Author Topic: Fin set to replace Lok Box Speed Dialer?  (Read 2674 times)

XLR8

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Fin set to replace Lok Box Speed Dialer?
« on: October 21, 2016, 05:13:25 AM »
I'm hopeful to get some advice as I'm am working to find a suitable replacement for my Lok Box Speed Dialer fin set....of course the board has Lok Box boxes so I might be limited there.

I have this 10'x30" fish shape surf sup that I have really enjoyed here in the Great Lakes.  I am a bigger guy, 6'2, 215ish then add the neoprene.  Aside from the less buoyant freshwater conditions, our waves can be really choppy or mushy or maybe big and hollow but then closing out super quick.  This board has been fun in these conditions and I have enjoyed the feel.

So I somehow lost one of the fronts in a session last winter and I have been struggling to find a replacement that gives a decent feel.  Part of the issue are inconsistent waves that make a testing ground challenging.  I can't seem to find an actual Speed Dialer replacement set anywhere.  That would be my preference. 

Seems like Surf Produce is handling all Lok Box items now.  I got a set of random fronts that they said might work but they were limited with what they had.

If anyone has familiarity with Lok Box options (or a box in the garage with a speed dialer front!)  I would appreciate any tips.

Blkbox Surf
Instagram: @greatlakespaddler

exiled

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Fin set to replace Lok Box Speed Dialer?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 12:13:58 PM »
fcs fins can be shimmed to fit LokBoxs. Call rainbowfins for a replacement fin in FCS and make a shim for it. There was an offical adapter called the gripit, but they might be hard to find now.

XLR8

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Fin set to replace Lok Box Speed Dialer?
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 03:50:55 AM »
Good tip, thanks!
Blkbox Surf
Instagram: @greatlakespaddler

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal