Author Topic: "Low budget" race board options  (Read 11973 times)

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: "Low budget" race board options
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2016, 12:19:25 PM »
Thanks Eagle. My 14' Bluefin solved my boat wake, voodoo chop, but is not the fastest sled out there!
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

ForeverBlue232

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2016, 09:03:41 AM »
Spotted this old used one today.  What do you guys think about the hybrid displacement nose instead of the displacement noses most race boards have?  I already have a Bote board, so I'm cool with the brand.  But they don't even make this board anymore, so I'm thinking it must not have been the best design for racing?  But the price is nice and it is carbon/innegra.  Anyone have any experience with the Valhalla? 

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2016, 11:00:39 AM »
I don't, but I'm sitting here 100 yards from that board and shop.  It's only by chance I'm not walking my dog in the background.  I'd recommend just calling Gorge Performance and asking Bob what he thinks.  He'll give you a candid opinion.  He's probably paddled it himself.

tobyha

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2016, 04:37:46 AM »
I have had a number of 14ft race boards, my favorite so far has been Starboard Race in a 27" width. Several of the guys paddle them in Sydney. You need to be light to make the 25" work, the 27" glides well if you are 85 kgs or greater. I have used it for flat water and harbor racing, and the odd easy down wind, where it isn't great. On flat water I am paddling a 23" sprint not much quicker than I was the Race, I am a mid pack kind of guy. I found the 27" stable and quick. Happy shopping!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal