Stand Up Paddle > Technique

Someone should do a drone style video tutorial series on all things SUP.

(1/3) > >>

clinto:
I am fairly new to the SUP world and have watched just about everything i can find on technique. The best videos i have found are the ones that are filmed as the subject is actually doing the action and there is someone explaining it. Larry Cain has a great paddling video with someone following him. It would be helpful if there was someone pointing out his hip motion and all of the other important points. He is so fluid its hard to actually see these things. Another good on is Jim Terrell explaining different paddle strokes as the paddler goes by a ruler. That one is very helpful but it only gets into the paddle motions and not body motions that enhance the stroke.
For me if there was a tutorial of people doing things like paddling out into the lineup with a drone filming it and someone explaining it, that would be so helpful. Other techniques i would like to see in action with an explanation would be catching waves and doing a buoy turn to get into position, general paddling when trying to accelerate to catch a wave, and im sure there are others that i just cant think of at the moment.
All of the videos i have watched are great, but having someone show paddle technique on land with a full length paddle that they cant fully submerge, and trying to explain what to do just isnt helpful anymore. Just some thoughts from a paddler that wants to learn more from the best.

stoneaxe:
That does sound like a great idea. A couple of follow me drones positioned right front/left rear would give a great view.

robcasey:
Thanks for the interest in aerial instruction coverage, I've been thinking of a sup video series and the more we know what you want, the more beneficial the content will be for you.  Give me a shout if you get more ideas of what can help you.  R

robcasey:
Also Check Blue Planet Surf videos on youtube. He has a ton of great instructional vids.

RC

Wetstuff:
A couple of interesting resources: the guys in Portugal https://tiagosilvasup.leadpages.co/sup-surfing-tutorials/  ...and a young fellow in Nosara, Costa Rica http://progressionproject.com have both posted fresh insights on SUPsurf/surfSUP. (?) 

I would expect a series of 'drone' instructions could only be done by a company with very high markups, like a Naish, or sold (unattractive numbers) as all the associated costs from hardware thru production are pretty high.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version