Stand Up Paddle > Gear Talk

Low Volume Longboard SUP (dreaming one up)

(1/14) > >>

surfafrica:
After a summer of small surf, I think it's time to get a longboard SUP to make the most of the conditions.  I just sold my 8'6 RNB which was too big for me (8'6 x 30, 118 L) to a fellow Zoner.  This time, I'd like to go low volume to really get a surfy feel.   I'm thinking 8'10 x 26, 88 L.  I'm 5'7 and 145 lbs.

Here's a pic of the design (I'm working with Kyle from Kronos):

PDLSFR:
I love my longboard sup its 9'7 x 27" and surf anything from ankle to overhead !

Night Wing:

--- Quote from: surfafrica on September 27, 2016, 12:52:19 PM ---I'm thinking 8'10 x 26, 88 L.
--- End quote ---

How thick in inches will the sup have to be in order for it to have a volume of 88 liters?

surfafrica:
I'm not sure how thick it'll be.  Maybe 3 3/4 or so?  I rarely look at that number because the foam can really be distributed in different ways.  I kind of use the volume in relation to the length/width/shape to get a feel for that spec (if that makes sense).

SlatchJim:
At those dimensions, you'd have a pretty easy time buying a normal longboard off the shelf and taking a paddle with you.  :)

Here's a Weber Feather Fastback (6'6") That looks pretty close to where you're headed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version