Author Topic: Anyone know what off-the-shelf spray paint will match a WHITE Hobie CMLB sup?  (Read 2307 times)

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
I need to fix a couple dings on an older WHITE 9' Hobie CMLB (Colin McPhillips Long Board) and was wondering if anyone knows if there is an off-the-shelf spray paint that will match it? It's not a pure white and seems to have a little grey or blue in it. I made a few calls to Hobie dealers and no one knows so thought I'd try the Zone.

Thanks

You can kind of see the little bit of grey or blue in the white starting at 01:07 in this video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPkhWOoNpLg
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 11:52:58 AM by magentawave »
Pluto Platter: 7-10 x 29.25 x 4.25 x 114.5 liters

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Match? We don't need no stinkin' match. All you want paint for is to fill any porosity that your ding repair left. Yellow works best.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Match? We don't need no stinkin' match. All you want paint for is to fill any porosity that your ding repair left. Yellow works best.

Yellow on a white board? Hah hah! Match is mo bettah for resale value. Hobie called me back and said Krylons Arctic White might work.
Pluto Platter: 7-10 x 29.25 x 4.25 x 114.5 liters

J-Bird

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Can't speak to the color match of your board, but can say that I have used Krylon for repair work on some windsurfers back in the day and the Krylon worked very well in that application, as far as adhesion and holding up to the elements over time.  Good luck.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal