Author Topic: New, new Sunova, 8-7 Shroom ..buncha photos  (Read 3087 times)

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
New, new Sunova, 8-7 Shroom ..buncha photos
« on: September 22, 2016, 11:02:50 AM »
'New' because this is my second one.  Tino at Sunova was kind enough to relieve me of the first one as I hurt my back ..just before it arrived.  Rick (supthecreek) and Tino took #1 on tour where Rick scored some nice rides in VA Beach. Shroom #2 is 8-7 x 33 x 142 liters.  It's a remarkable piece.

My unschooled eye has not seen so many design elements in one board.  Typical me, I put myself on the injured reserve list about a week ago with another session of "I can work like a kid back on the farm." ...so this Shroom will be dry for a while longer.

An additional definition of Double Concave: Top and Bottom.

I am fortunate to have a couple of Sunnova boards and my Skate XL makes for a great comparison of concepts. The  lengths and widths are about the same but tail on the Shroom is 14" wide vs 16" for the Skate.  I got to play decorator as my Skate got damaged in shipping so the top shot gives the impression/illusion the Skate's tail is more narrow. Weight for both is in the low 20lbs.

Ocean winds are all crap but I might get a little flatwater time on it soon ...and post a comparison of the Shroom and my 9-5 Speeed.  (listed in the classifieds) 

Jim

Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
Re: New, new Sunova, 8-7 Shroom ..buncha photos
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 07:32:00 PM »
I know you'll enjoy your new Sunova. BTW, lots of nice photos too.

Thanks for sharing your photos.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

supthecreek

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 07:37:44 PM »
Nice Pics WetJim, it looks sweeet!

Good to see the side by side with the Skate.

Get better. Ride this one!

addapost

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 06:52:29 PM »
man those things are beautiful
Bunch of old shit

supthecreek

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 08:28:25 PM »
addapost.... or any New Englanders......anytime you want to demo one.... I have a van full!

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 12:04:25 PM »
Thanks guys.. My back may be cursed but my 'Board Shed' is blessed. The ocean is nasty and, unlike Marc in NJ, I'm a pussy. It has to be decent.  I got to paddle flatwater. I wanted to get a feel for it anyway before I took it into battle.  Here's a better look at the concave ..did I say; 'Concave?!'

I am so stoked.  In just a few strokes I could tell this is a good one! A couple of things stuck with me: Standing just about the handle - from about 2'-to-tail ..both rails stay wet/engaged. .. There's a ton of reserve buoyancy - seemingly from the raised ridges; I could really overweight one side. It reminded me of the Allwave ..but without the fat, sailboard rails. (the Speeed with similar rails was my first taste of a SUP that could stay up on a face.. even at my low skill level) .. Dead easy paddle - lightweight and tracks straight for 4-5 strokes.

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal