Author Topic: How do you insert text under a picture?  (Read 3582 times)

robon

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
How do you insert text under a picture?
« on: August 25, 2016, 10:37:34 AM »
I'm using a Macbook. Text underneath makes describing a trip a bit more informative and interesting imo. It would be nice if there was a tutorial on here for things like this. Did a search and nothing really came up. I'm not sure what all of the icons do on the Zone toolbar, and if I need to insert codes somewhere else before I post if I want to insert text under a picture? Kinda sad I've been one here this long and still don't know the basics lol.

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: How do you insert text under a picture?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 03:02:16 PM »
Yes, if you find out let me know.

I know how to write something and then add photos but they are at the end of the post and have never figure out how to write something in between the photos.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 03:33:14 PM »
You have to use a image hosting service like flicker or photobucket and paste in the code from the site. When you use the "attachments and other options" below the dialogue box it inserts them at the end after all text.

I have a Photobucket account. When you look at the thumbnails of your pictures the codes for various uses is below the image...just copy the code and paste it in, then you can add your text after.

This is what the code for the picture of Pono's gate above looks like except that I removed a couple letters so it would show the text.
[UL=htp://s197.photobucket.com/user/stoneaxe/media/frontgate2.jpg.html][IG]http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa317/stoneaxe/frontgate2.jpg[/IG][/UL]

You can also copy and paste in pictures from anywhere on the web by copying the location or source in the properties dialogue for the picture (PC is right click...View image info) Copy and paste in all of the URL for the image location and then highlight that text here and click on the little button above with the framed picture on it...far left 2nd row and that will put IMG code around the text......and then it knows its a picture.

This is from my FB account, a picture that ExeterSUP took of my son-in-law during the 2012 CCBC

« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 03:52:17 PM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 03:39:48 PM »
Is that Pono house in that pic?
Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300
Sunova Flow  8'10 X 31"  119L
Me - 6'0" - 165lbs - 66yo

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 03:50:12 PM »
Yup....i made the gate for him and then got to go out and install it.... ;D
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 04:18:27 PM »
It also works with Tapatalk. I insert a picture of me and my son here:

And then I insert a pic of just him photo bombing Moodna Creek.

See?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pau Hana 11' Big EZ Ricochet (Beluga)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 05:57:19 PM »
Cool...I have tapatalk but never use it..... :P
Bob

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 08:02:05 PM »
The only problem with the app is that the photos have to be in the photo library of your device. They can't be on your computer, which is where most of my pictures actually are!
Pau Hana 11' Big EZ Ricochet (Beluga)

robon

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 08:08:24 PM »
I can't get this to work. I embedded a link from photo bucket that showed the picture but no text. Also, do you resize pictures in photo bucket and then use them on the zone or upload them to your pc and edit from there? Will try again later when I'm more awake. A little strange you have to go through these extra steps just to add some text.

EDIT. Got it. Thanks. Just rushing and half asleep.

This is a tree stump in a lake.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 09:05:31 PM by robon »

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 09:17:37 PM »
Actually the photos can be anywhere on the web. I use my own sites to serve the pictures I stick on the zone.I'm pretty random about it, which might make stuff disappear if I ever ditch any of the many sites I have. The cool thing about the web is that it's hypertext, and of course that's also one of the worst things about it.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 06:17:33 AM »
I always have to resize my photos before sending uploading them to Photobucket so I can post them on the Zone. This is why I don't post many photos. I wish this Zone site would allow posting photos from one's own computer, but it doesn't.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2016, 05:01:49 AM »
Actually the photos can be anywhere on the web. I use my own sites to serve the pictures I stick on the zone.I'm pretty random about it, which might make stuff disappear if I ever ditch any of the many sites I have. The cool thing about the web is that it's hypertext, and of course that's also one of the worst things about it.

even better now...at least for web connected stuff is google photos.....I took the pic of the start of the CCBC with my phone....phone automatically back ups my pictures to google photo....pictures are sitting there when I get home to write the post.....done.
http://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php/topic,30462.0.html

Bob

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2016, 08:31:08 AM »
I hate to tell you this, but your photos of the CCBC start aren't showing up.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2016, 05:39:18 PM »
And~
It takes a quiver to do that.

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2016, 07:58:36 PM »
You have to use a image hosting service like flicker or photobucket and paste in the code from the site. When you use the "attachments and other options" below the dialogue box it inserts them at the end after all text.

I have a Photobucket account. When you look at the thumbnails of your pictures the codes for various uses is below the image...just copy the code and paste it in, then you can add your text after.

This is what the code for the picture of Pono's gate above looks like except that I removed a couple letters so it would show the text.
[UL=htp://s197.photobucket.com/user/stoneaxe/media/frontgate2.jpg.html][IG]http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa317/stoneaxe/frontgate2.jpg[/IG][/UL]

You can also copy and paste in pictures from anywhere on the web by copying the location or source in the properties dialogue for the picture (PC is right click...View image info) Copy and paste in all of the URL for the image location and then highlight that text here and click on the little button above with the framed picture on it...far left 2nd row and that will put IMG code around the text......and then it knows its a picture.

This is from my FB account, a picture that ExeterSUP took of my son-in-law during the 2012 CCBC

That's beautiful work.  See what Pono got by pounding you as a kid?
2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal