Author Topic: Logic check: Gooru vest just in case.  (Read 16596 times)

Subber

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Logic check: Gooru vest just in case.
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2017, 02:06:08 PM »
https://youtu.be/i6xQ3xwECSo?t=1m14s

You've saved me years of torture lol!

Glad I remembered your post.

I have a Matuse vest - with no zipper.
Easy on, impossible off by myself, I thought.
Only  1mm thick so didn't want to pull on it to hard.

Awesome, the Technique works!
Jimmy Lewis Black & Blue Noserider 10'1"x31"x4.25," 164 liters, 24 lbs, 1 box
Pearson Laird Surftech Longboard 10'6"x23"x29.75"x18"x4.375," 154 liters, 24 lbs, 3 boxes
Takayama Ali'i II Surftech 11'x21.375”x28.5”x17.25”x 4.25,” 162 liters, 26 lbs, 3 boxes

manta

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2017, 10:31:17 PM »
I've fractured my ribs twice in less than a year SUP surfing. Both times were just weird accidents.
I'm going to invest in a Gooru and minimise the chances of a third break.

jpeter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2017, 04:22:56 PM »
I have the Dakine zippered vest (surface vest).   I have only used it for windsurfing on winter days so far.  Plan on using it for SUP.  FYI the sizing on this vest is odd.   I have broad shoulders but I am thin.   Take a mens large tall in a shirt.  I tried these on in the store and ended up with XXL.  I wear it on the outside of my suit,  and it fits well.   Extra float is nice when waterstarting and keeping your hands out of the 40 degree water.
JP

Board Stiff

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2017, 01:39:27 PM »
I picked up a Gooru vest a few weeks back when the price dropped a bit on Amazon, and I finally got a chance to try it today. It fits snugly, but is easy enough to get in and out of. I wore it under my wetsuit, so it stayed in place until I took it off afterward.

The extra buoyancy it provided was nice. I could duck under a wave if I needed to but would pop right back up and float effortlessly with my head well out of the water and the tops of my shoulders just above the surface. The float made it easier to grab my board and climb back on with less effort to pull myself up and out of the water.

I fortunately did not need to test its impact protection, but with a strong offshore breeze flipping my board in the air any time I missed a wave and fell, it was nice to be able to protect my head with my arms and worry a little less about leaving my ribs exposed.

WhatsSUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2017, 04:31:04 PM »
Zoner's:  For what its worth...just did a giggle search for "O'Neil Gooru Vest" at found them at The-House.com for $59 and change w/ free shipping, so figured for that price I'd pull the trigger.  Got an XL and the site indicated there were "two XL remaining".....if anyone's in the market.

8)
Jimmy Lewis B&B Flat nose 10'1"
Sunova Creek 9'4" 
TAVA 11'2"
NSP Element 11'
KeNalu Wiki paddle
Kialoa Insanity paddle
Misc other paddles

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal