Author Topic: Bert's facebook post on Sunovas new facility  (Read 2199 times)

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Bert's facebook post on Sunovas new facility
« on: August 23, 2016, 09:16:57 AM »
Sunova is building a new factory in Thailand in the surf side of the peninsula. Here is Bert's facebook post about it:

Looks like shit is getting real now ...
Got the factory license...
B O I approval...
Rubber stamp from the Ministry of Industry...
Lease , signed and paid up...
Now we start turning this 2,500 meters of space into the new Sunova dream factory and showroom...
its been 10 years now that ive been slogging it out in Asia , with very average waves when i do get them , or on a few deliveries and sales trips overseas...
I'm so excited to be based next to waves again like the old days back in Oz ,,, make a board , surf it , whip back to the factory , maybe foil up a new fin or create another board and surf again the next day.. down tools when the waves are on..
Have crew actually come and pick up customs coz they could get waves...
building is 50 x 50 , lets you figure out the length of ride and period of swell hitting some of the local spots...
Just as exciting is 300 km of new coastline to explore..

Someone made a comment about his moving to Asia away from Australia, and here's his comment:

Bert Burger .......,, if i was still in Australia , i wouldnt have a job in the surfboard industry,, it no longer exists like it once did ..I can name 30 other guys my age who started the same time as me in Western Australia , who now either FIFO, or run Lawn Mowing rounds, Carpet or Window cleaning businesses , the handful still building boards work from there backyard , do a few repairs and whatever they can find to supplement their incomes.. when i first started my own business in West Oz , i was one of 140 other surfboard factories state wide,, tell me , how many surfboard factories now exist in WA? there wouldnt even be 5 legitimate businesses still running... fucked if im going to devote 25 years into a career , only to see it dissolve , because of global economics.. im a survivor and i will take what ever opportunity available to keep doing what i love ,, this whole keep Australian jobs argument is fucking bullshit... i took a serious hit in life , so i could keep delivering surfboards to the world , there was no corporate profit on the agenda, no CEO or shareholders that demanded more profit ,, it was a survival move and thats it... so apologies for not wanting to build surfboards from my backyard in Australia and not have a go in life... i didnt create an uneven playing field, but you can bet im gonna at least take up the best position i can

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Bert's facebook post on Sunovas new facility
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 09:37:18 PM »
That's the quote of the year right there. He didn't make the situation, but he's made the best of the situation.

* Recent Posts

post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Dusk Patrol
April 19, 2024, 12:51:49 PM
post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Night Wing
April 19, 2024, 06:29:07 AM
post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
April 18, 2024, 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard