Author Topic: When Your Shoulders Give Out  (Read 3036 times)

Gramps

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
When Your Shoulders Give Out
« on: September 06, 2016, 09:30:56 AM »
You can get one of these; as long as your knees are still good.  ;)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: When Your Shoulders Give Out
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 09:58:19 AM »
I'm for certain going to get one, the only question is do I get just the drive and put it on appropriate board, or just buy the thing and play with it before doing something performance-oriented. The biggest advantage of being 69 (soon 70) is that I have no concerns about looking like a dork--I always look like a dork.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 10:14:44 AM »
The biggest advantage of being 69 (soon 70) is that I have no concerns about looking like a dork--I always look like a dork.
So you're saying that next year you'll have no problem trading in your new electric fat tire mountain bike for a moped?
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

Gramps

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 11:10:39 AM »
I'm for certain going to get one, the only question is do I get just the drive and put it on appropriate board, or just buy the thing and play with it before doing something performance-oriented. The biggest advantage of being 69 (soon 70) is that I have no concerns about looking like a dork--I always look like a dork.

I'll be interested to hear about which direction you take; my knees don't like stair-steppers, so it's probably not a good idea for me.  We're the same age, so I understand about dorkiness.  :)

OUTSIDEWAVE

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 01:14:44 PM »
That looks like a ridiculous amount of fun. Imagine trolling with it down a nice river.
SEA BIRDS THEY DO TOUCH AND GO AS THE WORLD JUST TANGOES BY.... SO I SADDLE UP MY SEAHORSE WITH MY FLYROD IN MY HAND.... 10'3 King custom  10'6"  c4 da beachboy

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 01:31:56 PM »
I'm 66 years old. I had my left shoulder surgically repaired 15 years ago (bone spur had to be removed in my left AC joint). I haven't had any problems with my left shoulder since that operation.

If for some reason one (or both) of my shoulders somehow got damaged, I could see myself buying one of these types of crafts because of my love for supping. Just hope my knees don't give out anytime soon.  ;)
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

Off-Shore

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • HksupaHK SUP and Downwinding
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 05:39:09 PM »
But will it downwind?
SB 9' x 33' x 4.1" - RPC 9'8" iSUP - SB All-Star 12'6" - Blue Planet Bump Rider 14 - SB Ace 14 x 27 - RedAir 14' Elite Race - SIC Bullet 14v1 TWC - SICMaui F16v3 Custom

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/HksupaHk_SUP_and_Downwinding

ericmichaels

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 06:15:24 PM »
Did you see the ElectraFin on the new CNBC show Adventure Capitalists. Adds an electric propeller on the fin. The inventors say it is for those times you can't make it back upwind.
One of the investors just couldn't get over how wrong the whole idea was.  But they invested.
I thought it was crazy.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal