Author Topic: Karl  (Read 1945 times)

SpaceCoastPaul

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Karl
« on: September 24, 2016, 01:46:24 PM »
Karl has been good to us here in Central FL. Up to should high standouts, very clean, with no wind in the mornings. Dawn patrol has been fantastic. Lots of Mullet in the water being chased by sharks and Tarpon have made things rather interesting. Hoping for one more good morning of clean lines.

I think I have some good GoPro footage, but Friday's file is trapped on my crashed hard drive and today's are trapped in the camera with nowhere to go. Off to the store tomorrow afternoon to upgrade my electronics. Until then, here's all that I can share.
8'8" x 31" Stu Sharpe WaveHog
10' x 32" Foote

mdsurf

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Karl
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 07:24:09 PM »
Paul,

Loving the clean lines in Cocoa over the last two weeks.  Last weekend and now this Friday and Saturday have been great surf with big clean lines.  I am worn out.  True on the bait fish and sharks.  Had a shark breach right in fromt of me with a fish in mouth.  That is another great thing about standup...my fish sized feet are out of the water.

Love the Stu Sharpe Sups in these waves.  I see you have a wavehog.  You need to add another Sharpe to your fleet get a Honey Badger.

My Sunova Speed was also a blast to use on these big clean waves.  It handles all kinds of waves really well.

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 08:38:01 PM »
Nice photo. Looks like great water conditions for sup surfing.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

SpaceCoastPaul

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 06:28:59 AM »
Thanks Night Wing.

Yeah, I'm pretty spent. Started Thursday on the Foote when the waves were small, but the lines were nice and long. A fun long board style session. Fri, Sat, and this morning on the Wave Hog has been a blast for sure. The long period and lulls between sets made it possible to make that second drop without getting punished too badly.

The sharks aren't big, but they seem to be feeding about where you kick out. I surfaced yesterday in the middle of a school of mullet. Scary but funny at the same time.

I've heard good things about Stu's Honey Badger, but I'm not sure what I'd do with another board. The Foote / Wave Hog combo seems to do about everything that I need them to do. But Christmas is coming, so you never know.

8'8" x 31" Stu Sharpe WaveHog
10' x 32" Foote

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 09:08:14 PM »
Good luck w/the reboot. I finally finished my Karl edit....proned it though!  :P
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal