General > The Shape Shack

Jimmy Lewis board construction videos.

(1/11) > >>

Badger:

These were posted over on the Breeze.

Night Wing:
A most interesting and informative set of board building videos. I found it most enjoyable to watch.

Thanks for taking the time to post all three videos.

Badger:

PonoBill:
Really good stuff. Jimmy has his own unique approach. Some very interesting ideas. I wonder why he doesn't just do vacuum bagging though--it's a bit more work and materials, and I've tried the barrier-only approach a few times, especially for small stuff, but I sure like the lower weight and better incorporation of the layers. He probably simply likes his own approach and it certainly works for him. It's not money, that's for sure. Jimmy lives a relatively simple life and I doubt anyone in the world sells a lot more boards.

Wetstuff:
Gotta say this was one very generous gesture from Jimmy Lewis. Most people at his level in any given industry would never provide this sort of demonstration/education to plebs.  Building boards may not be curing cancer but information like this is gives us - boarders - a better sense of our roots.  Great stuff.   Badger ..you should put this in General Discussion for wider exposure.   It's one of the better recent postings.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version