Author Topic: The electoral college  (Read 17517 times)

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: The electoral college
« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2016, 11:11:37 PM »
Nice cut and paste......

Just when I thought the hypocrisy couldn't get any worse the left goes double down. Not that the right is any better but it's so blatant I don't know how they can even formulate the thoughts.....ends justifying the means I guess.

My sentiments exactly. Remember when the guy asked Trump in one of the debates if he would contest the election and Trump kind of hemmed and hawed and then Hillary and msm FAKE NEWS freaked out for two weeks after that? F*cking hypocrites. They are deplorable.

So the guy who hasn't released his taxes, has no public service experience, wants to put part of the population on a special list, and was getting info and help from the Russians. He's on the up and up.
The president, CIA, politicians on both sides of the aisle, and every major news organization are definitely lying.
I'm going to go grab my assault rifle, drive to DC, so I can rescue teenage sex slaves from an underground tunnel system, fronted by a pizza place. It's located at the convergence of the pentagram, really easy to find on the map. Let me adjust the telemetry on my tinfoil hat and get on this.

Public "service" is an oxymoron if I have ever heard one!

Do YOU have the level of business and tax expertise to wade through and decipher what is probably 1000+ pages of extremely complex tax returns to understand Trumps business empire? I sure don't and I've been self-employed forever. (And to get a fully accurate understanding will require you to go through multiple years.) If you don't possess that knowledge, will you trust fake media talking heads to tell you what you should believe? Do you also care about the Clintons who by their own admission left the Whitehouse broke and are now worth hundreds of millions of dollars by offering no goods and/or services of value? Are you concerned about their blatantly crony capitalist Clinton Foundation's "pay to play" influence peddling scam? You know, where people in high level FOREIGN GOVERNMENT and corporate positions pay/bribe the Clinton's with hundreds of thousands of dollars to give boring speeches so they can be introduced to the Clinton's cronies and get special favors? Are you concerned about how a substantial percentage of the $1.2 BILLION Hillary blew on the election was "donated" by one of the most oppressive FOREIGN GOVERNMENTS in the world (Saudi Arabia) that treats women like dogs and kills gays? Are you concerned about the emails that PROVE democrat operatives were feeding Hillary questions that she had given them in advance?

Dude, I get it if you aren't into Trump - I really do, but the Clinton's?! C'mon.

The definition of "conspiracy" is two or more humans that are planning something nefarious. Conspiracy theories are not "theories" if the thing that was conspired, i.e. PLANNED, actually took place. When you say things like "tin foil hat" (in order to shut down further discussion) to anyone that questions the status quo then it is proof that you have unwittingly allowed yourself to be manipulated by propaganda. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-02-23/1967-he-cia-created-phrase-conspiracy-theorists-and-ways-attack-anyone-who-challenge

I started chasing down fake news sources fairly early in the election cycle. I"m not that technically astute, but it doesn't require a born and bred hacker to dig into the sources and find them to be hollow and constructed just to spread propaganda. I don't know all the methods used by the Russians, but hacking email servers is just part of it. There were all kinds of news sources posting on Facebook and other social media that are no longer there. I should have retained a list of the websites--it's likely that they either no longer exist or are no longer active. It was also easy to see coordination and content reuse between the fake news sites, especially in the news elements that were not part of the focus but were present to make the site look like an actual news outlet. You'd think that with state resources behind the effort they would be less lazy, but people are people.

I'm not talking about the quality of general news media (which sucks) or media bias, this is about sites constructed to spread propaganda. If you visited facebook even casually during the election period, you saw them. They were everywhere.   

A constant barrage on social media and a resultant sporadic poorly verified follow up on traditional media  both shook the support base for Hillary with one allegation after another and shored up support for Trump. As to whether or not it was decisive, I can't say. But it was easy to see it happening. Not a difficult thing to do. I'd say we need to be careful and aware of the potential from now on.

I doubt the election result will change because of the CIA's findings, the effectiveness is not quantifiable beyond the "Johnny didn't win class president because Suzy told lies about him" level. Trump is doing the right thing--saying "I don't believe that" and going forward.

We're in for a tough time--if only because a substantial portion of the population rejects the outcome of the election. We've seen it before, but not at this level. On the plus side, Trump won't have a rubber stamp from the legislative branch. The republican majority likes the result they've achieved and wants it to continue. With all this light shining on their decisions, and Trump's, he won't have an easy time of it. I doubt his choice for sec state will be accepted. Certainly, the confirmation hearings will be something to watch.

The real FAKE NEWS is right in front of your face every time you turn on the TV, radio, or read a newspaper. And yes, they - CNN, Fox, ABC, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, NPR, etc. exist "to spread propaganda." Geezuz, when I think of the millions of lives lost due to msm fake news coverage...

Except for Fox which was anti-Hillary of course, the msm fake news gave Hillary a pass the entire election cycle. There is even a video on Youtube of a couple CNN talking heads saying just that. (Hey, there was one time they were being honest!) I remember one segment on CNN a few days before the election where CNN had 9 anti-Trump people on the panel with Kelly Anne Conaway as the only pro Trump person there. Ridiculous. That crooked old hag got a free ride from everyone except Fox.

Pluto Platter: 7-10 x 29.25 x 4.25 x 114.5 liters

* Recent Posts

post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Dusk Patrol
April 19, 2024, 12:51:49 PM
post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Night Wing
April 19, 2024, 06:29:07 AM
post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
April 18, 2024, 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard