Author Topic: Girls love surfers  (Read 5003 times)

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
Girls love surfers
« on: August 23, 2016, 08:04:18 AM »
Just saw this on CL.   ;D
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Girls love surfers
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 08:29:00 AM »
Wouldn't it be nice if it were true. I got into motorcycles because I believed girls love guys with motorcycles. They crossed the street to avoid me.

A couple of 2X4's and some carriage bolts and those 81 boards are 40 surf-theme garden benches worth 500 bucks apiece. Someone lacks imagination.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 08:37:32 AM »

A couple of 2X4's and some carriage bolts and those 81 boards are 40 surf-theme garden benches worth 500 bucks apiece. Someone lacks imagination.

Pono I like your thinking, My thought was chairs and headboards as well as coffee tables, so many things can be built using old boards that bring some nice $$.
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
Custom Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 09:57:18 AM »
Girls love whatever it is that I don't happen to be doing at the time.
2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 10:31:46 AM »
Young girls love whatever their parents disapprove of. My youngest daughter's first husband was an inexplicable choice in my eyes. Stupid, vain, weak, and boring. A friend asked me what I thought of him and I said "I could carve a better man out of a banana".  A little plagiarism from Kurt Vonnegut by way of Teddy Roosevelt.

Yesterday at lunch I saw this spectacular girl--beautiful, athletic,  intelligent spark in her eyes, with a sullen, grubby, skinny wanker with pencil arms. Probably as physically and mentally far away from her parents as he could get. She followed him around like a neglected puppy. Go figure.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 10:36:37 AM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 10:39:15 AM »
I have one of those "Surfing ruined my life" stickers on the back of my van, a present from my wife.
It is partially true in one sense, I met my first wife thru surfing, which ruined part of my past, she quit surfing shortly after we got hitched, I never did. 
"Which do you love most, surfing or me?"  Bad question.

"Girls love surfers" to a limit, not all but most, and it varies depending on the girl.
I'll bet the seller is married, "get those god damn surfboards out of our yard!".
It takes a quiver to do that.

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 11:26:40 AM »
A keeper is a girl that understands when the waves come we drop everything and we go for hours sometimes days, in essance surfing comes first and if she's good with that, then you found a diamond !!
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
Custom Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 12:24:37 PM »
My wife married one, and then 25 years later became one, thanks to sup.  I don't think I've been the second one out of the water in 3 years.  I will admit to being a bit jealous when she goes without me.

I love it when we get into a conversation with a fellow surfer in the water on in the parking lot.  She sees through the BS and bluster right away, and she can tell who's legitimate right from the beginning.  I think that the honesty of a particular athlete matters to her more than me.  She's met a number of Zoners that she enjoys a great deal.  Every once in a while we meet one that, when we're done talking and get in the car, the first word out of her mouth is "Duuuuuude."  ;D

Bulky

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 12:37:57 PM »
She's met a number of Zoners that she enjoys a great deal.  Every once in a while we meet one that, when we're done talking and get in the car, the first word out of her mouth is "Duuuuuude."  ;D

Makes me wonder which category I've fallen into as you drive away...
Santa Barbara, CA

SIC RS 14x24.5
Infinity Blackfish 14'
Naish Glide 14' (2012)
SupSports Hammer 8'11
Starboard WidePoint 10'5
Ke Nalu Mana, Konihi, Maliko

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 02:10:05 PM »
To us, you're "The Dude." More of a formal title, less of an interjection.  ;D

Biggreen

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2016, 07:03:30 PM »
Young girls love whatever their parents disapprove of. My youngest daughter's first husband was an inexplicable choice in my eyes. Stupid, vain, weak, and boring. A friend asked me what I thought of him and I said "I could carve a better man out of a banana".  A little plagiarism from Kurt Vonnegut by way of Teddy Roosevelt.

Yesterday at lunch I saw this spectacular girl--beautiful, athletic,  intelligent spark in her eyes, with a sullen, grubby, skinny wanker with pencil arms. Probably as physically and mentally far away from her parents as he could get. She followed him around like a neglected puppy. Go figure.

Oh, so you saw me, did you? Well, I talk a hell of a good game! And hey, I resemble those remarks!

SUP Leave

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2016, 02:07:11 PM »
I thought maybe that was true, but my wife is wholly unimpressed by my surfing. She is glad I have a "clean" vice because I used to be way heavier into golf, which is just a more refined reason to get drunk outside and gamble with my friends.

I think she would much rather I took up laundry and dishes as a hobby.
My story is more like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_81fMlXOdl8
Make paddleboarding great again!

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 08:16:12 PM »
My gal likes whatever puts a smile on my face since I'm grim so often.  But today she's racing and I'm not.  Great thread

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2016, 07:03:37 AM »
I realized a long time ago that even though we don't have many interests in common, I'm a better man with my wife than without. Always a treat to have her come along on my stupid adventures, but fine if she didn't, as long as she continues to put up with me.

supthecreek

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2016, 03:36:08 PM »
They liked me just fine as a young surfer dude.... but that seems to have worn off.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal