Author Topic: Hydro turf patterns...best for long runs?  (Read 2619 times)

SUPflorida

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hydro turf patterns...best for long runs?
« on: July 28, 2016, 04:56:27 PM »
Been using Hydroturf on all my boards from the start...great grip, wears like iron, 3m adhesive never fails...I love it...for the first 3 hrs, then it gets kind of hard on the feet...I'v always used the diamond pattern and was wondering if any of you have used the flat, groved or waffled pattern...and if so...did you find it to be more comfortable while still giving the same high traction as the diamond pattern? Mainly looking for more comfort on long runs.

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
Re: Hydro turf patterns...best for long runs?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 05:10:36 PM »
I've used all but the waffle.

Diamond is the most hard and aggressive. I use it on my windsurf boards and windSUPs

They have two hardness of cut grove. I like the harder one. I use that on my SUPs. The softer one can be torn by aggressive surfers. The cut groove is easier on the feet than the hard diamond.

SUPflorida

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 07:08:14 PM »
DW does the groved pattern give up any of the solid traction connection.... the diamond pattern never fails to deliver.

jrandy

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 08:20:43 PM »

:P
http://pushheretosavealife.com/
Be safe, have fun. -J

SUPflorida

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 08:45:24 PM »
Jrandy...good idea...I was thinking about the same thing but what's your secret on how you keep them on the bottoms of your bare feet😜

supuk

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 11:29:53 PM »
I have always used soft stright grooved turf, I found it the best compromise between traction and comfort add a little wax and your not going anywhere.

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 03:13:08 AM »
DW does the groved pattern give up any of the solid traction connection.... the diamond pattern never fails to deliver.

The softer grooved gets slippery with age. The harder grooved does not. I think the harder grooved might be the same foam as the diamond, it just feels less harsh in the grooved pattern. The harder grooved foam is the 40x60 sheets.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal