Author Topic: Blue Planet for 1st board  (Read 3873 times)

whiff

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Blue Planet for 1st board
« on: July 26, 2016, 09:43:38 PM »
Hi -  I am thinking of ordering from Blue Planet for my first SUP.  Also looking at Naish and 404.  Any advice?  Does Blue Planet make. Good board.  Thanks in advance

exiled

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Blue Planet for 1st board
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 09:56:34 PM »
Good choice for a first board. They have a good reputation, especially for the price point. What model are you looking at?

whiff

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 10:05:30 PM »
I'm looking at the 10'6" x 34" multi-task.  I wanted something stable to start with & one that can hold up to 200 pounds.  Thanks for your replie.  Being new to the sport i have no idea about brands.

blueplanetsurf

• Site Sponsor
  • Teahupoo Status
  • Hawaii's SUP HQ
    • View Profile
    • Blue Planet Surf
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 12:19:26 AM »
Hi Whiff,
Thank you for considering a Blue Planet board as your first board.  We like to think that our shapes in the bamboo/ carbon/ kevlar hybrid construction are an excellent value for your money.  The Multi-Tasker is a great entry level board, but you need to consider many variables when choosing the right board.  I don't want to confuse you but we have a good video and graphics on this page that can help you with your choice, and you are always welcome to call our shop and talk to one of our knowledgeable staff members if you have any questions (808) 596 7755.  Ideally you should try before you buy if possible.

http://blueplanetsurf.com/pages/choosing-the-best-stand-up-paddle-board-for-your-needs

Robert Stehlik
Blue Planet Surf Shop, Honolulu
Hawaii's SUP HQ
http://www.blueplanetsurf.com

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 07:13:51 AM »
As opposed to people who buy a container full of generic boards with their logo slapped on them and then dump them online or on craigslist, Blue Planet maintains a shop that is involved in their local scene, teaches and sponsors demos to bring people into the sport, and also has a staff and ownership that compete in the sport and participate at a high level. Seems like a model small business and someone to support.

I've ridden a couple of their boards and met Robert and was impressed by both.

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 07:45:45 AM »
Whiff,  I buy stuff heavily swayed by the character of the man designing and/or selling it. I have not met Robert but from reading his posts and seeing his helpful videos, he's the last person in this forum you'd think was also likely to be running a pawn shop in Vegas.

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 11:19:01 AM »
Whiff,  I buy stuff heavily swayed by the character of the man designing and/or selling it. I have not met Robert but from reading his posts and seeing his helpful videos, he's the last person in this forum you'd think was also likely to be running a pawn shop in Vegas.

Jim

+1...and that 10-6 multitasker looks like a great board..1st or not.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

gladwell4

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 02:09:02 PM »
We have rented multiple boards a half dozen times on visits to Oʻahu. Robert and his entire staff are knowledgeable and helpful with board selection. Their boards are good quality and their different construction options make for real versatility in their line. Shop there with peace of mind.
Kings Crossover - Custom
Starboard Whopper Extra
Starboard Avanti Carbon
Kaholo 14

whiff

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 07:50:43 PM »
Thanks all for your replies.  Going to give them a call tmrw.  Seems like no complaints & lots of praise for them!

mik911

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 09:54:54 PM »
Ditto what others have said about Robert and Blue Planet.
I live in Cali, but visit Oahu annually, and always rent a board from BP for a week, while in Paradise.  Nice boards, nice crew.
Mike

Ron House Coastal Cruiser 12'6"
Hoe Nalu surf sup  10'6"
BARK 14' custom carbon SUP
Fanatic Fly Race 12'6" carbon SUP
BARK 14' prone custom paddleboard
BARK 12' prone Surftech paddleboard
Longboards: Harbour, Becker, Local Motion
Kneeboards: Cleary 5'10"
Handboard: Brownfish

whiff

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2016, 02:20:08 PM »
Just ordered & they were super helpful helping me decide on a board.  Also helped me figure out best roof rack for me.  Can't wait for board to get to me!!   Now to decide on a paddle...

MountainMan

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2016, 09:45:51 PM »
whiff, congrats on your new boards.  I think you will be very pleased in the value and versatility of the Blue Planet Multi-Tasker.  I've lived on Oahu for the last several years and have gotten completely immersed in the SUP scene.  I've owned a couple dozen boards by Naish, Starboard, and C4 Waterman.  I recently participated in one of Blue Planet's demo days to find a new board for my wife.  Both my wife and I were impressed with the Multi-Tasker.  It was her favorite board out of about 40 boards on demo.  If they had had it in pink, we would have bought one on the spot.  Although I was more interested in the wave and race boards, I tried out the Multi-Tasker and found it to be super stable and fun.  Out of their "all around" shapes in that price range, it was my favorite by far.  It truly lives up to it's name.  I think this is an extremely versatile board and as all the others have already said, Robert Stehlik and his Blue Planet shop are great to work with.  Enjoy!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal