Author Topic: $1600 for my dog's teeth?  (Read 13748 times)

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
Re: $1600 for my dog's teeth?
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2016, 08:48:01 AM »
A piece of carrot also makes a good teeth cleaning snack.

Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300
Sunova Flow  8'10 X 31"  119L
Me - 6'0" - 165lbs - 66yo

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2016, 09:37:56 AM »
Our dog loves carrots, but I've overlooked the Greenies, we'll have to give them a try too.

SUP Leave

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2016, 03:26:39 PM »
Sorry for your issues Zooport, but this thread did give me a pretty good laugh today. Much needed after a morning meeting where I got chewed on for a couple of hours by some fire commissioners.

This thread is also pretty interesting, I have a daughter who is an animal freak. She keeps telling me she wants to be a vet and I told her to go into animal oncology or doggie dentistry and move to somewhere that people treat their pets like royalty (OC, LA, FLaudrerdale etc).

I can't decide what is the most American: Animal oncology or mini-storages?
Make paddleboarding great again!

Glenn B

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2016, 05:06:02 PM »
What a letdown.  I got excited when I saw the title of this thread – thinking maybe there’s a market for used dog teeth!  I love “my daughter’s” 129-pounds-of-solid-muscle Black Lab, Kai, who is just over 2 and a half years old.  But after dropping $3500 last week on a high tech procedure to eliminate his torn ACL (using titanium hardware to change the geometry of another knee ligament), I was kind of hoping that I could recoup some of that money by selling a couple of still very healthy looking teeth!  Oh well.  The good news is that the surgery so far seems to have been successful.  Back to the vet for a check-up next week, and hopefully only 5 more weeks or so having to restrain him on a leash to keep him from becoming too rambunctious.  Sounds like I should also be thankful that I’m a long way from Newport, CA.  No telling what the procedure would have cost there!

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2016, 07:06:34 PM »
Sorry for your issues Zooport, but this thread did give me a pretty good laugh today. Much needed after a morning meeting where I got chewed on for a couple of hours by some fire commissioners.

This thread is also pretty interesting, I have a daughter who is an animal freak. She keeps telling me she wants to be a vet and I told her to go into animal oncology or doggie dentistry and move to somewhere that people treat their pets like royalty (OC, LA, FLaudrerdale etc).

I can't decide what is the most American: Animal oncology or mini-storages?

A great thing about this board is the fact that threads often devolve into a series of jokes.  Gives me laughs too.  I also needed a laugh after paying that bill.
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal