Author Topic: Spoony's in Cape Cod!  (Read 6005 times)

beached

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Spoony's in Cape Cod!
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2016, 08:28:57 AM »
I do think greenheads are the worst. i fall off my board constantly slapping at those things on my legs. a full wetsuit would help, but it's way too warm for that.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2016, 08:33:02 AM »
On the plus side though, I LOVE killing them. Few things more satisfying than a dead greenhead.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

supthecreek

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2016, 09:46:28 AM »
Ian... sorry I didn't get to say hi... I was off Cape Sat through Wed Morning... full day yesterday. I have yet to do the Pamet. Probably this fall.

You would have enjoyed the paddle trip I took today, but def not a family affair, because of strong currents though the bridge. Spur of the moment when I realized the tide was "right".... which is critical for this route.

"The Muddy" on the North Chatham line.... it was just opened up when they put in a new bridge which opened the landlocked water back to a tidal estuary. Stunning. Saw an Osprey nab a fish, redtail Hawks, Blue Heron.... 1.5 hours of total peace and quiet, zero people.

beached, I wear my kneehigh Explorer boots, long baggies, loose longsleeve shirt and a big hat..... plenty cool and no skin for the bugs  :)

My rose colored glasses work pretty well, I see the Cape differently.
Here's what I saw last week, sunrises to sunsets... and everything in between  :)

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2016, 01:16:41 PM »
Hmmm. Must be different here in Chatham. Paddled around Strong Island 6.5 miles of glassy perfection.

A nice 4.4 mile BiG E square in PB. Wind died in the middle.

And there was the day it blew out from the SW and I got blown out!

Greenies like salt marsh and estuaries, not open water. Nauset marsh not fun until the next full moon high tide.

Pamet is a great paddle. Sounds like it went well.

No pics, you will have to use your imagination!

And the Chatham A's ( in last place ) scored 5 runs in the top of the ninth to beat the Y-D Redsox ( in first place ).
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2016, 03:24:21 PM »
Gorgeous pics, Creek! Lovely. Hey, since it's not working out, I'll see you guys some other time. I'm leaving Saturday AM with the receding tide of tourists, which I guess I am!

Great paddling yesterday at Corn Hill and today at Balston, although it was a little windy. None of that gross mung, which is like sea snot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pau Hana 11' Big EZ Ricochet (Beluga)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal