Author Topic: Big Sunova USA Sale going on.  (Read 35913 times)

supthecreek

Re: Big Sunova USA Sale going on.
« Reply #135 on: July 29, 2016, 02:09:38 PM »
Most of us, who own Sunova's, feel like part of a very special club...
we have our own FB page to share our Sunova stoke, not set up by Tino... set up by us... the Sunova SUP Enthusiasts.

That does not happen with a crap product or by hype.... it happens because we all feel that our Sunova's are pretty damn exceptional.

You have been told by Raf, JimK (both Sunova dealers) and myself (Sunova Mascot) all that we know about this.
I am sure that if Tino could talk about this, he would.

Tino traveled around the world 3 time this winter and spent a huge amount of money and time, to bring 23 Demo boards to the entire East Coast....Just so you could inspect and ride a Sunova before laying out your hard earned cash.

Tino has done more.... FAR more, to earn my respect than any other brand.... and I have owned ALL the big names.

Some of you... who are my friends in real life, are being pretty cheeky here....
You couldn't be more wrong....

:(

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 29, 2016, 02:58:36 PM »
hope it works out.  when did you pay and have you had any communication with the seller since then?   i did it all on PMs on Facebook and he was pretty responsive, except over one weekend.

I just got my shipping notice today, Flow 8.7 with five fins.  However, it seems they will ship it to Pleasanton, the payment address, rather than the shipping address I specified to my neighbor in Santa Cruz.

I don't really care about the politics, these boards are going to be sold one way or another.  All manufacturers wind up competing with their own used and excess inventories, so the bubble will pass and it will be back to the regular commercial channels for new stock.

There were two guys out today who were really interested in the Speeed, and Sunova in general, so I did my best to give them a boost.  I told one guy he can try the Flow if he sees me out there on it, so I don't think Sunova is suffering in terms of SUP interest and reputation.

I am having so much fun with the Speeed, even without significant waves, I feel a little nuts.  I can glide it, step it, turn it around, bounce it off a wave face to change directions.  It does have very nice, straight glide once you get in in a rhythm and can move pretty fast for such a short board.

2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

JimK

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Big Guys can have fun too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 29, 2016, 03:08:57 PM »
+1 SUPCheat

JimK
Extreme Windsurfing

JimK

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Big Guys can have fun too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 29, 2016, 03:10:42 PM »
+1 to CREEK TOO

JimK
Extreme Windsurfing

linter

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 30, 2016, 02:59:05 AM »
supcheat: the shipping company called me a few days before delivery to  set up a drop off time, so maybe you can change the address then.  and the driver called a few hours before arrival, so there's another opportunity then.

linter

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 30, 2016, 06:14:20 AM »
   Well, it was a grand experiment but facts is facts and my stupid-ass legs are just not going to adapt to a 136 liter board like the Style XL.  That being the case, I am going to swap it for the regular 10' Style my buddy Paul has, because he'd rather have the XL (he's a big boy) and sell the regular 131 liter 10' Style.  (We bought both boards at the same time, as can be seen in the photos above.)
  So: up for sale is a regular 10' Style that has only been in the water three times and has no dings on it, no marks, no nothing.  If you've followed this thread, you know a new one will cost you 1750 to 1799 plus shipping and this is not to mention that if you want one now, you probably won't be able get one for months, since I don't think there are any around.  JimK would know better about that, however.  Anyway, I'm wanting what the board cost me, including shipping: $1260.  It's in RI.  I'll try to put pix up later today but if you look at any stock photo of the board, that's exactly what you'd be getting.  If interested, PM me.

Subber

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 30, 2016, 08:45:25 AM »
Linter, got the lead - thank you for that!

I took the 4 thinner pieces (that I think you had taped on the bottom of your Surfapig),
untaped them, cut them in half. so I had eight 4" by 4" pieces that I put together into two lots of four each
that I then pounded with a mallet (and later a hammer to soften the edges and corners) and taped back together.
Then, I used double sided mounting tape to mount them behind the pad, one on each side of the leash.
Then, I taped them over them.  Seems pretty secure and obscure.

I think each of those original 4 pieces was ten ounces - so I think it is 40 ounces
or 2.5 pounds total.  Not a lot - maybe just enough to weight the tail down to a better level - we'll see.

Yesterday was windy and kind of crappy, tide was a bit high and still, quite a few people out,
so I've yet to try it.  Today looks to be the same.  Probably try it out tomorrow or Monday.
Tide won't be really good for over a week.
Jimmy Lewis Black & Blue Noserider 10'1"x31"x4.25," 164 liters, 24 lbs, 1 box
Pearson Laird Surftech Longboard 10'6"x23"x29.75"x18"x4.375," 154 liters, 24 lbs, 3 boxes
Takayama Ali'i II Surftech 11'x21.375”x28.5”x17.25”x 4.25,” 162 liters, 26 lbs, 3 boxes

linter

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 30, 2016, 09:23:19 AM »
  I'll be very interested to hear what you think, especially now that I'm going to be back on my B&B fulltime.  2.5 lbs seems like a goodly amount of weight, so if nothing else, the effect of it should definitely be noticeable.  What fin are you going to try it with first?

Subber

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 30, 2016, 10:33:03 AM »
Hmmm....well, I just picked up a Rainbow Nomad 10.25" with a nice wide base
but the foil isn't that fat so I doubt it will work as well as the Skeg for hanging toes. 
But, I've not tried it.  Still, I really should just go with the Skeg to give myself every
advantage.  I think it is the heaviest fin - so with it and the added weight, it
should definitely be noticeable - hopefully not so much when I'm hauling it
up and down the steps - gotta make sure I keep the tail up.
 ;D
Jimmy Lewis Black & Blue Noserider 10'1"x31"x4.25," 164 liters, 24 lbs, 1 box
Pearson Laird Surftech Longboard 10'6"x23"x29.75"x18"x4.375," 154 liters, 24 lbs, 3 boxes
Takayama Ali'i II Surftech 11'x21.375”x28.5”x17.25”x 4.25,” 162 liters, 26 lbs, 3 boxes

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 09, 2016, 08:38:59 PM »
OK, I got the board.  Saia Transport.

I have to admit, waiting for a new board in packaging is a pain in the ass, compared to just buying a used board locally and taking it home.

The company got the wrong zip code, and I was on the phone with them five times to try to get that corrected.  They still sent it to Santa Rosa first, before reversing back to Oakland.

They were very nice, though, and courteous and responsive on the phone, just their communications with each other weren't optimal.

Anyway, I just got it unpackaged and it appears to be perfect brand new board.  They put it on a pallet, and even offered to let me keep the pallet, but I said "no", had no place to put it.

Five fins included as stated, Sunova Flow 8.7@121L or so.  Looks like a potato chip, I guess I will find out.

The site still has several boards, though they have to check to see if they have inventory, but they might be running out of some of the more popular sizes.

linter

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 10, 2016, 04:28:53 AM »
 i had one of the big dog dealers here send a board to the right street address but in the wrong state and then repeatedly try to blame it on me and that was after charging 175 on a 125 shipping estimate without checking with me first for the okay, go-ahead.  but it was the blaming thing that really frosted my kernals.  like i'd really say 'new york' when i meant 'rhode island'.  and, get this, he first said the $50 extra on shipping was due to surcharge on board delivery to NY but once the delivery was redirected to RI, changed his mind said that it was 175 regardless of where it was sent.
   but, hey, mistakes happen.  am i still irritated about it?  as you can maybe tell, noooooooo.
   and, oh, right, no simple apologies were ever offered. 
   then, on a custom-board order with a different big dog guy here on the forum, a good many of my specs were ignored -- three fin boxes instead of five, etc etc.  fortunately, he sent me pics so i caught the errors before the board was shipped.  but still.  plus, and once again, there was no 'gee, i'm really sorry this happened, we fucked up.'  no, nothing like that.  lots of excuses though (and some of them were pretty darn heart-wrenching, while others not so much).
   but, hey, am i still irritated by that?  hellllllll .... noooooo.
   i think it's a real sad sign o the times that when folks make a mistake, they might eventually make it right but they're loath to ever admit error and/or apologize.  i don't get it.
    i hope the sunova folks you dealt with were at least somewhat apologetic and held themselves accountable for what happened.
   i mean, down with self-congratulatory, others-blaming big dog dealers everywhere!
   (but, please, don't get me started.....)
   And i'm super glad your board arrived safely, if a little belatedly.

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 10, 2016, 09:35:58 AM »
Vic said when he got his first Speeed, he said it was busted all the way through on arrival. They sent him a replacement.

At least, Vic said he was able to see the construction to the inside.

I have heard all the shipping horror stories, so it was nice that this one was shipped properly strapped to a pallet and appears perfect.  The box was also un-dinged and undamaged on arrival.  It appears to be all-Sunova packaging.

baddog

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 18, 2016, 07:48:09 PM »
The Summer Sale appears to be over.

* Recent Posts

post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
April 18, 2024, 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 16, 2024, 12:40:25 AM
post SIC Raptor Foil and Board For Sale
[Classifieds]
addapost
April 15, 2024, 04:25:26 PM
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 15, 2024, 02:40:38 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal