Author Topic: Official ISA SUP 2016 supuk cheering thread  (Read 1981 times)

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Official ISA SUP 2016 supuk cheering thread
« on: November 05, 2016, 10:15:32 AM »
http://isaworlds.com/sup/2016/en/

Wanted to get this started early. Let's set aside our nationalistic tendencies and pull for one of our own, SupUK. Woot!

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Official ISA SUP 2016 supuk cheering thread
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 06:14:11 PM »
I'm gonna just keep updating this until you guys pitch in lol.

Instagram and YouTube have some cool stuff at "ISA Surfing" and sunday (Saturday in the US) Charlie is in heat 12 so I'm gonna keep an eye on the webcast and YouTube to see what the waves look like. Opening ceremony is in like an hour but doesn't look to be on the cast.

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Official ISA SUP 2016 supuk cheering thread
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 07:32:34 PM »
This thread is a nice thought, and I'm already cheering for him!

And later today I'm going downwinding on that fixed fin 16x24.5" board he detailed building on this forum under the Shape Shack section. It is extremely good. He sold it to me to finance his trip to Fiji, and pay for the boards he built for the trip- based largely on the advice about what works there that Zoners gave him. So they are kinda "Zone boards". He didn't really want to sell his 16: he built it exactly the way he wanted it, and it had sentimental value too.

Pretty tricky for someone whose home break is 99% tiny mushy onshore crap to take on Cloudbreak in a world championship. So he's got to be an underdog. But we all love rooting for the underdog, don't we?

Have fun Charlie!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal