Author Topic: The electoral college  (Read 17545 times)

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: The electoral college
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2016, 03:17:09 PM »
I don't know about the map, but Snopes, like CNN, are shills for the status quo so I don't consider them credible.
What *do* you consider credible?

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2016, 04:32:12 PM »
I don't know about the map, but Snopes, like CNN, are shills for the status quo so I don't consider them credible.
What *do* you consider credible?

Thanks to the internet there are so many great independent sources for news and information now. Here are just a few: The Tom Woods Podcast: http://tomwoods.com/podcasts/. www.lewrockwell.com, www.corbettreport.com, www.reason.com, NewsBud: https://www.youtube.com/user/boilingfrogspost/videos, Free Thoughts Podcast: https://www.libertarianism.org/podcasts/free-thoughts, www.mises.org. Principled pinko's include: Glenn Greenwald at The Intercept: https://theintercept.com/greenwald/, The Empire Files with Abby Martin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG29FnXZm4F5U8xpqs1cs1Q/videos

Our of curiosity how do you judge what a shill for status quo is?

Any source that tends to always support the narrow range of opinions deemed allowable by those that seek to perpetuate the status quo of more government, more taxes, more regulation, less individual privacy, more domestic spying, more wars, etc., etc.
Pluto Platter: 7-10 x 29.25 x 4.25 x 114.5 liters

supthecreek

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2016, 05:43:20 AM »

That literally do not make any sense. First of all the link / article you disregarded had sources. If you want to comment on something make at least a minimal effort. Secondly, you make a claim that they are shills for status quo without backing it up whatsoever. Why participate in the discussion at all then?

Interesting.... a knowledgable contributor, who thinks you have no right to participate in an "Intellectually well informed" discussion about voting.... when the population, as a whole, is woefully poorly informed about politic at any level, because of increasing bias in all news sources.

ok... about judging what is "Status Quo"
Status Quo:
"the existing state of affairs, especially regarding social or political issues"

Pretty easy to understand what the existing state of political affairs is.
Everyone is allowed their own opinion on that.

now.... who is a "shill" for the status quo?
If you have a firm conviction to any side of the political spectrum.... each person is VERY sensitive to news "reporting" that is strongly biased against their political conviction.

Curious... are you equally skeptical, when liberals consider FOX News as a "shill" for conservative views?

News flash..... for my political research,I decide who a shill is. And they are ALL shills.

The reason I don't participate in these "Boys Club" discussion groups, that you all cherish so much:
you don't realize how much "intellectual bullying" you do when someone "butts" in with an opinion you disagree with.
From the outside... these threads look like a platform to display your witty intellectualism.
If you can't keep up.... you get a beatdown.

Sorry, just my opinion.
The only useful political conversation, is one where opposing views are discussed with respect.... and a real desire to search for the best solution.
but, I'm not witty enough for this club.... so please excuse the intrusion.

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2016, 06:17:10 AM »
Nicely done STC!

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2016, 06:34:37 AM »
+1 Ricky boy! Anybody remember the point counter point skit on Saturday Night Live?

Character assassination seems to be the first move in many of these discussions.

The old story about people touching different parts of the elephant also comes to mind..
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2016, 06:41:00 AM »
Creek, you ignorant slut.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

supthecreek

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2016, 07:34:11 AM »
^^^^  ;D ;D ;D

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2016, 10:23:56 AM »
There is a difference between facts and opinions. Just because a person or a 'news' organization has a obvious bias, that does not mean that the facts they present are false, you can say you don't agree with their opinions, but facts are facts.

Also, just because a person may lean a certain way on some subjects, let's say liberal,  that does not mean that they are 100% on board with all liberal opinions.

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2016, 10:46:54 AM »

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2016, 11:09:04 AM »

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2016, 11:01:36 AM »

That literally do not make any sense. First of all the link / article you disregarded had sources. If you want to comment on something make at least a minimal effort. Secondly, you make a claim that they are shills for status quo without backing it up whatsoever. Why participate in the discussion at all then?

Interesting.... a knowledgable contributor, who thinks you have no right to participate in an "Intellectually well informed" discussion about voting.... when the population, as a whole, is woefully poorly informed about politic at any level, because of increasing bias in all news sources.

That is not at all what I am saying. I posted a link that clearly shows how Weasels map is a complete forgery. Magenta discredit the source by definition and did not even check the content, and I ask why do you participate in a discussion if you can not ever bother to check a link.

ok... about judging what is "Status Quo"
Status Quo:
"the existing state of affairs, especially regarding social or political issues"

Pretty easy to understand what the existing state of political affairs is.
Everyone is allowed their own opinion on that.

now.... who is a "shill" for the status quo?
If you have a firm conviction to any side of the political spectrum.... each person is VERY sensitive to news "reporting" that is strongly biased against their political conviction.

Curious... are you equally skeptical, when liberals consider FOX News as a "shill" for conservative views?

News flash..... for my political research,I decide who a shill is. And they are ALL shills.

I get it though I disagree with your definition of shill. To me a shill would be more nefarious, but I also do not mind reporting that goes against my political views. I would probably be more skeptical and spend a bit more time evaluating the truth, but if it is true it could change my mind on the subject. The problem I have with Fox is not it's political views, it is with how it disregard facts. The problem is when truth is not part of the reporting.

The reason I don't participate in these "Boys Club" discussion groups, that you all cherish so much:
you don't realize how much "intellectual bullying" you do when someone "butts" in with an opinion you disagree with.
From the outside... these threads look like a platform to display your witty intellectualism.
If you can't keep up.... you get a beatdown.

Sorry, just my opinion.
The only useful political conversation, is one where opposing views are discussed with respect.... and a real desire to search for the best solution.
but, I'm not witty enough for this club.... so please excuse the intrusion.

Oh come on. Way to look down on people. If you participate, then you should expect feedback without calling people bullies. Exchange of ideas must necessarily show opposing views without that being neither sarcastically being called witty intellectualisms nor bullying.

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2016, 11:40:43 AM »
taut. at least get the source of the map right, it's from CNN, I didn't forge it, I'm not interested in this enough to go thru those efforts.
And so it looks like you have just as big a problem with CNN as you do FOX.
You might have to start your own news network.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 11:44:11 AM by Weasels wake »
It takes a quiver to do that.

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2016, 12:09:41 PM »
taut. at least get the source of the map right, it's from CNN, I didn't forge it, I'm not interested in this enough to go thru those efforts.
And so it looks like you have just as big a problem with CNN as you do FOX.
You might have to start your own news network.

Yeah I am not a huge fan of CNN. They have some decent journalists, but overall I'm not a huge fan.

Did you find the image on CNN? Or somewhere else. I mean I see the CNN logo on it, but that isn't exactly damning evidence since proliferation photoshop. The poll it refers to did not ask anyone about them paying tax or not.

Here is the actual survey:
http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/results/race/president/

Evaluating sources is critical to our understanding of the world.

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2016, 02:54:43 PM »
Btw Creek, nice illustration. I totally agree with the point of it.

It reminds me of this:

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2016, 07:29:25 PM »
Enough:

Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

* Recent Posts

post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
foiled again
April 24, 2024, 08:00:16 PM
post Re: Sunova Ghost 8'10 SUP
[Classifieds]
kliss99
April 24, 2024, 05:01:39 AM
post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
PonoBill