Author Topic: Microsoft Surface Studio  (Read 6032 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Microsoft Surface Studio
« on: October 26, 2016, 09:48:03 PM »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Dusk Patrol

• Teahupoo Status
  • PNW
    • View Profile
Re: Microsoft Surface Studio
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 10:25:00 PM »

I'd probably just use it to surf the 'Zone ... ;D
RS 14x26; JL Destroyers 9'8 & 8'10; BluePlanet 9'4; JL Super Frank 8'6

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 11:53:04 PM »
Funny, I was just looking at it myself. If the pen and dial works with Autodesk products, I'll be very interested. It eludes to it, but nothing on the CAD forums about it actually being beta tested.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

SaMoSUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 01:13:13 AM »
Goodbye iMac!

Even more impressive is the VR/AR/Hololens ecosystem Microsoft is nurturing under Windows 10...

https://youtu.be/SqXo7pKJGtU
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 01:27:03 AM by SaMoSUP »

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 03:06:53 AM »
Really well done.

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 04:35:09 AM »
I have a feeling most home computer users are like me. After saying that, I don't think home owners like me have much use for this computer. And at a starting minimum price of $2999, I would rather put that money towards something I could actually use and enjoy such as purchasing another sup.  ;)
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 06:15:56 AM »
Yes very nice.....I've also looked at it. A surface is already on my Christmas list and this looks amazing. of course I also have the bits for an electric bike, getting my Shape3D design CNC'ed and other stuff on the list.....not sure what Santa will bring but it won't be all....... :P
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 06:59:40 AM »
The intro event for it was painful. I don't know who the schlub is that was doing the demo, but he's boring and self adsorbed. He kept calling it a product like it was a box of post toasties. I had to watch the little short teaser video to get interested again. Even Tim Cook is better, and he's a sad follow-on to Steve Jobs.

the technology is pretty remarkable. Nothing that other companies can't do, but extremely innovative for Microsoft, who have only seemed to be able to weakly copy Apple for a long time. I don't know how Microsoft could have pulled off the culture shift to produce something like this. It's the most corrosive, unproductive company culture I've experienced.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 07:15:17 AM »
The intro event for it was painful.
 I don't know how Microsoft could have pulled off the culture shift to produce something like this. It's the most corrosive, unproductive company culture I've experienced.

Yep, exactly.

Yes, pleasant surprise they manage to make something innovative and elegant. Now if they could only get their operating system right...

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 07:20:48 AM »
Nicole's good friend Dan is getting one...he showed me it to begin with. It won't make him more creative but I imagine it will up his productivity immensely.

http://danwarrenart.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 07:23:03 AM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

SaMoSUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 08:43:51 AM »
Microsoft stock price reached all time high recently. They have been doing some innovative things the past few years. They just can't seem to shake the perception you speak of. Looks like the new CEO is making some progress on that end. A sleeping giant is waking up.

the technology is pretty remarkable. Nothing that other companies can't do, but extremely innovative for Microsoft, who have only seemed to be able to weakly copy Apple for a long time. I don't know how Microsoft could have pulled off the culture shift to produce something like this. It's the most corrosive, unproductive company culture I've experienced.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 08:45:26 AM by SaMoSUP »

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2016, 09:18:34 AM »
Microsoft stock price reached all time high recently. They have been doing some innovative things the past few years. They just can't seem to shake the perception you speak of. Looks like the new CEO is making some progress on that end. A sleeping giant is waking up.

Satya Nadella.  Amazing.

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2016, 10:45:54 AM »
Heading in to a meeting with Microsoft right now. 

More on their BI cloud analytics side.  I had a customer observe "wow it's like Microsoft came from 5 years behind to ten years ahead overnight".  I said this to them on a call last Friday at 7 am Pacific  and the msft guy says "that's right. Did you see the stock price today, it's up 5% to an all time high!"
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 10:47:51 AM by Beasho »

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2016, 01:43:17 PM »
Years ago we did the most successful direct marketing campaign we ever executed for Microsoft BI. Response was amazing, but it was a magic trick--pure marketing. Truth was they didn't have a BI product--it was Excel and SQL Server. Insanity. Glad to hear they've changed.

Off-Shore

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • HksupaHK SUP and Downwinding
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2016, 05:59:00 PM »
This looks definitely like Microsoft has got a better product than Apple but then again Apple has been focussing on where it can grow its markets in phones, watches etc etc and really not spending enough time on their Macs. It is at least good to see they have a new MacBook Pro but having been a Mac user at home and a PC user at work for many years I'm seeing more and more laptop users switching from Mac to PCs because of one simple difference. Mac laptops don't have touch screens. And for a good reason. They want you to buy an iPad too..

I was thinking of ditching my touch screen Lenovo laptop for the new MacBook Pro, but now I have seen this, I'm thinking maybe I should ditch my desktop Mac for this and stick with the Lenovo... Funny that...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 06:01:59 PM by Off-Shore »
SB 9' x 33' x 4.1" - RPC 9'8" iSUP - SB All-Star 12'6" - Blue Planet Bump Rider 14 - SB Ace 14 x 27 - RedAir 14' Elite Race - SIC Bullet 14v1 TWC - SICMaui F16v3 Custom

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/HksupaHk_SUP_and_Downwinding

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal