Author Topic: Body Glove SUP??  (Read 2459 times)

AJR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Body Glove SUP??
« on: July 26, 2016, 07:34:46 PM »
The boys are getting old enough to go out on the bay on a big floaty board with me or the wife. All of my surf SUPs are too small and too expensive to use as a beater so I found a place selling their rental fleet. They have 11'6" Body Glove boards for a decent price - anyone know much about them?  Mainly I need something stable and durable - I don't care how they surf since these are for the bay only. Plus they don't need to be fast - on not planning on racing them...  Not many reviews - although I think they're made by Focus?

AJR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Body Glove SUP??
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 04:40:56 PM »
Did a bit more research and found out that they're just re-branded Focus 11'6" Smoothies; picked up a couple for $300 each.  They're not perfect since they came out of a rental fleet and they're kinda heavy but they're in pretty good shape for the price and they should be perfect for the intended application...

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 06:39:49 AM »
I thought BodyGlove was repackaging Bics.

http://supexaminer.com/2016/04/body-glove-announces-new-licensing-agreement-with-bic-sport/

Maybe this is for next year? I have a BodyGlove Surf, which is a repackaged plastic Imagine Surfer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pau Hana 11' Big EZ Ricochet (Beluga)

AJR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 04:22:39 PM »
The boards we bought are a year old so it looks like BG moved from Focus to BIC...

http://business.transworld.net/news/focus-sup-x-body-glove-launch-board-line/#Fkuohv1BKR68tcmg.97

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal