new TuffSew sewing machine for building some prototype stuff. Not sure how that fits in with the simplification scheme. Now I'm going to have to get some strong reading glasses--threads are damned hard to see.

See what I mean--one thing leads to another. Now I'm going to have three strengths of reading glasses and I'll be searching for the right pair constantly.

So you would say no to a DJi Mavic?    :)
Easy Rider is the name of my store in Edmonton, AB, Canada.
My name is Warren Currie . . . and we SUP Surf indoors . . . in a shopping mall!

mtnbkr

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2016, 03:16:10 PM »
A couple of boards  :)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2016, 03:34:59 PM »

So you would say no to a DJi Mavic?    :)

Yup. I really have enough drones. I probably wouldn't have gone for the Inspire 2, but I tried adding some new sensors to the stuff I have to do obstacle avoidance and found I don't have enough processing power--and my software skills aren't up to the challenge--and my wife was going a little crazy about getting me something for my 70th Two birds with one stone. .
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

southwesterly

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2016, 03:47:31 PM »
Santa arrived early this year with a really good sandbar at a place where there hasn't been one in years.

Really turned the tables around. Now I'm looking for high tides.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2016, 03:59:32 PM »
Hey, I'd go for a decent swell. This one to three-foot stuff isn't really floating my boat. I don't mind the one hour drive to the beach, that's fine, but when you get there and it's a messy ripple then I'm not thrilled. Cough up some swell, Santa, and we're square.

By the way, 2 to 3 feet in California doesn't mean what it means in Maui. Just thought you should know. Good thing there's cams here because the forecast is BS.

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2016, 05:00:57 PM »
Welcome to California, the land of hype. I put more faith in internet news than I do in commercial surf forecasts. The long range hype is good for trends, but I mostly rely on buoys and models for the near term and present.

Check out this model for what is happenig now.
http://cdip.ucsd.edu/recent/model_images/socal_now.png

Southern California buoys here.
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/?lat=32.331074&lon=-118.163501&zoom=8&type=h&status=r&pgm=&op=&ls=false

And a good computer generated forcast of both wave height and and energy here.
http://www.surf-forecast.com/weather_maps/California

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2016, 05:07:22 PM »
Gee, it looks like there actually IS some swell on the way. Why doesn't Surfline indicate that. Hmm. Maybe a little thread creep here.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal