Author Topic: Centre fin pin.  (Read 1488 times)

dingfix

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Centre fin pin.
« on: August 31, 2016, 12:24:46 PM »
I've found a cutaway fin that works great in my board but the pin thru the rear is almost level with the entry slot in the finbox.

I really want to use this fin and I had the idea of shortening the mount to get round this, but it would end up being only about 3" long.  Or I try to lengthen the mount instead.   Anyone ever had this issue, how did you resolve it?   thanks.

Larry Allison

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/larry.w.allison
    • Email
Re: Centre fin pin.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 12:29:45 PM »
Picture Please
Allison Race Fins

dingfix

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 12:53:45 PM »
Can't get to the board for a few days.  If it helps its an 8" cutaway, 3.5" base.  Mounting tab is about 5".    The fin works great when at the front of the box, but the pin is then right on the entry slot.

If I shorten the back of the mounting tab and reposition the pin that would work, but the mounting tab would be like 3-4 inches which is pretty short?  Hope that helps?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 01:00:16 PM by dingfix »

Larry Allison

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/larry.w.allison
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 01:11:59 PM »
Can't get to the board for a few days.  If it helps its an 8" cutaway, 3.5" base.  Mounting tab is about 5".    The fin works great when at the front of the box, but the pin is then right on the entry slot.

If I shorten the back of the mounting tab and reposition the pin that would work, but the mounting tab would be like 3-4 inches which is pretty short?  Hope that helps?

Ok understood, Move the rear pin forward no more than 3/16 of a inch, but important don't have the pin higher. trim off alittle in front of the tongue where the screw goes. Or if there is enough length on the tongue to cut it shorter then re-drill that hole closer to the leading edge of the fin .
Allison Race Fins

dingfix

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 01:20:39 PM »
Thanks for the advice, will measure up and do one or both of what you suggest.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal